Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 16, 2024 at 6:59 AM Post #11,596 of 11,644
I use the Radius Deep Mount clear tips, L size, with the E5000. Not only it looks better, matching the cable, I also recover easily about 10dB of air frequencies. I actually wouldn't recommend the E5000 with the stock tips.

I cannot use them on the E3000 unfortunately as they block the front vent, causing pressure issues. But the E3000 actually sounds quite good with the stock tips.

Jan 16, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #11,597 of 11,644
I use the Radius Deep Mount clear tips, L size, with the E5000. Not only it looks better, matching the cable, I also recover easily about 10dB of air frequencies. I actually wouldn't recommend the E5000 with the stock tips.

I cannot use them on the E3000 unfortunately as they block the front vent, causing pressure issues. But the E3000 actually sounds quite good with the stock tips.
Swap out the E5000 cable and you'll get back even more air :D

Jan 17, 2024 at 1:19 PM Post #11,598 of 11,644
Bought the original ZE8000 today, I've had a lot of fun with it this afternoon, they sound fantastic, highly engaging, powerful, weighty bass without bloat. Involuntary dancing took place.

I've seen complaints in reviews about them not being loud, straight out of the box they were a very fun loud at around 40% vol. I'm using them with a Sony Xperia 1iii with aptx adaptive and the connection is solid. There is a volume step optimizer in the app which gives you more fine control, it works well. I bought them for listening around my home and I'm very pleased with them, the ANC is not as effective as the Sony wf-xm5/4 but it makes a substantial difference. Ambient mode also works well though again not the best, I didn't buy them as a do all TWS, I have other options for that.

I bought them new with a big discount from a local store. This could be new acquisition glow but I am tempted to get the MK2 now.

Jan 18, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #11,600 of 11,644
Every time I plug in my A5000 I wonder why are these iems not more widely loved? They sound so good to me.
I suspect that people might assume that they're like the A4000 with a fancier cable, many people find that too bright and harsh, I like the A4000 with some music but at times they grate on me. The A5000 is a far more pleasant, smoother listen, its a favourite along with the E5000.

Jan 19, 2024 at 1:01 AM Post #11,601 of 11,644
Feb 4, 2024 at 3:22 AM Post #11,603 of 11,644
Hi FA fans,
I need your recommendations or ideas about my two Sonorous HP-s:
Sonorous X: Which alternative ear pads are recommended? I would like to have a more comfortable and more lasting solution than the stock FA ear pads with similar sound profile.

Sonorous VI: The head band on my Sonorous VI peeled completely off. Is there original or after market solution for head band replacement for the Sonorous line?

Thanks for all your hints!

Feb 5, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #11,604 of 11,644
My suspicion is that the ear pads from the AD have been kept for too long and have degraded in quality. :frowning2:
It happened to me, but a lot worse...with the shoe soles...completely gone while I was outside. :beyersmile:
I had never seen that before or even thought that something like that could happen.
Yes, you are right with your theory.
I hope you get a refund.

Cheers!

Feb 5, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #11,605 of 11,644
Stay away from B3 if you listen to EDM. It’s a great IEM otherwise.
Definitely! I just got mine (B3), and these are my thoughts as well. Not that it sucks there, it's not.
But there are better options, a lot better and cheaper if you listen to electronic music such as techno, dub, etc...
B3 don't have the necessary speed, and that way, it loses excitement.

For other music, acoustic, instruments, guitars, vocals...B3 are sublime!

I recently got a NiceHCK F1 Pro, which are $100, and I'm really enjoying techno with it. A lot of fun and excitement!

BTW...any suggestions for a balanced cable replacement for B3 that is affordable :)?
I got one from NiceHCK (not expensive), silver plated...I thought it would be an upgrade, but it completely changed the sound signature.
While the sound is fine, it has lost all the magic and uniqueness that B3 have.

I'd like one that doesn't change the sound but elevates the excitement. The main goal would be getting one with a balanced connector.

Cheers!

Feb 5, 2024 at 11:16 AM Post #11,606 of 11,644
BTW...any suggestions for a balanced cable replacement for B3 that is affordable :)?

"affordable" is a slippery concept of course :)

What I can say is B3 sound very well with Dunu DUW-02S

Feb 5, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #11,608 of 11,644
I have Dunu Vulkan. Is that the cable you are referring to? The one I got with Vulkan?
Not by direct experience, but by reading on Dunu's website: yes

Feb 6, 2024 at 2:13 AM Post #11,609 of 11,644
Definitely! I just got mine (B3), and these are my thoughts as well. Not that it sucks there, it's not.
But there are better options, a lot better and cheaper if you listen to electronic music such as techno, dub, etc...
B3 don't have the necessary speed, and that way, it loses excitement.

For other music, acoustic, instruments, guitars, vocals...B3 are sublime!

I recently got a NiceHCK F1 Pro, which are $100, and I'm really enjoying techno with it. A lot of fun and excitement!

I got one from NiceHCK (not expensive), silver plated...I thought it would be an upgrade, but it completely changed the sound signature.
While the sound is fine, it has lost all the magic and uniqueness that B3 have.

I'd like one that doesn't change the sound but elevates the excitement. The main goal would be getting one with a balanced connector.

Cheers!
Fiio lc-re si cool

Feb 6, 2024 at 12:43 PM Post #11,610 of 11,644
Not by direct experience, but by reading on Dunu's website: yes
I tried the Dunu that I got with Vulkan, and it doesn't work well. It takes liveness out of the sound.
This stock cable seems to have great synergy with B3. I might hold on with looking.

It seems that they are very cable-picky.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Cheers!

Fiio lc-re si cool
Thanks for the suggestion!
Yes, it's pretty expensive - 50% of the price of B3 - and I'm not sure if it would even work.

I tried a few that I have, and neither worked well.
It would be great to try that one first, but that won't happen.

Thanks!

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back