First UE11 Impressions
Oct 12, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #1,411 of 1,600
Was just looking at UE customs and saw this :

The custom UE 11 Pro is available with the optional ambient feature to allow for stage bleed while controlling the isolation effect.

what is this bleed effect? Can anyone explain to me please?

Oct 12, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #1,412 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by straden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was just looking at UE customs and saw this :

The custom UE 11 Pro is available with the optional ambient feature to allow for stage bleed while controlling the isolation effect.

what is this bleed effect? Can anyone explain to me please?

The "Bleed Effect" diminishes the isolation effect of the IEM's by allowing the outside (ambient) sound to mix in with the sound from the IEM's. This is a common feature used by stage performing artists who want to have the audience/surrounding band acoustics pass into their monitors.

Oct 12, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #1,413 of 1,600
so how do you enable bleed effect? or is it just constant on?

anyway, im really considering ue11 now after trying out triple fi... i mostly liked the sound quality minus it being somewhat too bright for my taste and really terrible fit for my ears...
Ended up returning my triple fi but I really miss it now, my stock ibud / ksc75 / e4c is not musically fun anymore =(
I assume these are much warmer and not too bright compare to triple fi?

Oct 13, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #1,415 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ambient version of the UE11 has a vent, allowing sound to pass through from the outside to your ears. Attenuation is ~12dB. They come with a tiny rubber plug to close the vent if needed, boosting attenuation to ~26dB.

oh i see... do you happen to have a link to picture of an example?
would be a nice feature since I am planning to use at work as well.

Oct 13, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #1,416 of 1,600
Oct 13, 2008 at 12:59 AM Post #1,417 of 1,600
Quote:

so how do you enable bleed effect? or is it just constant on?

anyway, im really considering ue11 now after trying out triple fi... i mostly liked the sound quality minus it being somewhat too bright for my taste and really terrible fit for my ears...
Ended up returning my triple fi but I really miss it now, my stock ibud / ksc75 / e4c is not musically fun anymore =(
I assume these are much warmer and not too bright compare to triple fi?

UE11s are 30% warmer than triple.fi. The triple.fi just sound bright and too analytical based on my observations when I switch back and forth between the two IEM's.

Oct 13, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #1,418 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by user1029 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UE11s are 30% warmer than triple.fi. The triple.fi just sound bright and too analytical based on my observations when I switch back and forth between the two IEM's.

30%... wow that sounds good enough for me... now is there anyway to avoid sales tax on these? I live in CA =(

Oct 13, 2008 at 1:13 PM Post #1,419 of 1,600
Quote:

oh i see... do you happen to have a link to picture of an example?
would be a nice feature since I am planning to use at work as well.

From the impressions I got about the ambient feature in this thread (search), if you don't need it, you don't want it. Their are other options like the Shures PTH microphone extension if you need something for cheaper that will work better.

Oct 13, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #1,420 of 1,600
Hi fellow UE owners,

Well I finally saved up enough money to buy one of these baby. I got a few questions before making the trip to the audiologist. I am wondering with all the new headphones coming out should I wait a few more months to purchase these headphone. Maybe ue would create some new custom or universal by than. But can UE top the 11s any more being at is performance level, 4 balance, and a cost of 1150. Well I would like to know what you guys think lets say if you did not own a pair yet will you still go buy it now or wait for a bit more.

Thanks,
Ammo

PS. Right now I am using Triple.fi 10 (modded Wires) with RSA predator and source is Iphone//Zune.

Oct 13, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #1,421 of 1,600
i personally dont think UE will come out with 4 drivers anytime soon.

UE already released some new universal IEM last month but mostly are just upgraded with handfree unit. The only new product is Super.fi 5, sibling of 5Pro.

The next upgrade after getting your UE11 might be your player and perhaps your ears :p

Oct 14, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #1,424 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Comparing the UE11 to the SE530 is something along the lines of comparing a well amped R10 to DT770s.

im sorry but im newb in this field... i have no experiences of those two...

Oct 14, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #1,425 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Comparing the UE11 to the SE530 is something along the lines of comparing a well amped R10 to DT770s.

you would be shocked at the amount of people that do! But yeah different field completely so no accurate comparison imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back