FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Aug 24, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #4,833 of 6,207
Wanting to run my X7ii via either line out or coaxial what's the best method, is the line out / 7ii's dac good enough to amp up or take the coaxial into my dac and feed through my set up ?

It depends on your DAC and on personal evaluation with the pretended output (speakers, headphones?) just try and judge by yourself

In my case, listening on my headphones I prefer the coaxial out to my external DAC/headphone amp; however to listen on my home system, these two are clearly beaten if I use my CD player as a DAC (it has a SP/DIF inp), in every aspect

My 2 cents

Aug 26, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #4,835 of 6,207
Hey guys, I took a few shots of my setup recently!

DSC_0473.JPG DSC_0483.JPG DSC_0485.JPG DSC_0488.JPG DSC_0490.JPG DSC_0494.JPG

Aug 26, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #4,837 of 6,207
Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #4,844 of 6,207
Finally arrived ! Time to compare with the 3A

Be interested to hear your thoughts/comparisons as not much out there at the moment, I'm thinking of purchasing this week although a bit frustrating that nobody in the uk seems to be supplying them? although they are supplying the bl44 adapter???? Horse before the cart ! Come on fiio lol.
Also they are on Amazon US supplied by fiio but wont ship to the UK?
Admittedly this could be down to the retailers i.e Amazon and the two main UK supplier's but very frustrating.
Looks like I'm going to have to import from penon audio.

Aug 27, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #4,845 of 6,207
Be interested to hear your thoughts/comparisons as not much out there at the moment, I'm thinking of purchasing this week although a bit frustrating that nobody in the uk seems to be supplying them? although they are supplying the bl44 adapter???? Horse before the cart ! Come on fiio lol.
Also they are on Amazon US supplied by fiio but wont ship to the UK?
Admittedly this could be down to the retailers i.e Amazon and the two main UK supplier's but very frustrating.
Looks like I'm going to have to import from penon audio.
Got mine from Penon, got sick of waiting for UK stock. If you get them to mark it down as $20 ( and they will ) you'll get it into the UK within a week roughly and £83 Inc postage its a no brainer really. Had a quick listen to it last night and immediately you can tell it's a step up from the 3A, bass had more impact but in a controlled way and more headroom which was my first discovery, was listening to Zeppelin at the O2 live and with the A3 it sounded great but a little congested at times, but with the 3B it's way more clear and open sounding. Will do a bit more listening later today on various genres and let you know how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back