1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by superuser1, Jul 6, 2017.
First

Back
303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312
314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323
Next

Last
  1. Dobrescu George
    Welp, I need louder, on low gain I hit the maximum volume way too often :)

Guess that if you're using most IEMs though, you won't really need this kind of volume.,..

2. Brooko Contributor
    Ah yes George - I really pity your ears my friend. I just hope you don't end up with tinnitus in later life. its not pleasant.

3. Dobrescu George
    I may also have a bit of an OCD to never reach the maximum possible volume, like I feel somewhat uncomfortable knowing that I am listening at 100% of what a device can do.

Also, don't worry, that won't be the case. I tend to listen for short but loud times.

With Metal, you need to live to the max :)

4. 13-7
    Like @FiiO said: It doesn't have any influence on sound processing at red book level (16-bit / 44.1 kHz).

Excuse me for being blunt here, but any difference you "hear" is only happening in your head. Good ol' placebo effect.

I'm using high performance mode anyway, because the difference in runtime is marginal.

5. m8o
    Thank you.

I found the supplied impulse files in that directory. When I copied the Audeze supplied .wav files into that directory, they were seen, selectable, and supported. Yeah! Thank you.

I guess this is a Viper feature enhancement, but I feel compelled to point-out a shortcoming now that I'm using it... it's not user friendly at all that a 'filter pack' is not supported (zip file containing a filter for every sample rate, packaged in one selectable filter-pack file in the UI).

I have a lot of music in every sample rate; not just RedBook. Listening to a 44.1K file, then 96K file, then etc., requires me to go and manually switch the filter file applied to match the sample rate, needing first to determine what that is (else sound quality is greatly affected to the negative). The Roon player for example will switch which filter is used automatically, matching the sample rate, as a unique filter file is provided for all sample rates and application is capable of switching amongst a set of filters automatically.

Is the UI of the Viper convolver filter, and application of any selected filter(s) to the DSP, in the realm of FiiO supplied code or Viper supplied code?

6. Vitaly2017

Hi do you know if x7 can output bit perfect threw usb out? Do you experience pops and clicks due to android src interference with the downsampling issues of android?

7. Vitaly2017
    Hi do you know if x7 can output bit perfect threw usb out in otg mode? Do you experience pops and clicks due to android src interference with the downsampling issues of android?

8. Jim Bobber
    Hey Guys,

I’m going to try a pair of sennheiser 800’s tomorrow. If I get them, they’d primarily be used with my x7 Mk II. would the AM3A amp be enough for these, or would I need to go for the A5? Obviously I’d need at least an adapter for the 6.35 jack to 3.5. I guess I’d also look to see if I could get a cable to connect the headphones with the balanced connection as well. This is unexplored territory for me!

9. Jim Bobber
    Hey Fiio,

I did a reset, and thus far it seems ok, everything is working again as it should. With the new Fiio music app you sent me, my playlists all appear to be working great now! Great job, thank you!

10. koiloco
    An uber $$$ Cardas cable could fix your firmware induced SQ degradation...:beyersmile::beyersmile::beyersmile:

11. koiloco
    On high gain, it would drive HD800 to acceptable volume...but that's really about it "acceptable volume" and nothing else IME.
    What you get with X7 MK 2 + HD800 combo won't be horrible but will be far far from even decent to good synergy. I did test this combo out just for kick. The HD800 deserve way more, IMO.

A5 might give you more juice but I haven't heard the combo to comment.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  12. Jim Bobber
    Hey Koiloco,

Thanks for the insight, yeah if I’m going to spend that kind of money, they have to play nicely together! I can already see myself thinking maybe the k5 desk amp, bit I’d love to keep it simple and portable, at least around the house anyway. Anyone have experience of the AM5?

Cheers,

13. floydfan33
    I've used the AM5 with the HD800. Drives them loud enough and it's actually a pretty clean source.

I looked at the K5 for the X7II and the dealer indicated that the AM5 was probably cleaner power than the K5. Doesn't take the charging/desktop convenience into consideration though.

14. Brooko Contributor
    I have the 800S AM3A and A5. The AM3A through the SE output is not enough to adequately power the HD800S - but is very good balanced. So it depends on what topology you are using. Other choices are the AM3B (4.4mm connector for the balanced) - its warmer but has great power output, and would pair nicely with the HD800. Again though - need a balanced cable.

If you're set on an SE output, the AM5 does a pretty good job. I just prefer the AM3A balanced as the tonality is a bit more neutral.

15. Jim Bobber
    Hey Brooko, may I ask where you got your balanced cable from?

Cheers,

First

Back
303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312
314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323
Next

Last