FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Jan 23, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #5,191 of 6,207
also how much of the 512 is available.

microSD Samsung 512GB.png

Jan 24, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #5,195 of 6,207
I'm also waiting for this promised update for a long time, and now that I tried latest beta with refreshed Fiio music app I'm also hoping for a stable final release soon.

That being said, I think your comment is too much aggressive... Even if I can understand why you're upset :wink:

Jan 24, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #5,196 of 6,207
This is the internet after all. I understand the facts with this device. It demands a premium price, yet doesn't perform to any standard that is deemed acceptable by a lot of users/owners. I still can't run Hiby to scan my mSD cards. It used to scan all of the data on the device, including the mini SD cards, but not any more. It crashes and therefore won't read the information (music files) on them. I cannot access anything but the internal memory. I have given up, and forget that I even have it now. If my response is any indication of a trend, it doesn't look good for the flagship product, not to mention the company that doesn't support it correctly. I am not made of money. This thing was very expensive to me, but I see no use going back to FIIO for anymore products in the future with this kind of bad/horrible experience. I have two 200GB cards in the device, and can't access them correctly any more. Even a 64 GB card won't scan.

I wish I would have done some more research and perhaps I'd have one in my possession that works. This one's is even flaky on it's use as a DAC for my computer. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't. The only reason I know I still have it is because I get updates from new posts here.

Jan 24, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #5,197 of 6,207
I'm now trying with my two new 512 GB. microSD cards and run fine, like the previous ones that had 400 GB. When i tried to first copy 300 GB. directly connected via FiiO X7 MKII It takes about 5 hours because it is USB 2.0. But if I copy via a USB 3.0 microSD adapter it takes less than one hour. After the first copy i use the program "Viceversa Pro" to sync my music library, in my home server, with the micro SD Cards connected via FiiO X7 MKII, because "Viceversa Pro" only copies new music files, replace changed music files and delete deleted music files in the server.
I usually make a daily change in my music library that takes about 3 GB. and it takes less than 5 minutes to synchronize and update the files in my Fiio with "Viceversa Pro".

Screenshot_2019-01-23-14-34-03.png

Jan 24, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #5,198 of 6,207
I have two 200GB cards in the device, and can't access them correctly any more. Even a 64 GB card won't scan.

My first two 400 GB. microSD, and now my two 512 GB. microSD scans wells. It takes a long time, about 15-20 minutes, because there are a lot of files and some files are larger than 300 MB. But it scans well.

Maybe you have some corrupt or bad file that is giving error or crashing with the scan.

Jan 24, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #5,199 of 6,207
"Maybe you have some corrupt or bad file that is giving error or crashing with the scan."

No. just a bad taste in my mouth. I'm actually "gun shy" about wanting to take it out to try anything new with it. I have an A5 that will go along with the sale, if nothing happens in the very near future. My wife keeps asking, "HOW much did you pay for that "Thing" "? That gets me every time.

I am using an X5 MkII as a DAC on my computer that is working fine. That experience was why I had invested in the X7 MkII in the first place. I hated the interface on it, but the device worked fine. The Android interface is what sold me on this POS. Sorry if I'm a bit blunt, but this IS the internet after all.

Jan 24, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #5,200 of 6,207
I think that Hiby music app has been removed from the market. I wanted to remove it and replace it, but cannot find it anymore. Perhaps they want to include it with the Hiby DAP's only? I paid for Neutron. I just found some settings that were in red letters concerning the SD cards. I found some settings that MAY scan the SD cards. I'm going to give this device another chance, since I have a trip to go on, and it would be nice to take a DAP with me. I will update as to progress. I hope that the new firmware comes out before the trip.

This could be user error, and if so, I will try my best to get this device to respond.

EDIT: I have found some information in Nuetron that was the problem reading my SD cards. I will no longer post here in order to free up the positive posts. Thank you.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #5,201 of 6,207
@FiiO
Where to report Fiio X7 MK II last beta firmware issues?
  • Like not seeing any M3U or M3U8 playlist searching by folders.
  • Scanning only find about 3.000 songs when i actual have about 15.000.
  • Or seeing chinese characters on international characters like "Ñ, ñ, á, é, É, etc."

Jan 24, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #5,202 of 6,207
I'm also waiting for this promised update for a long time, and now that I tried latest beta with refreshed Fiio music app I'm also hoping for a stable final release soon.

That being said, I think your comment is too much aggressive... Even if I can understand why you're upset :wink:

Hi, where is the beta with the refreshed Fiio music app? I downloaded a beta from a link someone posted here two weeks ago but the music app is "almost" the same. Do you have a link?
Btw, I didn't try many times to prove it ... but it seems that the pause/play problem is solved - thanks god if it is, was my biggest complain on the actual FW. Crossing fingers...

my 2 cents

Jan 24, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #5,204 of 6,207
Latest beta : http://fiio-file.fiio.net/X7II-ota-20181221.zip

When I say music app is different, I mean comparing it to latest official firmware.
It is a complete refresh.

And yes, finally pause bug seems to be solved!

Strange, can you check the Build number on about device?
Mine is 1.0.6 kernel version 3.0.101 and upgrade file is the same day... maybe a new version on same day?
Thanks

Jan 24, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #5,205 of 6,207
If you search back in here you'll find build 1.0.7 JP kernel 3.0.101 very stable, no play pause problems and sounds nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back