First UE11 Impressions
Nov 6, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #1,441 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have recently obtained a pair of UE11's, wow is the word.

I was under the impression that the BIRD... was the WORD...
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 12, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #1,442 of 1,600
Ok I'm resurrecting this thread to answer xand's question about the 3G iPhone + UE-11, they have a really good synergy, everything you need form a portable rig with no exceptions, and, ifs or buts! It’s all there, bass, separation, detail, headstage/soundstage etc.
Also can I urge every UE11 owner to listen to Massive Attack v Mad Professor – No Protection, any source over 320Kbps. Please do, I am not shilling or anything but some of this album reveals what they are truly capable of, their range. Unbelievable, seriously, unbelievable!

Nov 13, 2008 at 6:34 AM Post #1,443 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok I'm resurrecting this thread to answer xand's question about the 3G iPhone + UE-11, they have a really good synergy, everything you need form a portable rig with no exceptions, and, ifs or buts! It’s all there, bass, separation, detail, headstage/soundstage etc.
Also can I urge every UE11 owner to listen to Massive Attack v Mad Professor – No Protection, any source over 320Kbps. Please do, I am not shilling or anything but some of this album reveals what they are truly capable of, their range. Unbelievable, seriously, unbelievable!

You wont be the first one to claim the iPhone 3G has an excellent headphone out - I'm one of the believers!
biggrin.gif
I was surprised the first time I plugged my HD600 and RS-1 into the iPhone 3G.

Now that I am pretty close to being done with selecting full size and electrostatic headphones (the HE90 and R10 or L3000 and PS-1 being out of reach of my wallet), and I already have three pairs of inexpensive custom IEM, the UE-11 Pro (or Westone 3 Customs) are near being next on my list of things to try...

popcorn.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 1:22 AM Post #1,444 of 1,600
Yea, the UE-11's are pretty sick. Their sound sig is actually very similar to my main headphone, the HE60.....just with more bass added to the frequency.

Everyday I use them, I am pretty impressed. I had never amped them until the last meet I attended, and boy was I surprised. They sound great straight out of the ipod, but they sound unrealistic with a good home amp(that can deal with their sensitivity).

Nov 14, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #1,446 of 1,600
I've recently ordered a pair of UE 11s. And boy am I anxious for them to arrive
biggrin.gif

Still waiting for the German reseller to receive my money (they already got my ear impressions), bank transfer is slow as hell.
Just if someone cares: Right now I own a pair of triple.fi 10, wonder how much it will differ. I will use them with my good, old, trusted Cowon iAudio X5L.

Two questions that've been popped up in my head, though (UE doesn't seem to reply to my questions):
- Are the UE 11 really too "bassy"? Just after ordering them I've read that and now I got (slightest) doubts.
- Does the ear shape still change, i.e. will it change that much after a few years that the UE customs won't fit anymore one day?

/edit

Oh, one more thing: Is an amp recommended with a X5L? I've often read that that's one of those players where it isn't necessary. If it is: any recomenndations?

Nov 14, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #1,448 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by chowk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't find the UE11 overly bassy - different strokes, different folks.

I absolutely agree. They're just about right - less bass wouldn't be enough for me, personally.

I'm happy I didn't get IEMs with less bass (well, at least one less driver), like the UE10, ACS T1, or EarSonics.

Nov 14, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #1,451 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by xz123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
- Does the ear shape still change, i.e. will it change that much after a few years that the UE customs won't fit anymore one day?

My audiologist said that the ear will change [i am 16 YO] and that i will feel the change only about every 10 years [this is from her experience with hearing instruments - is it right to say it like that?] but at this age the ear, as she said is still changing dramaticly and only about at the age of 17 it getting realy slower...i also sent this question to someone on UE customer service and he said that i should wait abit to be sure that the "massive change" has stoped.
so unfortunately i am in a waiting now...
mad.gif
frown.gif

as i see it i dont think that my ear is still in the "great change" session...just dont want to have a mistake and to spend 900$.

Anyway the one from UE customers service said that they can add every few years some of this acrylic thing to have it corect and more comfortable.
atsmile.gif

hope i helped you, and sorry for my bad english...
redface.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #1,452 of 1,600
Actually if your ear doesnt change much during this transition period, u can add the thickness yourself with thin layer of acrylic paint. Normally that's what they do instead of sending it for refitting and wait for another few weeks.

If i'm in your shoes, i will wait till 17 or something and once the growth stabilized, do the ear impression. In the meant time, enjoy buying and selling universal iem
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 4:02 PM Post #1,453 of 1,600
thanks, dfkt.
looks like I got to find someone with a decent amp and compare, unfortunately I'm probably the only one in my city who has ever heard of anything non-Ipod, let alone UE or a headphone amp
wink.gif

@pila and toughnut: thanks. this sounds good.
I'm 22 years old, so it should be ok, and the perspective that it's correctable if it ever starts to matter sounds good, too
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #1,454 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually if your ear doesnt change much during this transition period, u can add the thickness yourself with thin layer of acrylic paint. Normally that's what they do instead of sending it for refitting and wait for another few weeks.

If i'm in your shoes, i will wait till 17 or something and once the growth stabilized, do the ear impression. In the meant time, enjoy buying and selling universal iem
smily_headphones1.gif

well, actually i can't refit it by my own,and if they will do it, it will take 2 weeks max.

about waiting till age 17, this is execly what i meant to do
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back