FIRST IMPRESSIONS: NEW Nuforce uDAC-2 with 24/96 - USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out
Aug 12, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #61 of 877

Quote:
I just purchased an udac-1.  I would love to post a review for udac-2 on Amazon.  Do I qualify for an upgrade asap instead of waiting to october?  

We manage to find a few spare uDAC2 boards from the factory. Send email to directsales@nuforce.com
By the way, we should have a batch of uDAC2 boards for upgrade by early September.

Aug 12, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #62 of 877
I'm bringing the original uDAC and uDAC-2 (along with Icon Mobile and HDP) to the Colorado meet this weekend, so people will be able to try them out and hear the differences in their own rig.  Then they might post their impressions here.

Aug 13, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #63 of 877
Hi, I'm new here and I'm new to Dacs. I'm interested in getting the uDac-2 as my first. I listen to a wide range of music from classical, progressive rock, jazz, electronic, metal, folk, etc. What headphones (range from $100-150) do you recommend that I get with the udac-2?

Aug 13, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #64 of 877

Quote:
Hi, I'm new here and I'm new to Dacs. I'm interested in getting the uDac-2 as my first. I listen to a wide range of music from classical, progressive rock, jazz, electronic, metal, folk, etc. What headphones (range from $100-150) do you recommend that I get with the udac-2?

You should probably start your own thread, since this is mostly dedicated to impressions and uDAC-2 specific questions for Jason. BTW, welcome to Head-Fi.
beerchug.gif

Aug 13, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #68 of 877
Along the same lines, I'm really curious about how the Icon-2 will perform.

Aug 13, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #71 of 877
Aug 14, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #74 of 877

Quote:
Quote:

Sorry for sounding ignorant, but how would you choose between using the uDAC-2's volume pot vs. your headphone amp's volume pot? I'm currently feeding the uDAC-2 to an M-Stage via the RCA out jacks. I originally thought that the uDAC-2's RCA output was straight line out, but I noticed that the volume knob does indeed change the RCA output volume.

Larry, could you please comment on this as I am also interested to know. Cheers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back