FIRST IMPRESSIONS: NEW Nuforce uDAC-2 with 24/96 - USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out
Aug 5, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #31 of 877

Quote:
This should answer your question.

i saw the statement but is it refer to " It won't working at all/no sound at all " OR "It can't make use of the 24/96KHz coz ipad doesn't support it which max at 16/48KHz"? or because of the resolution for uDAC-2 is 24-bits instead of 16-bits?

As i know uDAC-2 still supporting lower sampling rate rather than constant at 96KHz.

Anyone tried it out with iPad yet? Please let me know it is working with sound or NO SOUND at all, thanks!

Found my answer thanks! It iPad won't support DAC run on 24-bits.

Aug 5, 2010 at 9:01 AM Post #32 of 877

Yeah, eVGA is the only other company I know of that does it..

So I'm a bit confused.. is the upgrade available only for those who purchased recently and not those who bought it close to its release?

Quote:

The upgrade price for people who bought in July is too low for me to mention in this forum
ksc75smile.gif

I hope people appreciate what we are doing. It is really difficult to offer upgrade for mass market products (who does that anyway?), especially on a worldwide basis.

Aug 5, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #33 of 877
It sounds to me that if you purchased (I'd assume that it pertains to purchasing New, but I'm sure Nuforce will clarify) before The end of June that you'll qualify for the $65 upgrade offer. If you recently purchased one (I.e. In July) then Nuforce has an extra special deal that you are eligible for. (So good that they don't want to publish it yet

I'd be surprised if any of these upgrade offers will be available for those who purchased Used. But that's for Nuforce to determine. I'm sure that they will clarify the policy before October, which is when they plan on making the Upgrades available (after initial demand for the uDac-2 has cooled a little)

Aug 5, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #34 of 877
Cool..

Well I guess now I'll wait to see how this will work worldwide (I bought mine from amazon US and paid international shipping)

Aug 5, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #35 of 877

Cool..

Well I guess now I'll wait to see how this will work worldwide (I bought mine from amazon US and paid international shipping)

Wow! Then you're just plain screwed.

Kidding, I'd expect for them to take care of you, but you'll probably have to eat international shipping again.

Aug 5, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #36 of 877

Quote:
Kidding, I'd expect for them to take care of you, but you'll probably have to eat international shipping again.

We might be able to offer it through our new distribution partner in Netherlands. They are not setup for taking orders directly for upgrade yet.
You will have to pay for international shipping again, but we can ship by USPS Priority Mail Envelop for the tiny board which cost about $15 or less in shipping.

Aug 6, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #39 of 877
Damn man, my heart actually stopped pumping after I read your first line... 
basshead.gif

Quote:
Wow! Then you're just plain screwed.

Aug 6, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #40 of 877
Many of you have written wonderful reviews on Amazon.com for uDAC but we have no way of finding out who you are.
For those of you who purchased uDAC-2, please post your review on Amazon.com AND EMAIL US (directsales@nuforce.com) so we know who you are and will like to send you a gift.  We want to offer a nice gesture of appreciation but not so much that it appears we are buying reviews.
If you are existing uDAC customers that have posted reviews and would like to upgrade to uDAC-2, we will like to handle your upgrade asap and encourage you to post a follow up review.

Thanks
Jason

Aug 7, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #41 of 877
Why couldn't Nuforce put both uDAC and uDAC-2 on the market? I doubt uDAC owners have the intention to use 24/96 anyway as it is a portable DAC. $100 for 16/48, and $30 more for those who want 24/96 would've been more efficient, no? You guys built a solid rep by having great reviews on Amazon and now it is going to waste because it has to start all over..

Aug 7, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #42 of 877
Companies rarely have 2 products that are too similar in too close price range. Moreover, the uDAC has reported issue about channel imbalance, and NuForce might have to replace a lot of them. I don't see any reason to keep both of them.

Aug 7, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #43 of 877

Quote:
Why couldn't Nuforce put both uDAC and uDAC-2 on the market? I doubt uDAC owners have the intention to use 24/96 anyway as it is a portable DAC. $100 for 16/48, and $30 more for those who want 24/96 would've been more efficient, no? You guys built a solid rep by having great reviews on Amazon and now it is going to waste because it has to start all over..

I am a udac owner and am quite happy that there will be 24/96, as it is a cheap way for me to get into 24 bit audio and see what the fuss is all about. It won't be a waste as the reputation of the udac is pretty good and will brand extend onto the udac-2.

Aug 7, 2010 at 2:58 AM Post #44 of 877

Quote:

I see your point and kind of agree but they probably just ran out of the old boards and decided it would be a good time to re-tool and update their design. Too bad about leaving iPad owners out in the cold with the new model though, it would be nice to offer both models in that respect. I have never had a problem with the old model, the supposed channel imbalance has never been an issue for me.

Aug 7, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #45 of 877

Jason,

When will this unit hit Europe?

Thank you
Quote:
Many of you have written wonderful reviews on Amazon.com for uDAC but we have no way of finding out who you are.
For those of you who purchased uDAC-2, please post your review on Amazon.com AND EMAIL US (directsales@nuforce.com) so we know who you are and will like to send you a gift.  We want to offer a nice gesture of appreciation but not so much that it appears we are buying reviews.
If you are existing uDAC customers that have posted reviews and would like to upgrade to uDAC-2, we will like to handle your upgrade asap and encourage you to post a follow up review.

Thanks
Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back