Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 14, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #3,797 of 4,852
Ok, i do the phone call to my distributor on monday. You got me with this one. I test try to remove the pads yesterday, its not so hard after all after watching the youtobe movie. They gonna be off with ease, the harderst part gonna be install the new one but also nothing too hard i think. All right, now i just must to tell myself: its just 80 bucks for two little pillows, but its ok :wink:
Yeah, 80 bucks in nuts. But if the G pads improve the sound of your already good-sounding D8000, it'll be the best 80 bucks you ever spent...

And there are other pad options. See link below to my recent post suggesting a Brainwavz pad. One of my many "to-do" items is to try these pads on my D8K. Brainwavz pads are very reasonably priced and excellent quality (I've had 4 or 5 of their pads in the past).

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fin...netic-headphone.845567/page-249#post-17550432

Last edited:
May 14, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #3,798 of 4,852
interestingly do not find g pads improving sound on original D8000 apart bass region & comfort compared to stock F pads. Yes G pads are thicker and hugs your head better, but midrange/treble feels slightly more distant.

It's basically a trade-off and just shows that people have different views of what sound is taken as "better" . In short:

Stock F pads - > If you want more neutral, slightly clearer presentation (D8000 does not lack any bass in it's stock form)
G pads -> If you want warmer sound it will push bass to become even bigger star of the show.

I swap them from time to time depending on my mood, G pads for some background listening or when I want more fun with bass, F pads more critical listening sessions

May 14, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #3,799 of 4,852
Then G pads are defiently for me. Low end as a star of the show is what i want. Now im sure i buying them.

May 14, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #3,800 of 4,852
In my younger days I was a basshead too, but with age I tend to focus on other things more. Guess music genres dictates that as well

May 14, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #3,801 of 4,852
Then G pads are defiently for me. Low end as a star of the show is what i want. Now im sure i buying them.
I bought mine in "noir-et-blanc", 110€ tax + shipping included, they ship from Belgium, cheapest place where I found the "G" pads to Spain

May 14, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #3,802 of 4,852
I bought mine in "noir-et-blanc", 110€ tax + shipping included, they ship from Belgium, cheapest place where I found the "G" pads to Spain
I can buy mine for 390zł which something like 83 euro now. From Polish offical distributor.

May 14, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #3,805 of 4,852
A worth investment considering how much we spend on HP's. If I had to choose one i would definitely stick with stock "F" pads, but it's nice to have an option to change flavour when in a different mood. Not an easy swap like with focal which is instantaneous, but after few tries it takes no longer than few minutes to do it for me

May 14, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #3,806 of 4,852
D8000 OG bass is quite elevated, Pro and Pro LE bass is better.

Haven't heard LE, but quality wise Pro bass is slightly tighter, though D8000 OG bass is bigger and evolves around your head when it kicks especially with G pads. "Better" here is not on the scale of large differences between OG & Pro versions. Meanwhile taking something like Utopia, it simply can't compete against D8000 OG in bass department

May 14, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #3,807 of 4,852
Haven't heard LE, but quality wise Pro bass is slightly tighter, though D8000 OG bass is bigger and evolves around your head when it kicks especially with G pads. "Better" here is not on the scale of large differences between OG & Pro versions. Meanwhile taking something like Utopia, it simply can't compete against D8000 OG in bass department
For me there is no something like bigger or too big bass, it always too tin bassically. My scale have two degrees - enough and not enough :wink: I have ears like my father, he was hearing great upper registry but he was almost deaf on lower frequencies. I feel good when the low end almost crush me, otherwise i dont feel music and dont feel emotions when i listen. Just very strange ears maybe. I must have that physical punch all the time and upper mindrange/treable little bit recessed, muted. Only that i feel happy when i listen, so is the matter of live and death :wink:

May 14, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #3,808 of 4,852
All right, the pads are moving in my direction propably tomorrow so that was a quick draw. Nice lady write to me and answer my questions. I do quick money transfer before a moment, and now i wait. I think in tuesday they are gonna be mine :D

May 14, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #3,809 of 4,852
For me there is no something like bigger or too big bass, it always too tin bassically. My scale have two degrees - enough and not enough :wink: I have ears like my father, he was hearing great upper registry but he was almost deaf on lower frequencies. I feel good when the low end almost crush me, otherwise i dont feel music and dont feel emotions when i listen. Just very strange ears maybe. I must have that physical punch all the time and upper mindrange/treable little bit recessed, muted. Only that i feel happy when i listen, so is the matter of live and death :wink:

Your sensitivity to treble will decrease with your age, especially if you enjoy louder volumes. I hope I won't need Grados when I reach 50's to hear all the details lol

May 14, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #3,810 of 4,852
Sorry I can't believe you don't feel music or emotions when you listen

Listen to this and report back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back