Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 11, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #542 of 4,889
Hi all,

Im looking for my D8000 a balanced xlr 4 pin cable.

Could you share a "reasonnable" manufacturer that ship to Europe ?

Cheers,

Vincent

final also makes a silver OFC upgrade cable which is definitely worth the cost, in my view. It comes in a balanced XLR version.

May 11, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #545 of 4,889
Thanks,

Ive contacted over email several times final Aufdio but never get any answer on how to purchase these cables so I gave up...

Cheers

Vincent

You will have to contact a local distributor, I’d imagine. Not knowing what country you’re in, you can also try contacting Audio46.com and see if they can ship to you.

Anyways, the D8000 is worthy of the effort, I’ve never been so entranced by a headphone before, and my Utopia is starting to get jealous. :smile:

May 11, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #546 of 4,889
You will have to contact a local distributor, I’d imagine. Not knowing what country you’re in, you can also try contacting Audio46.com and see if they can ship to you.

Anyways, the D8000 is worthy of the effort, I’ve never been so entranced by a headphone before, and my Utopia is starting to get jealous. :smile:

I'll try again for the xlr cable with my D8000 reseller... I agree that the D8000 is magic : it replaced my grado PS1000 that I used 5 years and I really loved it : but the D8000 is as easy to drive but gives more details / 3d

Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #549 of 4,889
Ok, I have the LCD-4 and am considering a purchase of the Final..I like the terms 'more musical' than the LCD-4..while I do enjoy the LCD, I think I am leaning more towards the fun/musical rather than analytical and like the mentions of the strong bass. For those of you who own the Final, is it a worth while purchase from the LCD-4? I have had a lot of other high end cans, and while I do like biocellulose drivers like the TH900mk2, I found them way too sibilant (to me at least)..and over the last few years have come to love the sound of planars..so this this Final sounds like a a perfect combo for me, planar sound with a little more...'punch'. Worth the purchase, will it be a noticeable change?

May 15, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #550 of 4,889
Ok, I have the LCD-4 and am considering a purchase of the Final..I like the terms 'more musical' than the LCD-4..while I do enjoy the LCD, I think I am leaning more towards the fun/musical rather than analytical and like the mentions of the strong bass. For those of you who own the Final, is it a worth while purchase from the LCD-4? I have had a lot of other high end cans, and while I do like biocellulose drivers like the TH900mk2, I found them way too sibilant (to me at least)..and over the last few years have come to love the sound of planars..so this this Final sounds like a a perfect combo for me, planar sound with a little more...'punch'. Worth the purchase, will it be a noticeable change?
Traded my LCD 4 for the D8000, absolutely no regrets, imaging is perfect and every instrument is in its place. Sound stage I think is bigger or maybe it feels bigger because of the imaging and clarity. In complex choir singing you can pick out every voice. The bass is like a sub on your head but it absolutely does not muddy anything up. I’m running them off of my THX 788 I am curious to see how they sound on a woo audio WA7 Or 8 though. I’ve tried many cans and these are my absolute favorite.

May 16, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #551 of 4,889
Traded my LCD 4 for the D8000, absolutely no regrets, imaging is perfect and every instrument is in its place. Sound stage I think is bigger or maybe it feels bigger because of the imaging and clarity. In complex choir singing you can pick out every voice. The bass is like a sub on your head but it absolutely does not muddy anything up. I’m running them off of my THX 788 I am curious to see how they sound on a woo audio WA7 Or 8 though. I’ve tried many cans and these are my absolute favorite.

Congrats on your new D8000. I love mine and view it as an end game purchase ...

May 16, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #553 of 4,889
May 16, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #555 of 4,889
Oh boy did I not like those at all.

Yes, the Utopia is a very revealing headphone, but when the source material is right (electronics, too), it’s magic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back