Fischer Audio FA-003Ti official announce.
Mar 18, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #91 of 182
Quote:
Quote:
Very bad idea. Wood will significantly alter the sound and interfere with the soundstage. Wood reflects sound and will create resonances. 

Isn't wood more absorbing of sound than metal...? Or do they not put sound-absorbing material on the inside of the wood?
Anyone with the wood version care to weigh in...?

I have a pair of wood Victor DX-700s that sound great to me. (Though it is also the driver, I know.)

Wood is porous. Porous materials don't dampen as much as solid materials like metal; instead it reflects off the surface.

Which is what causes resonances, soundstage problems, etc.

Mar 18, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #92 of 182
metal also reflects sound... worse :p

vintage RS1 and a vintage sr325 is a classic example

Mar 18, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #93 of 182
Quote:
metal also reflects sound... worse :p

vintage RS1 and a vintage sr325 is a classic example

Not sure where you got that idea. Metal is the best damping material, it absorbs the backwave of the drivers.

Mar 19, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #94 of 182
I received my FA-003 Ti's yesterday and must say that I am very impressed with both the sound as well as the overall fit and finish. Soundstage is wide and immersing, tonality is well-balanced with much space between instruments and/or vocalists. Bass is about as tight and clear as any phones that I have owned.

They are remarkably easy to drive. My Tera-Player is able to drive them effortlessly without the use of an external amp.

IMO, the Ti will compete very favorably with phones costing hundreds more.

I am looking forward to seeing what happens to the sound as they accumulate more hours of play-time.

Mar 19, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #95 of 182
I'm curious about their comfort and bass impact. My Beyers are so darn comfy that every other can I try falls short. So it goes with the HE-400 in the bass department, it can slam IMO.

Mar 19, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #96 of 182
Quote:
I received my FA-003 Ti's yesterday and must say that I am very impressed with both the sound as well as the overall fit and finish. Soundstage is wide and immersing, tonality is well-balanced with much space between instruments and/or vocalists. Bass is about as tight and clear as any phones that I have owned.

They are remarkably easy to drive. My Tera-Player is able to drive them effortlessly without the use of an external amp.

I am looking forward to seeing what happens to the sound as they accumulate more hours of play-time.

I see you are located in Florida just like I am, where did you find the Tera-Player for sale in the US?

Mar 20, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #97 of 182
Mar 20, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #98 of 182
Quote:

I see you are located in Florida just like I am, where did you find the Tera-Player for sale in the US?

The Tera Player is only sold by Charles Altmann who makes each unit by hand: http://www.tera-player.com/

Currently, it takes about 2 weeks for him to make one and then another week or so for shipping form Germany. IMHO, it is one amazing DAP, and sounds better than the DX100 or the Hifiman 801, both of which I have owned.

Mar 20, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #99 of 182
Quote:
Quote:

The Tera Player is only sold by Charles Altmann who makes each unit by hand: http://www.tera-player.com/

Currently, it takes about 2 weeks for him to make one and then another week or so for shipping form Germany. IMHO, it is one amazing DAP, and sounds better than the DX100 or the Hifiman 801, both of which I have owned.

Not a chance...

Mar 20, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #101 of 182
Quote:
Just curious...why did you ask about it if there is not a chance? Did you just read up on it and find out how much it costs? It costs what it costs, and I for one am happy with my purchase, but of course it is not for everybody.

It was me the one who asked the question, thank you for the response. I read somewhere that it sells for over 1K USD!

Mar 20, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #102 of 182
Quote:
It was me the one who asked the question, thank you for the response. I read somewhere that it sells for over 1K USD!

Yeah....when you do the conversion, it costs between $1100 and $1200, and then you still need to own or buy SD cards for your music. And the Tera is hard to find used as there are not a lot of them out there, and most owners have no intention of selling theirs.

This hobby is hard on the wallet, and the Tera is especially hard to justify.....until you have heard it :)

Mar 20, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #103 of 182
Quote:
Quote:
Not a chance...

Just curious...why did you ask about it if there is not a chance? Did you just read up on it and find out how much it costs? It costs what it costs, and I for one am happy with my purchase, but of course it is not for everybody.

I didn't ask about it, and that tiny thing cannot possibly be a good player. It lacks a UI, it looks cheap, and it's not worth its asking price. It may sound better than the others you mentioned, but it is NOT a better player simply by design alone.

Mar 20, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #104 of 182
Quote:

Do you/did you own the regular FA-003? If so, how do they compare in sound quality?

Mar 20, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #105 of 182
Quote:
I didn't ask about it, and that tiny thing cannot possibly be a good player. It lacks a UI, it looks cheap, and it's not worth its asking price. It may sound better than the others you mentioned, but it is NOT a better player simply by design alone.

I am sorry, it was my mistake in thinking you had asked the original question. And sorry for taking this thread off topic, except that it was mentioned how well the Fischer's pair with the Tera, which is why I am trying these headphones out. I have been looking for a lightweight, closed headphone that the Tera can drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back