Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 25, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #10,637 of 11,686
I found a major discovery, using micropore tape to cover this vent on the E1000:
1619276768220.png

E1000 vs E1000 (micropore mod).png

E1000 (micropore mod) VS E3000.png

E1000 (micropore mod) VS E3000:

Cleaner bass on the E1000 due to it being tighter and maybe a tiny bit faster as well. Mids and treble tonality are better as well due to the overall sound being cleaner and less warm/thick. Better imaging and instrument separation due to the cleaner bass on the E1000. Similar soundstage, details and timbre (both bottlenecked on the E3000 due to the mid-bass focus causing it to have bloated bass).

Overall, the E1000 with the micropore mod is actually better than the E3000. Not only does it sound better (for my library at least), it fits better (a bit longer and bigger body) but most importantly it is easier to drive. So if you wanted an E3000 but couldn’t because of lack of power (smartphone or PC for example) then the E1000 with the micropore mod is a great alternative that’s also cheaper.

Final Audio E1000: Rank up from C (in stock) to B+ (micropore mod)

I cant take credit for this mod though, as I saw it over here:
https://iems.audiodiscourse.com/?share=E1000,E1000 (Vent Mod)

Ironically, @baskingshark just talked about the E3000 being hard to drive in the post above. Well, I found the solution to that. The E1000 with micropore tape mod. :joy:

Great mod idea. I don't have the E1000, but does doing this micropore mod to block the vent introduce driver flex?

I've tried the bass vent micropore block on other non Final Audio IEMs before, and they for sure increased the bass quantity, but sometimes bass quality gets worse. A few became more bloated with midbass bleed. Some even had driver flex introduced. I've stopped doing bass vent mods as longer term, I'm not sure if the "Backflow" of sonic pressure may damage the driver or even the eardrums, as it is sort of modifying the physics of how the shell acoustic chamber was designed in that particular IEM model.

Apr 25, 2021 at 3:44 AM Post #10,638 of 11,686
Hi Guys, I have a question...does the E1000 need to be amped to get the best performance out of it ?
Currently running it of a Yoga C930(i usually set it to volume 1, volume 2 is way too loud sometimes) and an Iphone XR
Mostly use YT and Spotify, (Music choices range from the 60,70's slow rock to current stuff)

Apr 25, 2021 at 4:44 AM Post #10,639 of 11,686
Hi Guys, I have a question...does the E1000 need to be amped to get the best performance out of it ?
Currently running it of a Yoga C930(i usually set it to volume 1, volume 2 is way too loud sometimes) and an Iphone XR
Mostly use YT and Spotify, (Music choices range from the 60,70's slow rock to current stuff)

Nope, you do not need an amp with the E1000. I felt it sounded good as it is out of most devices, even for the E2000.

Though the same cannot be said for E3000.

Apr 25, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #10,640 of 11,686
Great mod idea. I don't have the E1000, but does doing this micropore mod to block the vent introduce driver flex?

I've tried the bass vent micropore block on other non Final Audio IEMs before, and they for sure increased the bass quantity, but sometimes bass quality gets worse. A few became more bloated with midbass bleed. Some even had driver flex introduced. I've stopped doing bass vent mods as longer term, I'm not sure if the "Backflow" of sonic pressure may damage the driver or even the eardrums, as it is sort of modifying the physics of how the shell acoustic chamber was designed in that particular IEM model.
I didnt experience driver flex with it.

And yeah, the other 2 iems I have tried the micropore mod on (Tin Hifi P1 and Sony EX800ST) all got a lot worse quality in exchange for quantity (bass) which I really didnt like and just decided to use EQ instead as that was a better option.

This one responds very very good to that mod though.

Apr 26, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #10,641 of 11,686
Looky looky :)

Apr 26, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #10,642 of 11,686
Could be a really souped up A8000/DreamXLS hybrid, it looks good too. Look at that workmanship!

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #10,643 of 11,686
Looky looky :)

Been waiting for this for the past few months lol

Got delayed quite a bit.

Hopefully it’ll be released in different regions soon too.

Could be a really souped up A8000/DreamXLS hybrid, it looks good too. Look at that workmanship!

According to early impressions from the people that went to the multiple launch events Final had done in Japan. The S.K is a warmer more musical approach to the A8k but it does seem to be sharper too apparently. And due to it being more musical, the technicalities that A8k had is a bit toned down in this collab.

May 1, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #10,646 of 11,686
After 3 months of use of a4000, I think burn-in is over, having reached about 200 hrs more or less.
I can only say first impresssions are confirmed, this is an excellent iem if you want and like tight not boomy bass, clear mids and crispy and detailed highs with non grain and no harshness, followed from a huge soundstage. After burn-in I feel highs are more refined and tamed just a little bit. To my taste, it's perfect, I cannot find anything to improve.

May 1, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #10,647 of 11,686
Tried something today. Since I had the Sony Kimble Kable 8 wire OFC cable lying around, decided to take it for a spin with the A8000. Very pleasant surprise indeed! Added some subtle nuances.

Last edited:
May 1, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #10,648 of 11,686
Tried something today. Since I had the Sony Kimble Kable 8 wire OFC cable lying around, decided to take it for a spin with the A8000. Very pleasant surprise indeed! Added some subtle nuances.
I think a lot of people often forget how good the Sony Kimber cable is.

Adds great sub-bass energy, intimacy in the vocals, and treble control.

I think, the only reason why it’s not as “expensive” as other cables of the same caliber, is because it’s mass produced using machines instead of being handmade by an artisan.

May 1, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #10,649 of 11,686
I think a lot of people often forget how good the Sony Kimber cable is.

Adds great sub-bass energy, intimacy in the vocals, and treble control.

I think, the only reason why it’s not as “expensive” as other cables of the same caliber, is because it’s mass produced using machines instead of being handmade by an artisan.
Absolutely! I was looking around for a 8 wire OFC cable to give the A8000 a more mellow and intimate bent. Someone who had listened to the new SK (who also owns the A8000) suggested I try adding a good copper cable into the mix for the A8000. And he is right! The A8000 takes on a different character with the Kimble Kable. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back