Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 19, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #8,626 of 11,654
My E1000 came in today, So Far I'm really enjoying it. Especially for Around $30

My Question is... Will there be a noticeable / Audible changes to Sound after some Burn-In time?
I have the E1000 since 3 months. I commut with them 5 days a week. They sound exactly the same as 3 months ago, meaning very good out of the smartphone, especially at USD 30.-.

Last edited:
May 19, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #8,627 of 11,654
do the e5000 goes well with lofi ?
They need power to shine. An amp is needed most of the time. So, a smartphone as a source will not be sufficient.

May 19, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #8,629 of 11,654
is the fiio a3 good enough ?
I have FiiO A5, which drives almost everything, full sized headphones included. If you already own the A3, it will be sufficient, I am pretty sure. If you have to buy an amp, take the A5. The difference in price is not that big.

May 19, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #8,630 of 11,654
81B7558D-7270-45E3-B017-5F1DACA93CE7.jpeg

Thanks to Claire at Jaben SG for making it possible. Thus far, I totally agree with @jwbrent : awesome pair of headphones!

May 19, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #8,631 of 11,654

Thanks to Claire at Jaben SG for making it possible. Thus far, I totally agree with @jwbrent : awesome pair of headphones!

Congrats! They get even better with some time on them. I would strongly recommend the final Silver cables, well worth the money in my view.

May 19, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #8,632 of 11,654
Congrats! They get even better with some time on them. I would strongly recommend the final Silver cables, well worth the money in my view.
Thanks for the tip! Do these come balanced?

May 19, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #8,633 of 11,654
Thanks for the tip! Do these come balanced?

Yes, either 2.5mm, 4.4mm, or 4 pin XLR, but they have to be special ordered, at least in the US. I have a 2.5mm coming to me in a few weeks. I already bought a regularly stocked 3.5mm TRS about a month ago.

I wrote a review on this cable here ...

May 20, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #8,634 of 11,654
Yes, either 2.5mm, 4.4mm, or 4 pin XLR, but they have to be special ordered, at least in the US. I have a 2.5mm coming to me in a few weeks. I already bought a regularly stocked 3.5mm TRS about a month ago.

I wrote a review on this cable here ...

Thanks! Checking out the price and availability of the 4 pin XLR 3 m cables.

May 25, 2019 at 12:19 AM Post #8,636 of 11,654
Have been enjoying my pair of E5000s since I picked them up last year, but have noticed some channel imbalance for the last few months (left side is louder). I'm usually tolerant with slight imbalances in earphones (and have confirmed that it's the earphones and not my ears), but it's quite noticeable especially in lower frequencies. Brought it to the authorized dealer in my country (Hong Kong), and after testing it they acknowledged a few difference in the earphones, but blew me off and said that they won't do anything about it and just said it needs more burn in. Anyone encounter the same issue? Have emailed FInal in Japan but haven't heard anything back. Does channel imbalance really improve with burn in? I've put at least 4-500 hours on them since I got them in November, so whatever burn in should be done already, I would assume.

May 26, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #8,639 of 11,654
Almost all dynamic driver headphones I've heard end up sounding a bit like the physical material the driver is made from. Even the nice ones carry some of those properties into their sonic profile. I mean, it's never really fatal flaw with most decent cans, more just something that's inherent to the technology that the engineers have to factor into their designs. Or in some cases, it's a feature that smooths out more etched sources, like with the TH-X00 series or the Meze 99. But if you asked me what the E5000's driver is made from, based on how it sounds, I couldn't say. They've done an excellent job of putting the music first, and when I switch sources, it's really easy to pick up the different qualities between such as DAC technologies like D-S vs R-2R, or or even just the implementation qualities between various pieces of gear.

Last edited:
May 26, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #8,640 of 11,654
I just downloaded some Doom Metal today (i was into electronic music the last couple of weeks), i tried all my in ears to see the best performer at that particular type of music, the E5000 won by a mile, the reproduction of the deep guitar tones is dramatic and powerful, the other very important thing is that they can keep up with fast bass lines with a big impact at high volumes, amazing, and i was selling them at one point, stupid me

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back