Fischer Audio FA-003Ti official announce.
Mar 20, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #106 of 182
Here is a chart I found regarding the wooden cups. I do not know how accurate it is, i tried contacting the FA to double check but they are busy at works trying to release their new product so I guess that is why they were not able to reply back to me. Hope it helps, please note this is for the FA-003 not the Ti version. 

Mar 20, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #107 of 182
Quote:
Here is a chart I found regarding the wooden cups. I do not know how accurate it is, i tried contacting the FA to double check but they are busy at works trying to release their new product so I guess that is why they were not able to reply back to me. Hope it helps, please note this is for the FA-003 not the Ti version. 

Wow... Do these woods have similar properties with other headphones as well? Or is it 003 specific?

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #109 of 182
Quote:

This is actually our inside chart, we shared with some folks who asked about wood. It will be posted on the web-site... Sometime.
It is based on several people's subjective listening tests, done in our office, and then averaged.
Quote:
Wow... Do these woods have similar properties with other headphones as well? Or is it 003 specific?

To a certain extent, I think yes. But do not forget that cup geometry a driver specifications will have a large affect on that too.
Quote:
I really have no idea, from what I understand I think FA is not planning to release any woodies for the Ti version which I hope is a false rumour. 

We have plenty FA-002w cups in stock, and they works just fine for 003Ti, so we will continue to sell them.

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #110 of 182
Please whenever share some information on how each wooden sounds like. Also are you planning on selling a shorter cable for the FA-003/Ti?

I am loving the FA-003Ti by the way, a friend of mine who also has the older model said the newer Ti actually sounds alot more "refined" and "detailed" to what the older FA-003. I only own the newer model so I do not know but all I know is I want those wooden cups and a shorter cable :-D

EDIT: I think the english site is up with moderate description of how each cup sounds line. Please check for yourself.

http://fischeraudio.ru/index.php/en/products/master-series/master-series-wood

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #111 of 182
Will the new wooden cups still be based on 5 and 8 steps like the 002w ones for the older line? Also I'm growing tired of my current wooden cups for my 003, where can I purchase more cups that gd-audiobase stocked?

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #112 of 182
Quote:
We have plenty FA-002w cups in stock, and they works just fine for 003Ti, so we will continue to sell them.

I believe asked before but never saw an answer. Do these existing wood cups fit the original FA-003 headphones? If so, how would I find out which woods are available and how to place an order for them? I'm sure others here are wondering the same thing. Thanks.

cubdog

Mar 23, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #113 of 182
Quote:
I believe asked before but never saw an answer. Do these existing wood cups fit the original FA-003 headphones? If so, how would I find out which woods are available and how to place an order for them? I'm sure others here are wondering the same thing. Thanks.

cubdog

"We have plenty FA-002w cups in stock, and they works just fine for 003Ti, so we will continue to sell them."
Hope this helps.

Mar 23, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #114 of 182
Do you/did you own the regular FA-003? If so, how do they compare in sound quality?

No, I have not owned any previous Fischer Audio products. I would say that the Ti has a very similar SQ to that of my modified Sony F1. Perhaps another comparison would be similar bass to the HD600 but with better detail in the mids and highs.

It is much lighter than it looks in the pictures. Isolation is very good, and suprisingly, the soundstage is quite wide, unusual for a closed headphone. This is one of the few phones that I have heard that actually seem to project a soundstage beyond the confines of one's head.

Mar 23, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #115 of 182
I didn't ask about it, and that tiny thing cannot possibly be a good player. It lacks a UI, it looks cheap, and it's not worth its asking price. It may sound better than the others you mentioned, but it is NOT a better player simply by design alone.

I removed my response out of courtesy to avoid hijacking the Ti thread.

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #116 of 182
Quote:
Quote:
I didn't ask about it, and that tiny thing cannot possibly be a good player. It lacks a UI, it looks cheap, and it's not worth its asking price. It may sound better than the others you mentioned, but it is NOT a better player simply by design alone.

I guess if one judges the Tera-Player by its intuitive UI that a blind person can easily use, its appearance from pictures and its selling price while disregarding SQ, it likely is not a better player than others!

A crappy knockoff of the iPod Shuffle isn't exactly what I'd call "intuitive". 

Fact of the matter is it does not cost anywhere near that much to produce, and it's ugly. It's not worth the price, and the lack of a GUI is an instant turn off. I thought we were past the age of players like that.

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #117 of 182
A crappy knockoff of the iPod Shuffle isn't exactly what I'd call "intuitive". 

Fact of the matter is it does not cost anywhere near that much to produce, and it's ugly. It's not worth the price, and the lack of a GUI is an instant turn off. I thought we were past the age of players like that.

As this is Fischer Audio's FA-003 Ti thread, I will again state for those who might be sincerely interested that the Altmann Tera-Player easily drives the Ti.

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #118 of 182
Quote:
"We have plenty FA-002w cups in stock, and they works just fine for 003Ti, so we will continue to sell them."
Hope this helps.

Except I'm not talking about the Ti headphones. My question concerns the original FA-003s. Just because the two look the same doesn't mean they are identical. Your reply doesn't address my other questions either. But thanks for the help anyway.

cubdog

Mar 25, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #119 of 182
Quote:

cubdog

Yes they fit. They will be available to buy on fischer-products soon

Mar 25, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #120 of 182
Also a small announcement.​
We are deciding to try a loan tour of FA-003Ti, as we are getting plenty of requests for a review sample. I know I asked it before, but it was a bit messy, so lets try again.​
 ​
Anyone interested, including people who already mailed us before (and most likely did not get a reply) please toss a mail to Sergey - serge@fischeraudio.com with title​
"FA-003Ti loan tour request"​
 ​
In the mail please insert link to your profile on head-fi and write down your location so we can optimise the route.​
 ​
I can not promise we will include everybody, but will try :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back