First UE11 Impressions
Nov 26, 2008 at 6:37 AM Post #1,472 of 1,600
I think my impressions have arrived there roughly on the 17th. So it's well in time if they ship on the 1st. Took quite long for my impressions to get there because I'm from Germany.
On their website it says "10-14 business days from arrival of impressions".

Dec 3, 2008 at 12:17 PM Post #1,473 of 1,600
They've arrived
bigsmile_face.gif

imgp121364qy.jpg

First impression: Darn tight fit. Slightly less tight with mouth slightly open (well, it's supposed to be like that, guess it's fine for me).
Let's see if it's comfortable wearing them for an hour, then I'm going to be happy. (I don't want to have to send them back in).
SQ: Wow. Too much bass? Absolutely not. It's just awesome.
(X5L->2Move->UE-11)

Dec 3, 2008 at 12:29 PM Post #1,476 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How does it fare against tf10p? Worth 2.5x price?

Hm. It's a step comparable to the step from sf3 to tf10 for me. So definitely worth the price, especially as you don't only get an increase in SQ but in fit, too
smily_headphones1.gif

/edit
Wow. Dubstep has never sounded that good (as in: deep) ;D
(ok, that's for other music, too..of course
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 12:46 PM Post #1,477 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by xz123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let's see if it's comfortable wearing them for an hour, then I'm going to be happy. (I don't want to have to send them back in).

It took me about a week until my ears got accustomed to that intrusive pile of acrylic. Don't know how it is for other people, but my ears sure needed a good "anatomical/physical burn-in". Hang in there, it's probably worth the wait, before you think about sending them back.

Dec 3, 2008 at 12:49 PM Post #1,478 of 1,600
I too had great trouble keeping them in the first week or two, to the point where a piece of my ear really hurt for a while. But now they fit well, even a little bit loosely, but the sound is still very good.

Just need some amazing tracks to listen to, and I so want to convert to the lossless camp...

Dec 3, 2008 at 12:52 PM Post #1,480 of 1,600
Thanks for that information
smily_headphones1.gif

It feels ok now (after two hours), let's see what it feels like in a week.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, by the way: I really like the cable. The tf10 one was annoyingly stiff sometimes, so the custom one is way more comfortable.

/edit

To add something else: I've ordered the ambient version, don't know if anyone else here did yet. It works well to switch between -12 and -26db. Might come in handy sometimes.

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #1,483 of 1,600
ow I did not know they included extras it is not them being in that worries me it is taking them out and losing them. I am sure u could buy extras but for me I don't need the ambient so I am not including it

Dec 4, 2008 at 12:54 PM Post #1,484 of 1,600
Someone has been wondering whether the UE 11 are good for classical music or not . I'd say: Oh yes.
In fact listening to classical music is what I like most with them right now, because much of my non-classical music seems badly recorderd and/or mastered. Something the tf10 were more forgiving about.

Dec 10, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #1,485 of 1,600
Hey guys I'm looking for a particular artwork I saw on some UEs awhile back. It was a line drawing of a man with a cross on his back. Anyone remember seeing this or can get the picture of the customs? Thanks heaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back