Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 11, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #5,701 of 11,686
My forte X-CC arrived and it is new stock with new packaging ect.

Will post some pics later
biggrin.gif

Nice! My two H7s and Adagio III have the old logo and name. Frankly, I prefer the older, italic "final" etched to each of the phones. Are you saying your new PF has the newer styled "final" etched on each earpiece?

Jun 11, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #5,702 of 11,686

Nice! My two H7s and Adagio III have the old logo and name. Frankly, I prefer the older, italic "final" etched to each of the phones. Are you saying your new PF has the newer styled "final" etched on each earpiece?

Just the packaging is different and has the old style metal box

Jun 11, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #5,703 of 11,686
My forte X-CC arrived and it is new stock with new packaging ect.

Will post some pics later
biggrin.gif

The old style packaging was:

My one that arrives is below

Sounds just a nice as when I had one before - expansive/immersive and very unique

Jun 11, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #5,705 of 11,686
I tried the T-200 before. A non-impressive experience. The InAirs 1 in L-Size are way better!

I'll keep those in mind, just in case I stop enjoying the TX-200's :wink:. For me they're still a good upgrade

Jun 11, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #5,706 of 11,686

The old style packaging was:

My one that arrives is below

I really do enjoy FAD's presentation aspect quite a bit. It's always a little kooky/kitschy but I appreciate that sort of goofy playfulness in the all too serious audiophile world - or maybe it's just that they lack any sort of self awareness - my point remains the same 

Jun 12, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #5,707 of 11,686

Dear Peareye,
thank you for your comment regarding Heaven V Sound Signature.
Please note, that Yamada san is not final stuff but used to work for final as one of our distributors in Japan (not anymore).
His comment on the mentioned Video is unfortunately incorrect.
You know, there are always comments about products which are not fully correct. As the French say: c'est la vie; and we have to live with this!
We are in a world of communication and transparancy, that is the beauty of the world wide web.
But I thank you very much for your kind comment.
Very best regards from final Europe - Christoph

Jun 12, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #5,708 of 11,686

Dear Peareye,
thank you for your comment regarding Heaven V Sound Signature.
Please note, that Yamada san is not final stuff but used to work for final as one of our distributors in Japan (not anymore).
His comment on the mentioned Video is unfortunately incorrect.
You know, there are always comments about products which are not fully correct. As the French say: c'est la vie; and we have to live with this!
We are in a world of communication and transparancy, that is the beauty of the world wide web.
But I thank you very much for your kind comment.
Very best regards from final Europe - Christoph

That was Rovopio! Not me! 

Jun 13, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #5,709 of 11,686
Just a heads up for all, If you are in U.S. at least, buying Final audio products from Amazon market place may be counterfeit from what i am being told and are not covered under warrantee. I was given a link to the only part of Amazon(Amazon itself) that is covered for warrantee and is authentic. Don't want anyone to get burned. 
blink.gif

Straight from Amazon itself is okay though, here is the link i have.

http://www.amazon.com/b?node=11616482011

This was an issue when the Audio techneca esw9 originally came around and the market was flooded with counterfeits, it was a total bummer because even buying used from head-fiers was a problem. Sound was discussed and the counterfeit items didn't measure up so people didn't get the quality control or what one another was hearing. Luckily it hasn't happened with other AT items recently but seems there have been problems with Final and knockoffs i guess.

Hope that is helpful info for those in U.S. looking.

Jun 13, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #5,710 of 11,686
Just a heads up for all, If you are in U.S. at least, buying Final audio products from Amazon market place may be counterfeit from what i am being told and are not covered under warrantee. I was given a link to the only part of Amazon(Amazon itself) that is covered for warrantee and is authentic. Don't want anyone to get burned. :blink:  

Straight from Amazon itself is okay though, here is the link i have.

http://www.amazon.com/b?node=11616482011

This was an issue when the Audio techneca esw9 originally came around and the market was flooded with counterfeits, it was a total bummer because even buying used from head-fiers was a problem. Sound was discussed and the counterfeit items didn't measure up so people didn't get the quality control or what one another was hearing. Luckily it hasn't happened with other AT items recently but seems there have been problems with Final and knockoffs i guess.

Hope that is helpful info for those in U.S. looking.

$99 for the A3 seems a little excessive. I thought its MSRP is more like $65?

Jun 13, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #5,711 of 11,686
$99 for the A3 seems a little excessive. I thought its MSRP is more like $65?

Have no idea. I assume they are probably MSRP.

Like anything else, if you buy ebay or a third party(now Amazon marketplace) for any products you risk counterfeit or warranty problems. Guess it's up to the comfort level of the buyer. Touch of Modern deal was authentic and under warranty from what i have read. Just assume that the Amazon market place is risky and not covered under warranty from what i was told when checking. For me not worth it, your mileage may vary…….however at Canjam i was told that there have been a lot of cases where products were sent back for warrantee service that were not authentic so, well be wary. 

Jun 13, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #5,712 of 11,686

Like anything else, if you buy ebay or a third party(now Amazon marketplace) for any products you risk counterfeit or warranty problems. Guess it's up to the comfort level of the buyer. Touch of Modern deal was authentic and under warranty from what i have read. Just assume that the Amazon market place is risky and not covered under warranty from what i was told when checking. For me not worth it, your mileage may vary…….however at Canjam i was told that there have been a lot of cases where products were sent back for warrantee service that were not authentic so, well be wary. 

I think the knockoffs is from China. I saw knockoffs of Piano Forte series on the internet. I can't remember for sure whether I've seen the Heaven series (VII and VIII) knockoffs or not.

Jun 13, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #5,713 of 11,686

Got my A3 for $23 from Touch of Modern, so no complains from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back