Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 9, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #9,181 of 11,644
Just skip a few and jump to the A8000 And be done with your search.
Yeah... not gonna get an iem over 1000 usd anytime soon...due to me being a student and I rather have multiple iems with different sounds that all are much better value/price.

Feb 9, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #9,182 of 11,644
Hi, I been interested in Final Audio iems ( mostly due to the Final type E tips) and can anyone tell me if they are comparable (better or worse) than some of my other Chi-fi iems?

Looking at the Final E500, E1000, E2000 and the E3000.

Thanks in advance.

None of the chi-fi IEMs in your signature would have a (sound) signature similar to the Final IEMs IMO. The closest would probably be the VE Monk IE, but even that sounds darker than, say, the E1000. As I've said in another thread, E1000 would be a really good option in the budget segment and has a signature/tuning that you usually don't find apart from the upper-tier stuff. Very pleasing tonality and a fatigue-free listen (though all Final E series are fatigue-free listens).

Feb 9, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #9,183 of 11,644
None of the chi-fi IEMs in your signature would have a (sound) signature similar to the Final IEMs IMO. The closest would probably be the VE Monk IE, but even that sounds darker than, say, the E1000. As I've said in another thread, E1000 would be a really good option in the budget segment and has a signature/tuning that you usually don't find apart from the upper-tier stuff. Very pleasing tonality and a fatigue-free listen (though all Final E series are fatigue-free listens).
Thanks, would the E3000 be a better pick since the Moondrop Spaceship seem to have a similar sound to the E1000? ( Spaceship is on the way havent listened to it yet and I am worrying about its bass and the E1000 seems to have even lower bass than the Spaceship)

graph (4).png

Feb 9, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #9,184 of 11,644
Well, I did a quick comparison between the Spaceship and E1000 (had both in hand). Frankly the bass is not as drastically different as it seems on the graph. The Spaceship has a bit more rumble with deeper insertion but the E1000 has a more linear bass-to-mids transition and that smoothness is something that's lacking on the Spaceship. Overall sound is also noticeably better on the E1000 with better detail retrieval and imaging/instrument separation.

I tested both of them with the E-type tips btw. So if you want even more thumpy bass maybe the E3000 will be a better pick, but I believe you already got IEMs with better bass the E3000 in your collection so the E1000 would be something different overall.
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #9,185 of 11,644
Well, I did a quick comparison between the Spaceship and E1000 (had both in hand). Frankly the bass is not as drastically different as it seems on the graph. The Spaceship has a bit more rumble with deeper insertion but the E1000 has a more linear bass-to-mids transition and that smoothness is something that's lacking on the Spaceship. Overall sound is also noticeably better on the E1000 with better detail retrieval and imaging/instrument separation.

I tested both of them with the E-type tips btw. So if you want even more thumpy bass maybe the E3000 will be a better pick, but I believe you already got IEMs with better bass the E3000 in your collection so the E1000 would be something different overall.
Untitled.jpg
Thanks for the comparison, gonna get the e1000 now only to decide which Amazon I'm gonna get it from (and maybe the shozy form 1.1 at the same time as well).

Feb 10, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #9,187 of 11,644
The E1000 can sometimes sound a little harsh for me. I swapped the stock tips with SpinFit CP500 tips and they sound smoother now, plus I can better crank up the volume without much sibilance issue YMMV. I’ve saved up those stock Type E tips for my higher-end iems hahaha :ksc75smile:

Feb 10, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #9,188 of 11,644
The E1000 can sometimes sound a little harsh for me. I swapped the stock tips with SpinFit CP500 tips and they sound smoother now, plus I can better crank up the volume without much sibilance issue YMMV. I’ve saved up those stock Type E tips for my higher-end iems hahaha :ksc75smile:
Thats my plan too, using the Type E for other iems lol.

Feb 10, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #9,189 of 11,644
Stock tips or not, E1000 is great, especially for the low price. Its tuning and sound quality can even rival much more expensive iems. A decent one too for normal use when out or for things like exercising, traveling, etc.

Feb 11, 2020 at 7:52 AM Post #9,190 of 11,644
Stock tips or not, E1000 is great, especially for the low price. Its tuning and sound quality can even rival much more expensive iems. A decent one too for normal use when out or for things like exercising, traveling, etc.
Thank you very much for your compliment. :) We have decided to make E1000 in the first place because when we released E2000 and E3000 in Japan, some high school students have feedback to us that they are still too expensive for a student, so we have decided to bring a plastic version so that more people can enjoy good sound.

We are now working on bringing an even cheaper version E500 to the Western market now. However, the sound is designed for binaural recording which is good for music of course, but also good for VR gaming for better reality perception. Hope you guys could experience it as soon as possible.

Feb 11, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #9,192 of 11,644
Hello Final fans and friends, thank you very much for your continuous support and love given to our products. We deeply appreciate all of your kind words, they indeed has motivated us so much in making even better products for the community.

We are so sorry for not being able to share every moment and piece of information with you guys in the past due to a lot of the limitations on our side.

Start from this month, we will be trying to getting more involvement into this community. However, this is new to us and our time and resources are still very limited, but we will try our best to keep an eye on providing support that we can. Thank you!

This weekend, we will be joining CanJam NYC together with our new flagship IEM, A8000 which features single Truly Pure Beryllium Dynamic Driver and also our recent released Planar Magnatic D8000 Pro Edition. If you are joining, please do pass by and have a look or meet up!

A very simple introduction thread for the Final A8000. Enjoy!
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/int...g-truly-pure-beryllium-dynamic-driver.925215/

Feb 11, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #9,193 of 11,644
Hello Final fans and friends, thank you very much for your continuous support and love given to our products. We deeply appreciate all of your kind words, they indeed has motivated us so much in making even better products for the community.

We are so sorry for not being able to share every moment and piece of information with you guys in the past due to a lot of the limitations on our side.

Start from this month, we will be trying to getting more involvement into this community. However, this is new to us and our time and resources are still very limited, but we will try our best to keep an eye on providing support that we can. Thank you!

This weekend, we will be joining CanJam NYC together with our new flagship IEM, A8000 which features single Truly Pure Beryllium Dynamic Driver and also our recent released Planar Magnatic D8000 Pro Edition. If you are joining, please do pass by and have a look or meet up!

A very simple introduction thread for the Final A8000. Enjoy!
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/int...g-truly-pure-beryllium-dynamic-driver.925215/
Very nice to see more of Final here on head-fi, your presence has been missed. :)

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #9,194 of 11,644
Final Audio show new prototype entry level model serie A. I very curious about this model, because sound signature probably is similar to A8000 and 2pin cable nice.

EP1hWrtU0AAqwdm

Feb 13, 2020 at 12:10 AM Post #9,195 of 11,644
Final Audio show new prototype entry level model serie A. I very curious about this model, because sound signature probably is similar to A8000 and 2pin cable nice.

EP1hWrtU0AAqwdm
Wow my friend, you do have very quick information from our Japanese twitter or media!
It is just a prototype, we still do not have an actual name or actual series for it yet. As you can see, we are using the shape of Make series to play around. This prototype was shown in Portable Laboratory hosted by Fujiya Avic last Saturday.
Because it is Portable Laboratory, we think that bringing out some prototype might be quite fun and interesting.

So far we still cannot do any real promise onto it, but we honestly hope that it can be actually materialized. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back