First UE11 Impressions
Mar 9, 2009 at 10:25 AM Post #1,592 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by htotsuka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can I buy the UE 11 pro directly from japan?

Please teach me.

Nope, USA only.
frown.gif

Sep 8, 2009 at 11:23 AM Post #1,598 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had the UE11's about since they came out....I'll provide some insight(or at least hope to).

They are the best IEM's I have ever heard. I have compared them directly with the W5000, K1000, HE60, and the list goes on. The only category they cannot compete with is openness. They sound great, but they still sound like an IEM. The are as dynamic as the he60 and k1000, but the sound is "smaller" so to speak.

They are very forward, not recessed at all(and I hate recessed mids), but they are very true to the recording. A lot of songs are more forward, but some are recessed due to the recording. So, some songs sound different, which can be annoying to me(because it sometimes sounds like I'm not listening to the UE-11 if that makes sense). Sometimes songs sound perfect for my preferences, but then for others it sounds like What? lol

On the UE-11's you have to take a chance...you can't sell them and NO sound is for everyone. At meets there were a lot of people who loved the baby orpheus, but there were also people who didn't(due to the lack of bass)...you have to understand that you may be apart of the minority and not like the UE-11. The only thing that will decrease this chance is by researching them and knowing what you like. If this is too much of a risk, then it may not be a good product for you. I got lucky, I guess. I love the sound, but I can undestand how someone wouldn't.

The best I can describe them is like the hd650 with more of a dynamic punch(speed and accuracy). I like them directly from the ipod or laptop, but I have to admit that the fact that they are IEM's get too me at times...cans provide a more whole sound and are less constraining.

I hope this helps in at least the slightest...

I know this is an old post but I'm browsing the thread gradually and I found it really helpful mate - thanks.

Sep 15, 2009 at 10:45 AM Post #1,599 of 1,600
Hello ,
please can someone comapre them to UE TF10 and IE8?I had IE8 and now i have TF 10s (universals not customs) and on UE i miss punchy senn´s bass and i really do not like mids.As i have read UE11s got excellent bass don´t they?So i should not miss bass on them , but what about mids? are they better than TF10s?And what about sound stage and localization TF10 has got much smaller soundstage than IE8 but it has qouite good localization , is a sound stage much bigger on 11s?Thanks for your answers

lu-chen-chan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back