Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 6, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #3,091 of 11,644
Which is more forgiving on bad rec/mastering? The Kaedes (my reference) or the Piano Fortes (IX, X)?

This particular review caught my eye:
.How do I put this into words? These present vocals in the most euphoric way possible. They are so rich, meaningful and they can really reach out and touch you. Yes they are very forward but they are not shouty, thin, and wrong sounding. They have great body and great tone, so natural with a special little bit of their own unique taste to them. The entire mid-range also has some of the best resolution and detail retrieval I have ever heard, maybe the best from something that goes in your ear. There is a lot of special going on in the midrange and mostly from the vocals. The timbre is far from bad but it does sometimes lack aggression and impact and some instruments have clearly more presence. The way I would describe the timbre is very airy, smooth and light. However if you’re someone who values midrange a lot, listens to a lot of mid centric music and want the vocals to truly display emotion then these will be all you will ever need in your life.

If they can bring out the vocals and fade out everything else, I might be seriously considering these.

Sep 6, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #3,093 of 11,644
Eve,

If possible try PF X-G because it is the best In PF series.

It's no joke the mid is to die for, the bass is better than PF IX and the sound stage is slightly wider.

IMHO. YMMV.

Which is more forgiving on bad rec/mastering? The Kaedes (my reference) or the Piano Fortes (IX, X)?

This particular review caught my eye:
If they can bring out the vocals and fade out everything else, I might be seriously considering these.

Sep 6, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #3,097 of 11,644
Tera Player methinks. As I said before, I would highly recommend finding a way to demo a PF before taking the plunge. I don't imagine they're easy to resell due to their rather esoteric nature, and that goes for fit/appreciation as well. When the PF is on though, it often feels like nothing can touch them, but when they're off, it's pretty bewildering. They have a fairly limited range of applicability in that sense, so something like a 334/Parterre would probably make more sense as a main phone, with the PF servin as a companion for side excursions

Sep 6, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #3,098 of 11,644
Eve,

If possible try PF X-G because it is the best In PF series.

It's no joke the mid is to die for, the bass is better than PF IX and the sound stage is slightly wider.

IMHO. YMMV.

Oh, and the G and the CC versions should sound the same right? Or similar enough?

Sep 12, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #3,105 of 11,644

Users who are viewing this thread

Back