First UE11 Impressions
Dec 14, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #1,490 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by xz123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for that information
smily_headphones1.gif

It feels ok now (after two hours), let's see what it feels like in a week.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, by the way: I really like the cable. The tf10 one was annoyingly stiff sometimes, so the custom one is way more comfortable.

/edit

To add something else: I've ordered the ambient version, don't know if anyone else here did yet. It works well to switch between -12 and -26db. Might come in handy sometimes.

I also ordered the ambient version, but I still haven't tried switching them yet (I received my 11s in July). I'll have to break down and actually give them a try and insert the plugs. I do love my 11s. They're all I use since I've gotten them; well, except for the couple times that I broke down and used my other 'phones (more out of guilt due to lack of use).

They rock with the Pred. I'm fired up to hear them with the Pico!!!

Dec 21, 2008 at 11:16 AM Post #1,491 of 1,600
been a long 149 pages but I finally made it!

I have a scheduled audiologist appointment on January 9th to get the molds taken, then after getting my Ue11s I plan to look into amps more, but so far I have only do a small cursory look, so I have a quick question...

Any UE11 owners using the new RSA mustang? and what are the results with it?

Dec 21, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #1,492 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by hauberk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
been a long 149 pages but I finally made it!

I have a scheduled audiologist appointment on January 9th to get the molds taken, then after getting my Ue11s I plan to look into amps more, but so far I have only do a small cursory look, so I have a quick question...

Any UE11 owners using the new RSA mustang? and what are the results with it?

Welcome to the Club!

Dec 22, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #1,493 of 1,600
hello,

I'll order the UE-11 quite soon (hopefully compared to my UE-10 the fun-factor will be as expected
wink.gif
)
Anyway... my question is...
Actually I have decided to take the colour translucent black. But I'm a little confused, because I find different pictures in the web. Sometime it seems to be very bright (what I would like to have) and sometime it looks quite dark (almost no transparency anymore). Are there different kinds of this colour? Is it maybe just a question, how the picture is taken?

Regards
Michael

Dec 22, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #1,494 of 1,600
They can make whatever color you want. If you want a lighter smoke or a darker black let them know

Dec 22, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #1,496 of 1,600
My UE11 are going back, I can live with their recessed mid range no longer and that syrupy, tube-a-like colouring pisses me off! If it cant be changed they can keep them, I have been making excuses to myself for them for far to long. I will listen to my er4s and be happy.

Dec 22, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #1,497 of 1,600
@chef: thanks for info! the eye is "listening" too
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW
I have seen, that you have an ipod classic. to my mind the ipod-EQ is almost useless. do you nevertheless reduce bass sometimes or are you listening always nutral?

michael

Dec 22, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #1,498 of 1,600
I always listen to it natural. The bass is not overpowerin in my opinion. All the freqs come through nicely. It is a much fuller sound compared to my ue-5c.

Jan 15, 2009 at 10:46 AM Post #1,500 of 1,600
Damn, now I can't make up my mind about what amp to choose!

I was thinking the Hornet, because I really don't mind if the bass is overpresented, but now I'm thinking a more detailed amp. I mean, getting more detail than I have now would be beyond excellent!

Hornet owners: What do you think of the amount of detail you get out of your UE-11s? Should I look at another amp in the same price range, up to $500 or so?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back