FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Jul 12, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #4,757 of 6,207
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 13, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #4,759 of 6,207
We get X7 with non AMP module and why can't we get X7 II the same?
Back then they wanted to please the customers but it didn't work out for them business wise. This was discussed in length on various forums including the official forums (albeit in Chinese). So now, they've only decided to release the mark II with the AM3A. What's most impressionable to me was when Fiio staff mentioned they are sitting on piles and piles of AM0 because NOBODY is buying them, since they made it to "complete the system" and cater to everyone.

Jul 13, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #4,761 of 6,207
Back then they wanted to please the customers but it didn't work out for them business wise. This was discussed in length on various forums including the official forums (albeit in Chinese). So now, they've only decided to release the mark II with the AM3A. What's most impressionable to me was when Fiio staff mentioned they are sitting on piles and piles of AM0 because NOBODY is buying them, since they made it to "complete the system" and cater to everyone.
If they had gone and put a balanced line out, or another line out with a different low pass filter on it, maybe there would have been demand for that, I know I would buy one...

Jul 13, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #4,762 of 6,207
@FiiO , I found a new bug on X7 ii, at least I don't remember someone refering it:

When you'are playing music (Pure music mode, FiiO app) and change the theme (black to white i.e), ALL the physical buttons except "volume" stop working, beeing the X7 ii locked or unlocked. Solution: reboot. Tried 3 times at least, starting with any theme and it is consistent.
And please, its never too much repeating this, please fix the problematic play/pause button - and don't try to find a reason on the sleep mode or 2nd card beeing ejected... this didn't happen in early X7 ii fw versions, it was "introduced" more or less at the time you were working in the "Resume" option. TIA

Regards

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #4,763 of 6,207
No it doesn't just happen from SD2. It happens to me a lot from SD1 and usb storage too.

From what I could tell, this problem of the play / pause button (only works the second time it is activated) happens only in the micro SD (slot 1 or 2), when the music is played from the internal memory of the X7 II , this does not occur.

Video i made to show the problem:

@FiiO , solve this problem, please!

Jul 16, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #4,764 of 6,207
Has anyone else had trouble with Tidal with the latest firmware release?

The problem I'm experiencing is what appears to be corrupted downloads. When downloading multiple albums at once, several songs that were downloaded will not play properly. When playing them, they will sound like they're skipping. The only thing that fixes it is to re-download the song.

This never used to happen on Tidal for me and happened pretty much immediately after upgrading to the latest firmware. I'm using the latest version of Tidal from the Google Play store and downloading tracks in hi-fi format to local memory on the X7.

Jul 17, 2018 at 2:49 AM Post #4,765 of 6,207

The problem I'm experiencing is what appears to be corrupted downloads. When downloading multiple albums at once, several songs that were downloaded will not play properly. When playing them, they will sound like they're skipping. The only thing that fixes it is to re-download the song.

This never used to happen on Tidal for me and happened pretty much immediately after upgrading to the latest firmware. I'm using the latest version of Tidal from the Google Play store and downloading tracks in hi-fi format to local memory on the X7.

I had exact problem with Tidal once. You may try clear the cache of Tidal app, or the solution that works for me; clear all offline content and download them again.

Jul 18, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #4,766 of 6,207

Where are you storing your Tidal music? I've found that storing it in SD2 corrupts it. Try using the internal memory or SD1 for storage.

Jul 18, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #4,769 of 6,207
Anybody has trouble with Sys-Concept optical out TOSLINK cable? I bought 2 cables from them and both doesn't work with 24/192. After much trouble shooting and even buying a new unit because I thought my port was defective, turns out the cable they make is not long enough for the fiber end to reach the LED and that if I press the cable in REALLY HARD then it will actually get a signal using the optical out, but the signal disappears the moment I remove my hand. Any suggestions to make it work is appreciated as my only option now is to return it and lose 50~USD between restocking fee + shipping fees (which is almost the cost of 1 cable).

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #4,770 of 6,207
From what I could tell, this problem of the play / pause button (only works the second time it is activated) happens only in the micro SD (slot 1 or 2), when the music is played from the internal memory of the X7 II , this does not occur.

Video i made to show the problem:

@FiiO , solve this problem, please!

I was wrong, the error happens in both the internal memory and the micro SD (slot 1)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back