Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 25, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #9,857 of 11,643
Question: How long is the US warranty for E4000/E5000? I got mine half a year ago from Amazon and am now experiencing channel imbalance. @Final Audio

Jul 25, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #9,858 of 11,643
Question: How long is the US warranty for E4000/E5000? I got mine half a year ago from Amazon and am now experiencing channel imbalance. @Final Audio

I believe the US warranty is two years on final product, certainly that’s the case with my D8000 since I had to deal with a warranty issue. Was taken care of with no problem.

Jul 25, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #9,859 of 11,643
I know this is a thread for Finals, but is there any IEM that would fit me? What is the tuning called? I think a slight V curve with bass, but not overpowering, and a clear unveiled mid range?
Neutral with bass boost?

Jul 25, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #9,860 of 11,643
is there any IEM that would fit me? What is the tuning called? I think a slight V curve with bass, but not overpowering, and a clear unveiled mid range?

I think you need something with boosted upper-mids. Try the Moondrop IEMs, esp Blessing 2. You will probably love them given your preferences described here. Final doesn't boost the upper-mids much (which I personally love about them, but of course it's a preference thing).

e3k bass' really good but mids...

I personally love the E3000 mids esp the separation and timbre, along with the vocal articulation. Can you describe what they're lacking? Is it the slight recession?

Jul 25, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #9,861 of 11,643
A praise for E4000:

The more times I hear @Vision Ears 's Erlkonig the more I fell in love with the sound of it, but I cannot afford a pair. I've been on the hunt for something less expensive but still captures the spirit of the Erlkonig (at setting #2). I find @crinacle 's graph charts a helpful tool: I look for IEMs whose FR curve matches closely with the Erlkonig's especially in the mids and bass region, and surprisingly they turn out to suit my taste greatly: neutral all-arounder, warmth in the mid-range and absolutely no treble peaks. Here's a list if anyone is interested:

1. Final E4000
2. Sony M7

End of list. FAudio Major is close, but that slight difference in the FR curve really showed in auditioning: sacrificing even the slightest warmth in the mids for subbass to improve transparency is not gonna do it for me. Erlkonig was just perfect for me. So was E4000 and M7.

Of course they are no match against TOTL in terms of imaging, soundstage, etc. but getting the tuning right (to me) is the most important aspect. My personal ranking of IEMs do not always agree with @crinacle 's (he seems to emphasize resolution and transparency a little bit more than I do), but that graph comparison tool is soooo helpful! Thank you!

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #9,862 of 11,643
Hi everybody , i am new here and i will like to share my current setup : FINAL E5000 + FIIO LC-BT2 ( i know it doesn't have enough juice to drive the E5000 that's why i also use the android app , and it has LDAC plus 24 hours of battery , i have it updated to the latest firmware 1.2 and also the latest FIIO CONTROL APP APK that i downloaded directly from the FIIO webpage ) + an app on android called GOODEV sound amplification ( on a 6% amplification ) + a ONEPLUS 8 PRO ( i know it's not a good source but with the app it sounds incredible nice ) thanks for the feedback.

Jul 26, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #9,863 of 11,643
Try this , blow the final E driver with your mout. But your lips must touching the nozle part, so it's condition becomes vacuum. Many micro DD iem's experienced this problem , the driver is flexing.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #9,864 of 11,643
I am trialing the E5000s, B3s, and E3000s. Sony N3s on the way. Source is a 35mw, 1.4ma Sony NW-A55. I need to break in the B5s... and it's underpowered for the E5000s... the E5000s need about 2ma to drive them at moderate levels. I known that, but my requirements are: 1) wired 2) nice UI (nothing Fiio or Chifi), 3) simple and all in one, no dac, dap, and power bank), 4) decent build. Sony A55 is the only player I've found with all of those requirements.

I'll give updates when the B5s are further broken in. Still, thoughts so far:

1. E5000s. Meh. Muddy. As should be expected from the source.
2. E3000s. The lower end has body and is authentic. Nice tone. Detail is lost in the upper half. Kind of ruins some of my favorite songs I'm familiar with.
3. B5s. Beautifully tone and detailed treble out of the box. Love it. However, bottom end suffers to being almost unenjoyable on many songs.

Realizations about my listening preferences:
- I thought I didn't like bright tunings. I now realize I like bright and detailed, but what I don't like is sibilance and treble canons.
- I thought I didn't need bass. I now realize I need bass, but what I didn't like was boomy bass and dark speakers.

So maybe what I want after all is a V tuned curve that I thought I hated. Trying some Beats headphones 5 or 10 years ago gave me that thought. They seemed to just have highs and lows and the entire middle was muddy.

I know this is a thread for Finals, but is there any IEM that would fit me? What is the tuning called? I think a slight V curve with bass, but not overpowering, and a clear unveiled mid range?
In the past I don't believe in burn in process for iem's/headphone. But I feels my e5000 has more open sounding and more treble quantity in the past 2-3month after owning it in total 5-7month.. but , yes it's still a dark sounding iem's with lower mids emphasize.

Maybe if it's still sounds muddy to you , this iem is not your cup of tea :D

Powering the iem's with xduoo XD-05 plus, hiby ,r3 pro and fiio m11. All have enough power to drive it. But work best on XD05 plus and m11 since it has kinda neutral/flatter tonality.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #9,866 of 11,643
I had E3000 for around 4 months after which right channel gone much quieter. Since I bought them online and at cheap price, to avoid a hassle I simply binned them. Seeing how other people had the exact same issue, I'm worried that my E5000 could end up the same.

Jul 27, 2020 at 3:09 AM Post #9,868 of 11,643
Guess I'm not the only one with channel imbalance issue.
My e3k is only ~month old and recently the right ch. sounds lower than the left.
What're the options? Return for replacement? @Final Audio

I was told by me dealer (Audio 46) to contact the US distributor (RSM Communications) directly. https://snext-final.com/en/dealers/

We'll see how it goes.

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #9,869 of 11,643
I had E3000 for around 4 months after which right channel gone much quieter. Since I bought them online and at cheap price, to avoid a hassle I simply binned them. Seeing how other people had the exact same issue, I'm worried that my E5000 could end up the same.
Probably would have been better to check with @Final Audio and see what might have caused it. My wife and I both have used the E2000 extensively and did not have any issues. With the E4000 I have even gone a lot further and intentionally exposed those to a lot of abuse as part of my "Boot Camp" review a little over a year ago. I used them for training in my gym, indoors on the bike and while running in every type of weather, including snow, freezing cold and pouring rain. The E4000 held up incredibly well and only much later did they start to get some cut outs of the MMCX connectors, which I was able to solve with a simple clean and some contact enhancer. I still use the E4000 several times a week in my gym and have not had any issues recently. So, at least in my experience, I would expect the E3000 to hold up pretty well and the E5000 certainly. Perhaps it had something to do with a certain batch, or something like that. (I honestly don't know, just trying to think along.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back