FIRST 5.5 GEN IMOD IMPRESSIONS!
Jun 1, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #61 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use lossless and still am not interested for my needs. I stand strong too!
evil_smiley.gif

320kbps Mp3 suits my needs just fine. even without a portable amp.

Team AntiMod
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 2, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #62 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJingles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My iMod 80g and ALO cable should be here at the top of next week!! Can't wait!!

Cable came today. imod 80g by Tues!!!
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2007 at 12:38 AM Post #64 of 343
i encode everything @ 320kbps Mp3 like amigo does. just gimme a dap with a lineout and a nice amp running some er4s (um2s when i get money) and im set. to me imods are for people who plan to encode in lossless/flac. if i want critical hi-fi listening bliss i'll go home to my cds.

its all just a matter of preference though, so dont mind us antimods and enjoi your imod. and post more impressions because i love to readdd

on a side note. id love to see pics of your darth beyers(are they in your avatar) and custom ue-10s.

Jun 2, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #65 of 343
Vinnie just e-mailed and said my 80g iMod has been sent!
Ken sent my iMod cable on Wednesday!
I ordered my first set of decent headphones, Alessandro MS-1, yesterday.
I should have all three by the top of next week!
I am now waiting on the Xin Mini-IV which Xin e-mailed me almost 2 weeks ago and said it would be about 2 weeks...so hopefully, not long (we shall see)!
I sincerely want to thank all of you Head-Fi members who openly help and guide all of us noobs! I would be at a total loss without your input!

Jun 2, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #66 of 343
^I am sure you will enjoy this journey that you are beginning at Head-Fi.org. Keep on coming back and giving us impressions about your equipment and the music that you listen too.

Jun 2, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #67 of 343
To those who have the new iMod, is there ANYTHING to show that it is a special iPod? The new voltage output will prove to be trouble for most other, normal line-out dock things.

I would hate to be the cause of trouble if some numbnut takes my iPod and plugs it into his iPod BOSE speakers.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 2, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #68 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To those who have the new iMod, is there ANYTHING to show that it is a special iPod? The new voltage output will prove to be trouble for most other, normal line-out dock things.

I would hate to be the cause of trouble if some numbnut takes my iPod and plugs it into his iPod BOSE speakers.
rolleyes.gif

The is an IMOD badge that will be on the back but Mine doesnt have it yet because the tags were not in when my ipod was ready!

Vinnie is sending me the tag. However I dont think it has any kind of warning.

In fact today my wife unplugged my IMOD from my amp because she noticed that the battery died and she plugged it into my charger not knowing any better.

The charger is hooked up to my home reciever via a mini to rca cable that I was using before modding.

Bad news is she left it playing in the dock while charging. The good news is the receiver was never switched to the IPOD selection so NO DAMAGE WHEW!!!

Its gonna happen to someone I guarantee it!

Jun 2, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #70 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would recommend that people that get an IMOD should use the combination lock function so knowone can press play but you!

Oh wow, I forgot about that option. Thanks for bringing that up.
icon10.gif

So, the badge is essentially a sticker? Hopefully a high-quality strong sticker.

Jun 2, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #71 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh wow, I forgot about that option. Thanks for bringing that up.
icon10.gif

So, the badge is essentially a sticker? Hopefully a high-quality strong sticker.

It's actually a laser etched custom metal tag that sticks on the back but Vinnie says its real sharp!

Jun 2, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #72 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's actually a laser etched custom metal tag that sticks on the back but Vinnie says its real sharp!

Sharp in fashion and in the literal sense, I assume.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 2, 2007 at 6:26 AM Post #74 of 343
Trose49, good thought on the thread. Looks like alot of people have been thread jacking but the concept is good and of interest to alot of us Imod faithful. I have had the 4g Imod for about a year now and have been very happy. I think that one of the greatest improvements for me has been as I like to put it....the Imod gives you a pure black background that lets the music sing its song as it was intended. The seperation is much better as you mentioned and it is all in the details. Considering that Vinnie recommends his Imod and personnally uses it as his source with his Signature 30 and 70 series monoblocks in his home speaker set up is a testiment in itself to the quality that can be achieved.

The Imod is not inexpensive as many have mentioned but when compared to the cost of other quality sources it is indeed a bargain in my opinion. Choice and value are very subjective and in interest of gaining opinion on the new Imod, I think that cost issues should be laid to rest or perhaps addressed in another thread. The Imod offers a great solution to quality audio in a small portable set up...no more carrying around all your CDs. So give it the credit it is due and take into account the benefits of what it offers in a highly portable, easily accessible solution.

As with all things, if you don't want it, don't get it but let Trose49 run the thread which is "5.5 Imod Impressions." Not trying to be an a#$ here but it is a valid thread of interest and we should respect it for what it was intended. I look forward to further opinions on the 4g Imod versus the 5/5.5g Imod sounds and signatures. I love the 4g Imod but am running out of space and am interested in what Vinnie and ALO have come up with for audiophiles now!
orphsmile.gif

Jun 2, 2007 at 11:59 AM Post #75 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by Combat Audio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trose49, good thought on the thread. Looks like alot of people have been thread jacking but the concept is good and of interest to alot of us Imod faithful. I have had the 4g Imod for about a year now and have been very happy. I think that one of the greatest improvements for me has been as I like to put it....the Imod gives you a pure black background that lets the music sing its song as it was intended. The seperation is much better as you mentioned and it is all in the details. Considering that Vinnie recommends his Imod and personnally uses it as his source with his Signature 30 and 70 series monoblocks in his home speaker set up is a testiment in itself to the quality that can be achieved.

The Imod is not inexpensive as many have mentioned but when compared to the cost of other quality sources it is indeed a bargain in my opinion. Choice and value are very subjective and in interest of gaining opinion on the new Imod, I think that cost issues should be laid to rest or perhaps addressed in another thread. The Imod offers a great solution to quality audio in a small portable set up...no more carrying around all your CDs. So give it the credit it is due and take into account the benefits of what it offers in a highly portable, easily accessible solution.

As with all things, if you don't want it, don't get it but let Trose49 run the thread which is "5.5 Imod Impressions." Not trying to be an a#$ here but it is a valid thread of interest and we should respect it for what it was intended. I look forward to further opinions on the 4g Imod versus the 5/5.5g Imod sounds and signatures. I love the 4g Imod but am running out of space and am interested in what Vinnie and ALO have come up with for audiophiles now!
orphsmile.gif

Very nicely put!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back