Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 9, 2023 at 12:21 AM Post #11,387 of 11,644
IMG_5977.jpg

Got the Final Audio A5000 recently, it is good value for the money. With such pricing it can deliver a high end timbre close or on par with the mid-range pricing IEMs (such as Meze Audio ADVAR, and I reckon it is just a tad behind the IE 600).

It is a warm and analytical IEM, its timbre is kind of a warm, analog sounding but I am amazed with the instrument separation and positioning. Vocal sounds solid and not peaky, treble extension is good, it is not bright but silky smooth and comfortable. Sound stage is wide and very detailed.

I really like the stock cable which is a newly developed 8 strand silver-plated OFC cable by Final Audio. It brings an excellent analytical power to the A5000 and its cable body is very soft and easy to handle.

Apr 9, 2023 at 3:21 AM Post #11,388 of 11,644
IMG_5977.jpg

Got the Final Audio A5000 recently, it is good value for the money. With such pricing it can deliver a high end timbre close or on par with the mid-range pricing IEMs (such as Meze Audio ADVAR, and I reckon it is just a tad behind the IE 600).

It is a warm and analytical IEM, its timbre is kind of a warm, analog sounding but I am amazed with the instrument separation and positioning. Vocal sounds solid and not peaky, treble extension is good, it is not bright but silky smooth and comfortable. Sound stage is wide and very detailed.

I really like the stock cable which is a newly developed 8 strand silver-plated OFC cable by Final Audio. It brings an excellent analytical power to the A5000 and its cable body is very soft and easy to handle.
Totally with you there, one can't really go wrong with these. I demo'ed both the A5000 and E5000 at Canjam SG 23 and really loved the sound.

Apr 13, 2023 at 8:29 PM Post #11,390 of 11,644
Sorry if this been asked already. But I listen to mostly EDM and I am split between the B3 and the A5000 both of which I can get for the same price. What's better?

Apr 14, 2023 at 2:25 AM Post #11,391 of 11,644
Sorry if this been asked already. But I listen to mostly EDM and I am split between the B3 and the A5000 both of which I can get for the same price. What's better?
For listening to EDM, I would highly recommend the A5000. B3 is superior in treble and mid but if you want a solid bass slam, A5000 is an ideal choice. A5000's new f-CORE DU dynamic driver is Final Audio's new technology which sounds more advance than their BA or BA+DD structure that they deploy in their B series IEMs. When I listened the A5000 for the first time, I was amazed of its highly transparent and dynamic sound, with such a economic pricing.

A5000 offers a traditional and coherent DD sounding, the newly developed dynamic driver also provides a high analytical sound signature and excellent, natural treble extension. I reckon its performance on the treble and soundstage is not behind the IEMs equipped with 3-4 BA drivers.

I owned a B1 a couple of years ago. By the time I purchased the B1, I was auditioning the B3 before I made the decision on my purchase between B3 and B1. I reckon B3 offers an excellent instrument separation and treble but just with a moderate bass quantity. I am leaning towards bass-head so I finally chose the B1. Why I am amazed when listening to A5000 is that it is actually an uplift on every aspects of B1 - a smooth, coherent sound signature, better treble extension and natural timbre, smooth vocal without peakiness, very good quality, deep punchy bass and excellent instrumental separation which gives an ideal depth of the soundstage (it is wide also). It is a perfect choice for the DAP with 3.5mm output as the A5000's newly developed 8 strand silver-plated OFC stock cable plays an important role to provide the high analytical sound.

Recently I upgrade the SQ of my A5000 by changing its cable with the Final Audio C106 2 pin 4.4mm which suits my setup (4.4mm output of my Walkman ZX707). The soundstage opens wider, background becomes dark, and I can listen a more transparent sounding than the stock cable. The new upgrade cable has been just burned in for 12 hours so I expect more goodies to come when it reaches to the time slot of 100 hours.

IMG_6095.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2023 at 3:34 AM Post #11,392 of 11,644
For listening to EDM, I would highly recommend the A5000. B3 is superior in treble and mid but if you want a solid bass slam, A5000 is an ideal choice. A5000's new f-CORE DU dynamic driver is Final Audio's new technology which sounds more advanced than their BA or BA+DD structure that they deploy in their B series IEMs. When I listened the A5000 for the first time, I was amazed of its highly transparent and dynamic sound, with such a economic pricing.

A5000 offers a traditional and coherent DD sounding, the newly developed dynamic driver also provides a high analytical sound signature and excellent, natural treble extension. I reckon its performance on the treble and soundstage is not behind the IEMs equipped with 3-4 BA drivers.

I owned a B1 a couple of years ago. By the time I purchased the B1, I was auditioning the B3 before I made the decision on my purchase between B3 and B1. I reckon B3 offers an excellent instrument separation and treble but just with a moderate bass quantity. I am leaning towards bass-head so I finally chose the B1. Why I am amazed when listening to A5000 is that it is actually an uplift on every aspects of B1 - a smooth, coherent sound signature, better treble extension and natural timbre, smooth vocal without peakiness, very good quality, deep punchy bass and excellent instrumental separation which gives an ideal depth of the soundstage (it is wide also). It is a perfect choice for the DAP with 3.5mm output as the A5000's newly developed 8 strand silver-plated OFC stock cable plays an important role to provide the high analytical sound.

Recently I upgrade the SQ of my A5000 by changing its cable with the Final Audio C106 2 pin 4.4mm which suits my setup (4.4mm output of my Walkman ZX707). The soundstage opens wider, background becomes dark, and I can listen a more transparent sounding than the stock cable. The new upgrade cable has been just burned in for 12 hours so I expect more goodies to come when it reaches to the time slot of 100 hours.

IMG_6095.jpg
Thank you so much for that write up. Makes me quite excited for the A5000!

Apr 14, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #11,393 of 11,644
Stay away from B3 if you listen to EDM. It’s a great IEM otherwise.

Apr 15, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #11,396 of 11,644
Do you think that tonal balance of a8000 is more bright than fibass? I love the speed and dynamics of fibass but it is a bit too bright for my taste.

A8000 is a bright IEM. There's a 5 - 6 kHz area spike, and I won't recommend this IEM for treble sensitive folk.

Apr 16, 2023 at 1:12 AM Post #11,398 of 11,644
So I got the A5000 over the B3, I really loved the look of the metal shell of the B3, but I think a 2 pin cable is more reliable. Up to this point I have been suing my KATO and I find the A5000 way more detailed and dynamic, just a huge improvement in sound quality, but I do find the KATO sound a bit fuller and the A5000 mor hollow sounding.

Apr 17, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #11,400 of 11,644
So I gotta say the A5000 is really impressive. I heard some people say these are a giant killer, I thought it was bs, but now I believe. While I don't own any giant IEMs I do own LCD2, Focal Clears, Moondrop Venus and some other headphones and I have to say I am still very impressed. Vocals and detail is incredible. Female vocals are so real, like I can hear the nuanced character of the voice. Instrument positioning and seperation are almost holographic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back