Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 30, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #9,466 of 11,644
Apr 30, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #9,467 of 11,644

Black ones, originally sold in grey stems only, are now sold only in set of grey stem + red stem for left and right.

This is just my guess, but red stem on clear type significantly affects aesthetics, (it looks like some medical equipment?) thus it is up to you to buy one more red stem set and use it for right (or for both left and right).

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #9,468 of 11,644
Out of curiosity, what is the loudest you will listen to your music before you feel it gets too loud for healthy listening? With over-ears I have a good idea what a healthy listening volume is due to them being open backed and can compare them to outside sounds. That said, with IEMs that have excellent seal I don't have a good reference what is too loud.

For example, when using Tidal (line level) and listening to my B3's that are being powered by a Chord Mojo, I usually run it so the Chord's volume is red. For those of you who have similar equipment, is this a safe volume?

Apr 30, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #9,469 of 11,644
Out of curiosity, what is the loudest you will listen to your music before you feel it gets too loud for healthy listening? With over-ears I have a good idea what a healthy listening volume is due to them being open backed and can compare them to outside sounds. That said, with IEMs that have excellent seal I don't have a good reference what is too loud.

For example, when using Tidal (line level) and listening to my B3's that are being powered by a Chord Mojo, I usually run it so the Chord's volume is red. For those of you who have similar equipment, is this a safe volume?

I have the B3's and have been powering them with the mojo and I also leave the volume around the red level on the mojo. But I also listen to music pretty loudly so I think this might be on the louder side.

Apr 30, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #9,470 of 11,644
Looking for recommendations: I am interested in the B line from Final. I’ve tested the E2000 and E3000 before, they all sound too warm for me, but I have high hope for Final anyway! I’m thinking of getting either the B1 or B3, after seeing glowing review for them. 99% of my music is Japanese songs, with all type of genres (amazarashi, Wagakki Band, RADWIMPS, Aimer,...). I prefer a mid-centric iem, love hearing the vocal as well as the space between each instrument in a song, so soundstage is quite important to me. I‘m using the Audio Technica IM02, but sometimes the vocal sounds a bit thin in some records.
Based on what I described above, will the B1 or B3 suit me better?
Is there any store in Vienna where I can try both of these? Thank you very much!

I bought both the B1 and B3 a while back to test and I think the B3 would be better suited for your music tastes. In my opinion, Final Audio tuned the B3's to better fit Japanese/asian audiophile preferences and music. The B3 excels in the mid frequencies with emphasis on vocal clarity. The sound signature of the B3's is more balanced imo than that of the B1 which has more emphasis on the low end as well as treble. The B3's low-end is more focused on speed and crisp delivery rather than amount of bass and is the least pronounced region. I don't know if I can say that the B3's have a very wide soundstage as they are not the widest I've heard in an IEM but I can say that vocal clarity and instrument separation are very good. In the end, I returned the B1's and kept the B3's since I love how balanced and clear they are. Hope this helps!

Apr 30, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #9,471 of 11,644
Does anyone have any amp/dac recommendations that pair well with the B3's, I had the chord mojo powering them but it was a little too warm for my taste. I was looking at the FiiO BTR5 since I heard it was relatively clean and measures well. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Apr 30, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #9,472 of 11,644
I have wrote an in-depth written review about Final B2 and B3 :)

B3 is the better one, while B2 is the entry-level model. B2 is thick, warm, lush, rich sounding, intimate. B3 is colder, analyical, detailed, wide. Liked both!

More info in the full review! :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/04/one-bright-and-one-thick-final-b3-and-b2.html

Final-Audio-B3-B-Series-IEMs-Earphones-HEadphones-Dynamic-BA-Balanced-Armature-MMCX-Japanese-Review-In-Depth-Audiophile-Heaven-14.jpg

Apr 30, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #9,473 of 11,644
Looking for recommendations: I am interested in the B line from Final. I’ve tested the E2000 and E3000 before, they all sound too warm for me, but I have high hope for Final anyway! I’m thinking of getting either the B1 or B3, after seeing glowing review for them. 99% of my music is Japanese songs, with all type of genres (amazarashi, Wagakki Band, RADWIMPS, Aimer,...). I prefer a mid-centric iem, love hearing the vocal as well as the space between each instrument in a song, so soundstage is quite important to me. I‘m using the Audio Technica IM02, but sometimes the vocal sounds a bit thin in some records.
Based on what I described above, will the B1 or B3 suit me better?
Is there any store in Vienna where I can try both of these? Thank you very much!
I have the IM02 also, if you feel them to be a bit thin try Radius TWF41, or buy Sony EX800ST and pull out the filter in the nozzle, they both are top tier in their midrange.

May 1, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #9,474 of 11,644
I have the IM02 also, if you feel them to be a bit thin try Radius TWF41, or buy Sony EX800ST and pull out the filter in the nozzle, they both are top tier in their midrange.
The Radius is interesting, but it is very hard to get one, let alone trying it before buying. The Sony seems uncomfortable to wear, but seems to be a good one too

May 1, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #9,475 of 11,644
yeah it's mostly Japan only, I'm lucky as there's a local distributor of it in where I reside.
Maybe if you can source the EX800ST (overseas it's named MDR 7550),its the little brother of the EX1000, same driver, just plastic housing, made for more pro use.

May 1, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #9,476 of 11,644
I have the B3's and have been powering them with the mojo and I also leave the volume around the red level on the mojo. But I also listen to music pretty loudly so I think this might be on the louder side.

I just find it really hard to figure out appropriate volume due to the isolation. I find that my B3's really come alive at Red or just slightly above, but my ears may not be happy with that.

May 1, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #9,477 of 11,644
yeah it's mostly Japan only, I'm lucky as there's a local distributor of it in where I reside.
Maybe if you can source the EX800ST (overseas it's named MDR 7550),its the little brother of the EX1000, same driver, just plastic housing, made for more pro use.
I don't think it's using liquid crystal polymer diaphragm like ex1k

May 1, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #9,479 of 11,644
I have added , f3100 to my collection and as well as the f4100 now
Any thoughts on them vs each other along with other stuff in the range? I really like the F3100 with a deep-fit (I use eartips a size smaller than I usually use to help with that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back