Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 18, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #6,001 of 11,654
Where does it claim that it's FAD? I don't see it. Besides, there are many respectable Chinese IEMs, so disparaging all Chinese made audio products as 'cheap' is uncalled for.

Dude, with all honesty, I think he was referring to this post. Also, I don't think he meant all Chinese made audio products are cheap. The imitation sold here is really a fraction of the original price, hence "cheap".

Is this a real Forte x??? At $260???

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Gold-Color-For-Final-Audio-Design-Piano-Forte-X-G-In-ear-Hifi-Earphone-Headset/2035594346.html?

Feb 18, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #6,002 of 11,654
Dude, with all honesty, I think he was referring to this post. Also, I don't think he meant all Chinese made audio products are cheap. The imitation sold here is really a fraction of the original price, hence "cheap".

Fair enough, then he should quote the original post to avoid confusion, otherwise people are going to presume he's talking about the last pertinent post.

And since I got my genuine Heaven VII for $260, and the recent Massdrop for FIBASS was for $550, we know that FAD's high price is mostly due to fat margin. It's not like their production cost is anywhere close to the retail price.

Feb 18, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #6,003 of 11,654
Production costs aren't the only factor going into pricing and retail. Supply and demand, r&d and a whole host of other factors are considered, and if you judge by production cost 99% of audiophile products are grossly overpriced.

Feb 19, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #6,006 of 11,654
Fair enough, then he should quote the original post to avoid confusion, otherwise people are going to presume he's talking about the last pertinent post.

And since I got my genuine Heaven VII for $260, and the recent Massdrop for FIBASS was for $550, we know that FAD's high price is mostly due to fat margin. It's not like their production cost is anywhere close to the retail price.

So how do you like to sound of these?

Feb 20, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #6,011 of 11,654
i have tried neither of these...but willing to try....

any particular model number or just sizes like s,m,l?

what do they do different than the Spinfits?

by the way, i do experience the slow sliding out of my ears when using these!

Feb 20, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #6,012 of 11,654
Spiral Dots stay better in my ears. For me surface of the SpinFits was too slippery so I did not achieve seal,
The SpiralDots are spot on! They even have sizes between (S, SM, M, ML, L) - well at least in Japan.
Here in Singapore they only sell Size M which luckily works fien for me.

Funny thing is that SpinFits worked good for me when I used them on the ATH-IM50.

Feb 20, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #6,013 of 11,654
I think i am going to try each of these....i definitely get tired of the slipping...i have to re-adjust about once a minute at the gym....

they're fine when i am sitting still...

also hoping these reduce some of the higher frequency detail....i hear a good balance in the Heaven V but

the details in the Heaven VIII are a little distracting when trying to listen to the overall song.

Feb 20, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #6,014 of 11,654
I ditched the stock tips (well, put them back in the box). They're alright, but not very comfortable. May slide out over time.

Tried and gave up on SpinFits. Pretty to look at, but bad seal causes bass loss. Also, if I insert them too deep, they bend too much and get pinched, causing sound to be muffled.

I like Comply. Very comfortable but they seem flimsy so I handle them gingerly. Very expensive for something that looks like they're going to tear up at any time. Great seal if you have the patience to push them way in and wait a few seconds for the foam to expand and fill up your ear canal.

Sony hybrids are great too. They have both foam and silicone, resulting in comfort and durability - best of both world I guess. I get excellent seal using Sony hybrids on my H7.

At this point, it is a toss up between Comply and Sony hybrid for me. Being in the U.S., Comply is more accessible for me, so I may end up using them more. All that Amazon JP/Rakuten/Tenso maneuver gets old after a while.

I read about the JVC. I may try them in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back