FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Jun 15, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #4,696 of 6,207
My new Fiio CL06 USB Cable with OTG on BOTH sides: USB-C To Micro USB and Micro USB to USB-C:

FiiOCL6-01.jpg FiiOCL6-03.jpg FiiOCL6-02.jpg

Years searching for a cable like this since my Fiio F7 (First Gen).

Jun 15, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #4,697 of 6,207
Hey Brooko, may I ask where you got your balanced cable from?

Cheers,

Bought it on the forums. I believe it was a Headphone Lounge cable. Photo below:

fiio-q5-016.jpg

Jun 15, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #4,699 of 6,207
I have the 800S AM3A and A5. The AM3A through the SE output is not enough to adequately power the HD800S - but is very good balanced. So it depends on what topology you are using. Other choices are the AM3B (4.4mm connector for the balanced) - its warmer but has great power output, and would pair nicely with the HD800. Again though - need a balanced cable.

If you're set on an SE output, the AM5 does a pretty good job. I just prefer the AM3A balanced as the tonality is a bit more neutral.

Placebo Brooko, placebo!
Oh man, am I funny!

Jun 17, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #4,700 of 6,207
Bought it on the forums. I believe it was a Headphone Lounge cable. Photo below:

fiio-q5-016.jpg
Hey Brooko, thanks, I seem to be gravitating to the HD800’s despite having a good 30 or 40 mins comparing them to the Focal Clears. I’ve ordered an XLR-4 to 2,5mm balanced adapter even though I’ve not made the decision yet! Can I just as what kind of music you listen too, any EDM? I do listen to EDM and it one area where the Clears extra bass kick worked! Also, sorry, but what Fiio is that in the picture? Not an X7 II and from what I’ve seen of the F5 III it’s not that either, sorry just curious!

Jun 17, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #4,701 of 6,207
Hey Brooko, thanks, I seem to be gravitating to the HD800’s despite having a good 30 or 40 mins comparing them to the Focal Clears. I’ve ordered an XLR-4 to 2,5mm balanced adapter even though I’ve not made the decision yet! Can I just as what kind of music you listen too, any EDM? I do listen to EDM and it one area where the Clears extra bass kick worked! Also, sorry, but what Fiio is that in the picture? Not an X7 II and from what I’ve seen of the F5 III it’s not that either, sorry just curious!
That should be the Q5 which runs the same amp modules as X7.

Jun 17, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #4,702 of 6,207

I have very wide and eclectic tastes when it comes to music. From Grunge and Alternative through to Classical and Opera. The EDM I listen to is more electronica, and quite often a fusion with Jazz or another Genre (eg Trip Hop). An example of the width might be anything from Little Dragon through to The Flashbulb.

And the set-up (koilico got it) was iPhone SE to Q5 (Bluetooth) with the AM3A module,balanced to the HD800S.

Jun 18, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #4,704 of 6,207
Hi, 24/192 works fine thru coaxial, no problems at all.
Regards

How good is that coaxial output line? I saw it had only 1.8 vrms output is it loud enouf at the dac amp or u gota crank the volume by alot. For instance in dx200 u got 3 vrms from the coax line out.

Jun 18, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #4,705 of 6,207
If i use coaxial output do the x7 can still use the filters modes and eq? In spotify ? On external dacs? Or it will simply output bit perfect.

Jun 18, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #4,706 of 6,207
How good is that coaxial output line? I saw it had only 1.8 vrms output is it loud enouf at the dac amp or u gota crank the volume by alot. For instance in dx200 u got 3 vrms from the coax line out.

I can’t compare since I don’t own other devices with a coaxial digital output. I didn’t even know that a digital signal could vary in volume if played from two different devices to an external DAC... I could understand that difference in voltage as the ability to play thru a longer cable/connection but no more than that - excuse my ignorance.

As my only reference I have X7 ii connected to a Questyle CMA400i desktop DAC/AMP, and it sounds great! Btw, I had to lower the default STD gain to low so much was the power to my headphones which are easy to drive anyway. So I would say X7 coaxial line out performs as specs say.

Jun 18, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #4,707 of 6,207
Coaxial (electrical spdif) should be 0,5 V according to the standard. Line out could vary. Sort of desktop standard for rca line out is 2,0 V. Portable could be lower in some (most) cases.

Jun 18, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #4,708 of 6,207
I can’t compare since I don’t own other devices with a coaxial digital output. I didn’t even know that a digital signal could vary in volume if played from two different devices to an external DAC... I could understand that difference in voltage as the ability to play thru a longer cable/connection but no more than that - excuse my ignorance.

As my only reference I have X7 ii connected to a Questyle CMA400i desktop DAC/AMP, and it sounds great! Btw, I had to lower the default STD gain to low so much was the power to my headphones which are easy to drive anyway. So I would say X7 coaxial line out performs as specs say.

Thanks for sharing the info. Can you change filters or eq while being in coaxial out put mode?

I want to use spotify and also have the advantage of the player ability to apply hes features. Wile being in coax output.

By the way i want to use the x7 2 with my hdv820 + hd800s. Rather than my gaming laptop would that improve sound?

Jun 18, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #4,709 of 6,207
Hey Fiio,

I did a reset, and thus far it seems ok, everything is working again as it should. With the new Fiio music app you sent me, my playlists all appear to be working great now! Great job, thank you!
Hey Fiio

So USB storage mode had been working since I reset a few days ago. Today I plug it into the same PC and it's not working. The Android image stays green when I select USB storage mode. All I can see is the SD card, not the internal storage.

Getting to be a pain. Shame I thought the reset had fixed it!

Jun 18, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #4,710 of 6,207
@FiiO , I found a bug. Sometimes when I press the physical button "play / pause" it does not work (only a click sound occurs but the track continues to play), I have to press it again to work.

Dear friend,

Does the issue happen in lock screen mode or any other occasions?You may take a small video and send it to us if possible. Sorry for bringing inconvenience.

Best regards

The problem happens in lock screen mode only (at least so far with me). How do I make a video to show if the screen is black (OFF/ lock screen)? I just have the earphone to test and it's an CIEM.

Hi @FiiO , luckily I was able to shoot the bug. Follow the video of the bug below:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back