Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #3,407 of 11,644
So the Pandora Hope VI finally has showed up on FAD's official Japanese store, although the page is actually still hidden: http://final-audio-design-directshop.com/final/7.1/FI-PA6BD/#

There's a detailed description of each piece of the headphone, and apparently BAM is still what they're calling the tech they're using. Shipping is supposed to start in mid-December. REALLY hoping it doesn't get delayed any longer, it would be great to get one before Christmas rolls around :D

Dec 3, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #3,408 of 11,644
  Nice! Especially considering your circumstances!!

Thanks Woodcans... 
beerchug.gif

So the Pandora Hope VI finally has showed up on FAD's official Japanese store, although the page is actually still hidden: http://final-audio-design-directshop.com/final/7.1/FI-PA6BD/#

There's a detailed description of each piece of the headphone, and apparently BAM is still what they're calling the tech they're using. Shipping is supposed to start in mid-December. REALLY hoping it doesn't get delayed any longer, it would be great to get one before Christmas rolls around :D

Thanks for sharing.
Pretty interesting to see how it performs. 
popcorn.gif

Dec 4, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #3,411 of 11,644

Dec 4, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #3,412 of 11,644
Dec 4, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #3,413 of 11,644
Two main differences from the prototype: detachable cables and the box is now lined with some kind of faux black fur.

Dec 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #3,415 of 11,644
And the sound....?

First impressions: very much like fibass. Extended & bright trebles. Hard hitting bass when called for. Clear mids. Great details.

Dec 4, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #3,416 of 11,644
Would you say the bass is loose at all?

Unboxing video:

DAT BOX THO

Dec 4, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #3,417 of 11,644
Dec 4, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #3,418 of 11,644
That's great news, seems like the bass on the prototype that autumnholy listened to has been fixed for the production version. Now I have no reservations on ordering one, just waiting for it to appear on Amazon Jp.

Dec 4, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #3,419 of 11,644
That's great news, seems like the bass on the prototype that autumnholy listened to has been fixed for the production version. Now I have no reservations on ordering one, just waiting for it to appear on Amazon Jp.

What I will say, and a few others who have tried it yesterday in Singapore, is that it is discernibly improved from the prototype we listened to at the Mook Festival a few months back. Now I can't wait to hear what Takai-San has done with the Pandora VIII, the prototype of which was already discernibly better than the Pandora VI. :)

Dec 4, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #3,420 of 11,644
That's interesting, I've read in several coverage reports on this year's CanJam that the prototype Pandora VIII's sound was actually lacking compared to the Pandora Hope VI, obviously due to it being an early prototype. What sources said that the VIII was better? Or if you've heard both for yourself, could you say in more detail what was better about the VIII?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back