Fischer Audio's FA-003, how are they?
Jan 25, 2011 at 8:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

yann3804

100+ Head-Fier
I'm currently looking for a new pair of "budget" (less than $200) headphones and stumbled on the Fischer Audio's FA-003 which was fitting my budget just perfectly since I could buy it here in Canada (I live in Canada so importing from US = $$)
They cost $200 shipped/tax, everything.

How are they? Are they worth the cost?

If they are NOT, I also listed some models that I had in mind below and would like some suggestions. Else I'm going to buy the FA-003 because they seem perfect for the price.

The BeyerDynamic DT770
ATH AD700
ATH M50 (Which isn't available in Canada)
T50RP (I heard that they are good bang-for-the-buck)

So that's pretty sums it... If someone could comment on the above I would be very grateful, but I'm not really asking which one of the above is the best, but if the FA-003 is worth it for the price.

Note: I have no portable amp or whatsoever amp, sound card amp, etc.

Thanks guys!

Jan 25, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #2 of 7
I am new to this forum, but from what I read the T50rp and DT770 will not be sensitive enough to drive without an amp.
M50s are very bass heavy and the AD700s are bass light, and the FA-003s are somewhere in between and neutral. 

Jan 28, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #4 of 7
just pull the trigger on the FA003....superb value for the money. lol
hope that helps.
beerchug.gif

Jan 28, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #5 of 7
I own both the Fostex T50RP's which are heavily modded, and the Fischer FA003's. Without a good amp, do not even think about the Fostex. They require a lot of power to drive well. I can recommend the Fischer FA003 very highly. They are pretty easy to drive, and sound good straight from computer sources sans amplification. Of course, a good amp improves them, but they are very good without one. My Ipod Nano 3G drives them pretty well, in fact. I bought my Fischers from Ethan at Bugden Audio and was very satisfied with the purchase.

Quote:
I'm currently looking for a new pair of "budget" (less than $200) headphones and stumbled on the Fischer Audio's FA-003 which was fitting my budget just perfectly since I could buy it here in Canada (I live in Canada so importing from US = $$)
They cost $200 shipped/tax, everything.

How are they? Are they worth the cost?

If they are NOT, I also listed some models that I had in mind below and would like some suggestions. Else I'm going to buy the FA-003 because they seem perfect for the price.

The BeyerDynamic DT770
ATH AD700
ATH M50 (Which isn't available in Canada)
T50RP (I heard that they are good bang-for-the-buck)

So that's pretty sums it... If someone could comment on the above I would be very grateful, but I'm not really asking which one of the above is the best, but if the FA-003 is worth it for the price.

Note: I have no portable amp or whatsoever amp, sound card amp, etc.

Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back