Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 14, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #9,376 of 11,642
A8000 are very similar signature to Sonorous VI, but are faster transient, more details, more layers.

Apr 14, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #9,377 of 11,642
Dear Final fans,
After all the necessary fine tunings I am now in love with my Sonorous VI. My source is an SP1000CC with balanced cable from Forza and modded C type pads. The sound is full, rich, vivid, energetic. Great bass and mids with sparkling highs. Very good stage as well I am so in love that it turned my head completely to Final. Meaning that I started to search for an IEM in the line up of Final cause my beloved JH Angie started to sound kind of boring compare to the Sonorous.
What do you think guys which IEM from final has the most similar character to Sonorous VI?

The VI is a winner. As to which final IEM would sound similar, my initial thought is the B1.

Apr 16, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #9,380 of 11,642
Thanks for the hint! The B1 might be a solution indeed.
I just saw you had FI-BA-SS in the past. How did you like them?

I owned the Astell&Kern AKR02 which was a custom version of the FI-BA-SS, the primary difference being the removable SPC cable. I loved it, and until the A8000 came along, it was my favorite IEM. Fantastic upper frequency response, and good bass performance for being a single BA design.

Apr 16, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #9,381 of 11,642
I received a pair of Final Audio B3s earlier this week (took advantage of Audio46's 15% off sale) and I just thought I would throw a little praise their way!
Sound quality is nicely balanced and it plays well with different sources. I currently have amped up with a Chord Mojo and it is very pleasant to listen to. My only gripe is the cable as it's fairly rigid, but that is such a minor issue in the grand scheme of things.

Apr 16, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #9,382 of 11,642
I received a pair of Final Audio B3s earlier this week (took advantage of Audio46's 15% off sale) and I just thought I would throw a little praise their way!
Sound quality is nicely balanced and it plays well with different sources. I currently have amped up with a Chord Mojo and it is very pleasant to listen to. My only gripe is the cable as it's fairly rigid, but that is such a minor issue in the grand scheme of things.

Congrats on your B3 purchase. I think you will find the cable will soften a bit the more it is used, at least mine have—I own three of them.

Apr 17, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #9,383 of 11,642
Congrats on your B3 purchase. I think you will find the cable will soften a bit the more it is used, at least mine have—I own three of them.
That is good to hear! Do you think that you need to use the ear hooks that they provide to ensure the longevity of the cable? I found that the cable hangs around my ear nicely so I don't feel the need to use the hooks, but I am worried about damaging the cable/connector from the subtle strain.

Apr 18, 2020 at 2:11 AM Post #9,385 of 11,642
That is good to hear! Do you think that you need to use the ear hooks that they provide to ensure the longevity of the cable? I found that the cable hangs around my ear nicely so I don't feel the need to use the hooks, but I am worried about damaging the cable/connector from the subtle strain.

Good question. I don’t use the hooks, because like you, I find it more comfortable without. I might recommend wiping the cable down if it gets real sweaty from exercise so the outer covering doesn’t harden or yellow (don’t know if this will happen on this cable, but I’ve seen it happen on others), and since this uses litzed conductors, there is no worry the conductors will turn green from moisture permeating the outer cover.

Apr 18, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #9,387 of 11,642
I've been using the Final E-type Clear tips since yesterday, and while it might seem that they just have a different color, in practice they also change the sound signature of Final E-series IEMs.

These definitely reduce the mid-bass bloat by a couple dB on the E5000. The sub-bass is unaffected however, so you don't lose that tremendous bass extension. Lower-mids also has less bass bleed.

I'm definitely keeping it as the stock tip from now on for the E5000. In case of E3000, however, I prefer the stock black tips. E1000 becomes even livelier in treble when paired with these without being even the least bit fatiguing.

Those who own any of the Final E-series IEMs can definitely try these Clear E-type tips to get a different flavor in the sound signature. Esp those who think that the mid-bass is a bit heavy-handed.

IMG_6912.JPG
IMG_6925.JPG

Apr 19, 2020 at 2:13 AM Post #9,389 of 11,642
This is the first time I have a Final Audio product fail on me. The right driver of the E3000 went dead after about a day of use. I'll have to work something out with the local shop to get them replaced. What a bummmer!

Apr 19, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #9,390 of 11,642
Has the driver stopped working completely?

About a month ago the right driver on mine went really quiet, probably about 10/20% volume, I used a small brush and gave it a good clean (even though it looked fine) and it came back to life - it's been working fine ever since.

I have purchased a back up pair now though, just in case...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back