FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Aug 9, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #4,816 of 6,207
in fact, you guys can contact our firmware PM directly which is the most efficient way to solve any firmware issues or you have any suggestion to share with us.

BTW, the email a/c of our firmware PM is llc@fiio.net his name is called Wian.

Oh, that's pretty amazing :)

I hope he won't get too much mail now that you shared the address to which we can send firmware inquiries :)

Aug 11, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #4,818 of 6,207
FWIW I received this reply when inquiring about fiio products directly from the support team in china - this may come in handy when trying to understand how this handles 3rd party app audio. though i inquired about the x5iii, they reference the x7ii:

my question:
I'm interested in the x5iii DAP. However, I will mainly be using this to playback Tidal Hifi in offline mode. I want to ensure that the device, when in android mode, still processes audio purely through the AK4490 and that no sample rate conversion takes place within Android. Hopefully, the sound quality is just as good in Android mode as it is using the native player in pure music mode. Can you confirm that Android mode will pass the 44.1 stream to the AK4490 without sample rate conversion to Android 48khz?

Also, I'm guessing that all DSP effects including EQ only work with the native music player and not for android 3rd party apps like Tidal - I'm OK with this, but want to know before I buy. Thx!

-vincent

their answer:
Hello,

Thanks for your email.
The X7MKII is running with the Android 5.1.1 system deeply customized by FiiO. No matter for the default FiiO Music app or any third-party apps, there will be no SRC, and it can guarantee the audio output in the original sample rate.However, if the third-party app comes with decoding library, it will output the the audio in original sample rate coming out from the decoding library.
Good day!
FiiO Customer Service

Vince,

Fiio's reply needs to be carefully interpreted. From what I know, only Hiby R6 managed to solve this problem by rewriting all the DAC drivers (which means if you install spotify, you will get original sample rate on Hiby R6, but you will get 48kHz with Fiio X7 II).

Aug 11, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #4,819 of 6,207
One never knows unless you can A/B, and still some people can't discern the difference (or their gear isn't resolving enough to reveal the difference). So you're right, we can only take Fiio's word for it. I'm generally happy with my X7ii (upgraded from x5iii), but it has a few niggles if you want to use 3rd party apps - IE tidal will skip and glitch unless you select a 1 second 'crossfade' in the tidal settings. Same story for x5iii. I'm pretty sure using the crossfade feature in tidal invokes android mixer to overlap the songs (and likely is resampled and done in 48khz). Using certain IEMs, I can tell a difference when crossfade is active.

The one thing I like about the R6 is that it shows you the sample rate being passed to the DAC! This is what I read at least. I don't have one, but am tempted to get one.

Aug 11, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #4,820 of 6,207
One never knows unless you can A/B, and still some people can't discern the difference (or their gear isn't resolving enough to reveal the difference). So you're right, we can only take Fiio's word for it. I'm generally happy with my X7ii (upgraded from x5iii), but it has a few niggles if you want to use 3rd party apps - IE tidal will skip and glitch unless you select a 1 second 'crossfade' in the tidal settings. Same story for x5iii. I'm pretty sure using the crossfade feature in tidal invokes android mixer to overlap the songs (and likely is resampled and done in 48khz). Using certain IEMs, I can tell a difference when crossfade is active.

The one thing I like about the R6 is that it shows you the sample rate being passed to the DAC! This is what I read at least. I don't have one, but am tempted to get one.

I parted with mine, already missing it!

Aug 14, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #4,821 of 6,207
In my case they are not helpful.
Sold me a defective product as new keep feeding me with promises.
I have tried many times to contact on Ali but got response only when I opened ya dispute although I didn't want to.

Okay I got response here and promise that I will be sent missing details. They even provided me with tracking number for Singapore post, that cannot be tracked for 4-5 days yet. You know why? Because Chinese sellers reserve tracking numbers on post service without actually posting. Post claims they haven't received any item yet.

Okay opened a case on Ali. Got response that they are sorry and they will ship with DHL. After that the person disappeared and the second day without answer. So, in total more than 7 days without problem solution. Hey Fiio, I haven't purchased 10 dollar buds from you. I expect proper support, especially considering that this is an assembly fault. I cannot use device to full potential What would you say if you cannot use my money to full potential? I'm waiting for solution still.

Regards

Aug 15, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #4,822 of 6,207
I have tried many times to contact on Ali but got response only when I opened ya dispute although I didn't want to.

Okay I got response here and promise that I will be sent missing details. They even provided me with tracking number for Singapore post, that cannot be tracked for 4-5 days yet. You know why? Because Chinese sellers reserve tracking numbers on post service without actually posting. Post claims they haven't received any item yet.

Okay opened a case on Ali. Got response that they are sorry and they will ship with DHL. After that the person disappeared and the second day without answer. So, in total more than 7 days without problem solution. Hey Fiio, I haven't purchased 10 dollar buds from you. I expect proper support, especially considering that this is an assembly fault. I cannot use device to full potential What would you say if you cannot use my money to full potential? I'm waiting for solution still.

Regards
Hope you get it all resolved quickly.
Was hoping they would have better customer support in such cases, just unfortunate that it is such a hassle, I am still hoping wont have to use it. But my player has a flaky line out that seems to have problems with left channel from time to time. As long as I can live with it don't even want to know how long it would take for it to be repaired.

Aug 16, 2018 at 6:00 AM Post #4,823 of 6,207

Regards
Dear friend,

We did have arranged sending the SD card slot you needed and a HS7 to you last week. However, the shipment is via Singapore post, so the tracking information would not be updated in a soon time like DHL. This is normal. All the other Singapore post we send oversea will take some time for receiving the update. We have contacted the shipping company for you again, and they have mentioned that the tracking information would be updated in recent few days. You can use the internal 64G storage before receiving the SD card slots still.
We will arrange sending the SD card slots to you again if the tracking information still doesn't be updated next week via DHL.
Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you. Thanks for you understanding.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 16, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #4,824 of 6,207
I attack cause conversation with your colleague Yesterday he promised that today will be shipped via DHL. He has lied? I still have to wait for a week until you send it?
I have much experience with Singapore post believe me it doesn't take a week to update tracking information.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180816-130256_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20180816-130256_AliExpress.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 0
Aug 18, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #4,825 of 6,207
SD card slot you needed and a HS7 >>>> I am not sure what HS7 is, I just needed 2 SD card slots that are missing from my unit. Actually I have made another purchase on Ali from another seller, with Singapore post shipping. It was tracked the next day, as always. I have much experience with Singapore post, and they never delay package registration. The unavailability of tracking information only means that Singapore Post has never received your package. I am tired, actually, in asking you to solve the question that should be solved much quicker. For 10+ days we cannot figure this out. Customer service of your company is just horrible. For your information, @FiiO, If I do not receive confirmation of shipment, on 20th I will ask Aliexpress to step in, because negotiations with you are simply not productive, you obviously keep feeding me your lies.

Aug 19, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #4,826 of 6,207
What apps can the X7 Mark II play bit perfect Auaud from? I know the Hiby R6 can play bit perfect from any app while the iBasso DX150 can only do it from the built in Mango player and the Neutron app. Where does the X7 Mark I fall?

Aug 21, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #4,827 of 6,207
SD card slot you needed and a HS7 >>>> I am not sure what HS7 is, I just needed 2 SD card slots that are missing from my unit. Actually I have made another purchase on Ali from another seller, with Singapore post shipping. It was tracked the next day, as always. I have much experience with Singapore post, and they never delay package registration. The unavailability of tracking information only means that Singapore Post has never received your package. I am tired, actually, in asking you to solve the question that should be solved much quicker. For 10+ days we cannot figure this out. Customer service of your company is just horrible. For your information, @FiiO, If I do not receive confirmation of shipment, on 20th I will ask Aliexpress to step in, because negotiations with you are simply not productive, you obviously keep feeding me your lies.
Dear friend,

We have arranged the SD card tray to you again via DHL. Will update the tracking number to you tomorrow.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 22, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #4,828 of 6,207
Aug 23, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #4,830 of 6,207
There is no 1.0.6 FW on the Japanese site and the description is almost the same, so it is probably just 1.0.6 with some minor region-specific adjustments.

Yes, that's right.
However, in that case I think that the version name should be 1.0.6JP.
Feature of extending internal storage is not region specific.
I have doubts that it is distributed only in Japan.
I can't understand FiiO's intention about providing firmware that includes internal storage extensions only in Japan.
I would like to hear the explanation from @FiiO about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back