FIRST 5.5 GEN IMOD IMPRESSIONS!
Jun 1, 2007 at 1:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 343

trose49

Banned
OK first off BIG Kudos to both Vinnie from Red Wine and Ken from ALO audio!

Thanks Guys, Vinnie came through a day ahead of schedule and Ken sent my IMOD cables express mail so both were available to me today.
eggosmile.gif

As I mentioned in another thread the torture today was KILLING ME!!! I had the IMOD in hand and cables in an express envelope at home! UGGGGH!

Anyway Here we go:

Keep in mind the IMOD & Cables had 0 Burn-in so I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg!

I get home late (of course) and hook up the IMOD to my Custom HR-2 via a 20" 22 gauge Cryo/ 20 gauge Silver IMOD DOCK! (custom of course)

I cue up a playlist to repeat for Burn-in and plug in my V3-O Darth Beyers and take a listen...............................
wink.gif

Have you ever heard Darth Beyers with crystal clear high's I'm talking silky smooooth?

I HAVE NOW!
blink.gif

I was listening to Eric Clapton "Unplugged" as well as some tracks from "From the Cradle" I love Blues!

The clarity is what jumps out at me first and foremost. The Darths although "dark" cans IMO now don't seem so "dark" anymore. They have an amazingly clear aspect that is cool and liquid like. Is this possible?? I listen more intently!................................. YEP it's not only possible it's happening!

Well I don't want to get carried away just yet, but boy does this thing look to have some serious chops.

These are just a few quick impressions I really want to let it Burn-In and explore some different music genres and of course a listen with my Hornet/UE-10 combo which should be back home early next week.

Feel free to ask any and all questions I dont mind at all!

Again Vinnie and Ken you guys rock!!
cool.gif

Many more impression to come! Let me play with it a bit!

Todd

Jun 1, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #4 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stop it. Stop it I say!

I don't need an iMod. I don't! You can't make me buy one...

GAD

OH! but you doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 1, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #5 of 343
Wow, that sounds amazing. Perhaps it's just the newness of the Imod, but if it is truly that good then I guess the portable hi-fi market is over, RWA wins. Wouldn't that make things simple?

Jun 1, 2007 at 1:56 AM Post #6 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stop it. Stop it I say!

I don't need an iMod. I don't! You can't make me buy one...

GAD

yes u do. and ur going to do whatever it takes to get one.

Jun 1, 2007 at 2:00 AM Post #7 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon118 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, that sounds amazing. Perhaps it's just the newness of the Imod, but if it is truly that good then I guess the portable hi-fi market is over, RWA wins. Wouldn't that make things simple?

I really don't think it was a newness factor the Darths have a pretty signature sound that I very well used too. I listen to them every night.

And they NEVER sounded like this! But I understand your view.

Jun 1, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #9 of 343
I'm wondering, have you ever had a "good" source?

If you like it now, you may find it gets more liquid later. I estimate it'll become darker and the bass should come in. Blackgates need to burn in.

Jun 1, 2007 at 2:23 AM Post #12 of 343
Congrats on your new iMod. Have you listened to the 4G iMod, and if so can you compare the two, what you liked better, or the same, etc...

Jun 1, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #13 of 343
Quote:

Originally Posted by LDMES /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on your new iMod. Have you listened to the 4G iMod, and if so can you compare the two, what you liked better, or the same, etc...

Also very interested in this comparison. Sorely tempted vs. sorely broke...

best,

o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back