Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Nov 18, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #4,351 of 4,965
Back in the club after being 2 years without it. Couldn’t resist when a friend wanted to sell his…and yes, no endless amp or cable debates.

Nov 18, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #4,352 of 4,965
How to describe D8000...in short, the best way is that they play with Authority!!

And...luckily, I don't have those magnet-rattling issues :)

Just listening to Depeche Mode remixes 81-04 ... A+ to D8000 :)
They absolutely do play with authority. What I really admire most about the D-8000 is its ease to play and bond with any musical genre. The D-8000 is like a musical chameleon. It can adapt to any style or mood of music and do a pretty damn good job of it.
Since owning the D-8000 I’ve certainly fallen more into the music because of the versatility this headphone allows and gives me. For instance. When I skim through my music library I don’t get stuck or say “ man I do feel like listening to that album but it just doesn’t quite work well with that headphone. “ NEVER do I have this problem. This has allowed me to enjoy my collection further. I think it is worth its price tag alone for playing any kind of music with quality and with a ton of detail. Hard to come by for sure. ✌️

Nov 18, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #4,353 of 4,965
I love how the D8000 thread is just peace and people enjoying their headphones. Most of us have sold most of our gear to just enjoy music.

Meanwhile Susvara, 1266 is just people fighting over their next cable or Amp "upgrade" 🤣
Absolutely. I can definitely understand that. The D-8000 have a remarkable tuning style to them and once you get a good system that meshes well and brings out the full character of the headphone it is hard to turn your back on them.
I definitely vote the original D-8000 as my ‘king of the hill’ sort of speak. 😎
The headphone gets into some freak territory with me, but it definitely agrees with my tastes, especially with its bass and detail reproduction.

Nov 18, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #4,354 of 4,965
The General at the foot of the hill…

Attachments

• IMG_7177.jpeg
    IMG_7177.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Nov 18, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #4,355 of 4,965
I made it myself. Noone is making cables with proper D8000 plugs and that's really what I wanted. I don't believe in cables so I can't speak about that matter.

I will be making another one with silver accents for the D8000pro before selling it. Waiting for some cable sleeve and plugs to tryout some variations.
DHC makes a great Cable that i sperfect for the D8000: The Chimara.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-11-18 à 10.26.09.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-11-18 à 10.26.09.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Nov 20, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #4,356 of 4,965
I think this is just how your head works. You ear have some kind of resonnance with the Final. Happened to me on the HD650 that made it very very fatiguing (under 30 min) for no apparent reason I could tie to the frequency response. On the opposite, the Arya v2 is fine, even though people call it bright and sharp.

I added some bass boost (ifi xBass) yesterday for my listening session. I really love that headphone, it is something very special. I hope this technologie will improve and get to reach under 2k headphones one day

Thank you. After multiple tries with various gears it seems that I couldn't deal with the 7k peak. It's funny because I don't have problem with this area in other headphones that lean bright like Sus, Utopia or even Caldera with its forward and spicy midrange. Actually now that I remember I also had a really hard time with HD800 family with their 7k peak, I suppose I'm just extra sensitive with resonance in that area...

Nov 20, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #4,357 of 4,965
Thank you. After multiple tries with various gears it seems that I couldn't deal with the 7k peak. It's funny because I don't have problem with this area in other headphones that lean bright like Sus, Utopia or even Caldera with its forward and spicy midrange. Actually now that I remember I also had a really hard time with HD800 family with their 7k peak, I suppose I'm just extra sensitive with resonance in that area...
It do differs from person to another person ( i know someone that can't stand Empyrean treble ), yours are sensitive on that certain region.

After trying it multiple times with various amps both SS and Tubes ( Feliks Envy, EC Balancing Act, Bakoon PRE7610Mk3, Cen.Grand Silver Fox, etc ) i do feel the peak persits so if someone quite sensitive on that certain region there's nothing you can do about it. At first i don't mind that much but after trying it again and again i do feel it's quite bothering for longer session listening

Nov 21, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #4,359 of 4,965
Do you recommend guys save money to find D8000LE or just buy a new pair D8000 it's great headphone
D8000 and D8000pro are different headphones. The D8000pro LE is the D8000pro with a different color and pads. You can buy the LE pads separatly if you are on a "budget". The LE is so beautifull, since I decided it would be my endagame, I bought it to replace the D8000pro. I will be selling the D8000pro as soon as it come back from Final, but the added cost is not worth it if you only want to pay for performance

Nov 21, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #4,361 of 4,965

Users who are viewing this thread

Back