FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Jan 25, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #5,221 of 6,207
I must be very blind to not see the obvious ??? :triportsad:

As I said my 1.0.7 named December 21 wouldn’t upgrade with an error, my X7 exhibits 1.0.6 as current version

So I downloaded the 1.0.7JP version from 15 December
Now it refuses to upgrade because says X7 has a newer version. This is not correct as it says its 1.0.6

Ok, no problem, re-flashed official FW 1.0.6 with the tool - ok
Upgraded to 1.0.7JP, fine, no problem, now it says it has 1.0.7JP

FiiO music app is absolutely equal !!! What the heck??? Where is the new app??? HEEELLLPPPPP, I am dumb :L3000:
Currently new app is only available via BETA

Jan 25, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #5,222 of 6,207
Currently new app is only available via BETA

Thanks, I thought this was the beta version.
Is there a chance I can try that beta?

Regards

Jan 25, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #5,223 of 6,207
I must be very blind to not see the obvious ??? :triportsad:

As I said my 1.0.7 named December 21 wouldn’t upgrade with an error, my X7 exhibits 1.0.6 as current version

So I downloaded the 1.0.7JP version from 15 December
Now it refuses to upgrade because says X7 has a newer version. This is not correct as it says its 1.0.6

Ok, no problem, re-flashed official FW 1.0.6 with the tool - ok
Upgraded to 1.0.7JP, fine, no problem, now it says it has 1.0.7JP

FiiO music app is absolutely equal !!! What the heck??? Where is the new app??? HEEELLLPPPPP, I am dumb :L3000:

This is what is changed in X7II-FW1.0.7 JP
  1. Added USB audio output function (standard output setting is DoP output.If your DAC does not support DoP input, change the setting from DoP output to D2P output with FiiO Music setting
  2. Added a setting to immediately switch to the playback screen when selecting and playing a song from the list (This option can be operated from the setting of FiiO Music.If enabled
  3. When ViPER Effect is enabled, when you play a specific FLAC file, the problem that the sound is interrupted has been corrected
  4. Fixed an issue where album cover art images included in certain WMA files might not be displayed
  5. Fixed a problem that the fast search bar might not be visible in the folder playback menu.
  6. Corrected a problem that audio may be distorted or audio may not be output when outputting DSD file via Bluetooth
  7. Fixed an issue where the setting function might stop when "setting> storage> NAND FLASH> total capacity> download"
  8. The data area was expanded from 1 GB to 4 GB * Partition change is effective only when performing the recovery operation with the following firmware update tool. For details of firmware update in recovery mode, please be sure to check FAQ . The player will not start up if it is misused . If you do not need to change partitions , there is no problem with the normal firmware update procedure .
  9. Japanese translation of FiiO Music app was added

Jan 25, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #5,224 of 6,207
Jan 25, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #5,225 of 6,207
Is this what your looking for?

Maybe, that was the version I was trying to upgrade in the first instance.
Thanks for help guys

Jan 25, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #5,228 of 6,207
What do you think of it as a longstanding user?

I still have to test for functionality and usability (I'm copying music back to internal memory,almost done)

Jan 26, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #5,229 of 6,207
What do you think of it as a longstanding user?

The app looks fine, usability is more or less the same as the actual version, revamped with a new theme. USB audio output, replay gain, a native equalizer? Didn’t listen for music yet but hope sound quality is the same. Navigation by Artist or Album seems more responsive but it seems that some kind of cache mechanism generated a few app restartings ... but now seems more stable

For now, ok.

Jan 26, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #5,230 of 6,207
The app looks fine, usability is more or less the same as the actual version, revamped with a new theme. USB audio output, replay gain, a native equalizer? Didn’t listen for music yet but hope sound quality is the same. Navigation by Artist or Album seems more responsive but it seems that some kind of cache mechanism generated a few app restartings ... but now seems more stable

For now, ok.

Yes that is what I found, I could not understand why it was more responsive after a couple of restarts.

Jan 26, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #5,231 of 6,207

For now, ok.

Yes that is what I found, I could not understand why it was more responsive after a couple of restarts.

My main problem with the new Beta is:
  • Not seeing any M3U or M3U8 playlist searching by folders.
  • Or seeing chinese characters on international characters like "Ñ, ñ, á, é, É, etc."
I basically use PlayLists in most cases (not in all) to play music. Because of this, is unuseable for me.

Jan 26, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #5,232 of 6,207

My perception was that in large lists the thumbnail generator was struggling to follow the scroll and app hanged

So I tried scrolling a few items at a time both on artists and albuns. After that seems more stable. And yes, now it renders the thumbnails almost instantly

Jan 26, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #5,233 of 6,207
My main problem with the new Beta is:
  • Not seeing any M3U or M3U8 playlist searching by folders.
  • Or seeing chinese characters on international characters like "Ñ, ñ, á, é, É, etc."
I basically use PlayLists in most cases (not in all) to play music. Because of this, is unuseable for me.

Yes all my Spanish and Islandic titles are back to Chinese. I think this beta may be not for the international market? Only one of my play lists works but I do not know why. I will go back to .7JP i think.

Jan 26, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #5,234 of 6,207

For now, ok.

My perception was that in large lists the thumbnail generator was struggling to follow the scroll and app hanged

So I tried scrolling a few items at a time both on artists and albuns. After that seems more stable. And yes, now it renders the thumbnails almost instantly

Yes with very large numbers of files it is slow my art work is all 400 x 400 but it has fot better. But I think I will go back to .7JP. Once it failed to see my Samsung T3 and as JaviAl says some Chinese characters. Back to the music :)

Jan 28, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #5,235 of 6,207
Anybody else have problem keeping wifi connection active while using Spotify? X7 keep disconecting after 10 or 15 min and then i have to manualy reconnect it. Problem is at home and at work. Maybe there is a parameter set wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back