FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Sep 6, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #1,532 of 6,207
Will surely do! At the moment the package is somewhere with the Romanian postage, sorry to say, but they are not doing the best job...

Will let you know how it goes as soon as I manage to sort it out!
Too bad you have not received it yet...hope you receive it soon...

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #1,533 of 6,207
I think (to me) the DX 200 has a deeper Sound stage, even though the X7ii sounds beautiful the sound stage is somewhat narrow (to me) even though instument separation is excellent.

I think the DX sounds like an ipod. It was accurately described by early reviews and myself as very dry /neutral. Now the selling tags and new updated opinions are on it's musicality :thinking:
I use ma-900 and EX1000 which have huge stages maybe biggest in their respective head gear categories and I found the DX to be average.......... Dry and neutral and musical have been term used up until 2017 to mean different presentations of the playback.

Neutral meaning what it means, no noted emphasis
Musical meaning perceived dynamic differences in some parts of spectrum i.e. more punch in bass, vocals with emotion, spaaaaarkle in the treble, indications of NON neutrality.

Cannot be musical and neutral...not until recently anyway
read the new amp specs and they were clear to mention it kept the musicality bull:poop:

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #1,534 of 6,207
I think (to me) the DX 200 has a deeper Sound stage, even though the X7ii sounds beautiful the sound stage is somewhat narrow (to me) even though instument separation is excellent.
Do you mean the dx200 lean sounds gives you the feel of having a wider sound stage?

Sep 6, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #1,535 of 6,207
I think the DX sounds like an ipod. It was accurately described by early reviews and myself as very dry /neutral. Now the selling tags and new updated opinions are on it's musicality :thinking:
I use ma-900 and EX1000 which have huge stages maybe biggest in their respective head gear categories and I found the DX to be average.......... Dry and neutral and musical have been term used up until 2017 to mean different presentations of the playback.

Neutral meaning what it means, no noted emphasis
Musical meaning perceived dynamic differences in some parts of spectrum i.e. more punch in bass, vocals with emotion, spaaaaarkle in the treble, indications of NON neutrality.

Cannot be musical and neutral...not until recently anyway
read the new amp specs and they were clear to mention it kept the musicality bull:poop:

I feel very sorry for your ears.
I have couple ipod touch and classics with me.
DX200 does not sound like that.
You must hate DX200 that much, heh.
Also, feel sorry for fellows following your reviews.
Have you demo SP1000SS, CU, and MW1Z and compare to DX200 recently?
DX200 thread don't bash the x7mk2 product.
My 2 cent.

Sep 6, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #1,536 of 6,207
My 2 cent.

Most thumbs up of any vid I have ever done. So please, don't feel sorry just...move along.
Lot of former owners feel the same. I never post in DX thread despite owning it for months
If it sounded good why the claims of more musical sound after a FW update?
I respect Currawong and Anakchan and they are audiophiles. It sounds dry and neutral and they, audiophiles, tend to prefer that as the baseline.
I don't
The bass test i tried to do for a video because of power claims didn't reflect the power output claims. Maybe true but I never got a car audio bass track to thump my JVC SZ
Mango was a mess
Still over priced if it's $900
Someone else brought it up, I didn't

I dunno what DX thread does? I don't stealth surf. Good luck to them.

Sep 6, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #1,537 of 6,207
My 2 cent.
In my case Im going off the ones I bought or demoed. I usually demo 3 to 4 times before coming to a conclusion. Im able to demo every dap and every iem, headphone, amp and cable. The sp1000 and sp1000cu are really nice but they lack power with head phones. Most daps will sound ok, good or great on its own, meaning not doing a head on test with various daps.

Sep 6, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #1,538 of 6,207
IMG_6391.JPG IMG_6415.JPG IMG_6436.JPG

FiiO X7ii with Advanced AcousticWerkes W300U (Ortofon tips) and Double Helix Cable.

A nice pairing.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #1,542 of 6,207
IMG_5989.JPG
Does anyone have any experience with pairing the Campfire Audio Andromeda with the FiiO X7 mark II? How do they pair?

Actually I have it paired now.(wifh the iBasso CB13 cable).

And I am enjoying the sound, it is quite different from the earlier AAW W300U rig.

It seemes to my ears to reproduce the Andromeda fairly accurately.

Caveat: Admittedly I am a big fan of the Campfire Audio Andromeda.

*Note: I have a few other Dap items in my (usually)first come first serve review queue so my critical listening to the FiiO X7ii is limited.
*Plus a new baby, summer holidays and new work arrangements :wink:

In-between work and an evening event/meeting so I have a bit of rare free time today :)

Although I can mention that I have had positive listening results so far with a variety of earphones.

Regards
Expat

IMG_5996.JPG

Edit

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #1,543 of 6,207
My 2 cent.

I almost deleted this post and sent you a warning - but I want to hold this up as an example of what is not acceptable.

Most of the post is Ok - and its perfectly Ok to have a difference of opinion. We all have different preferences, different anatomy, listen at different volumes, listen with different headphones. Some prefer neutrality, some prefer warmth, some prefer a dry sound, some a more musical coloured sound. Preference is personal, and contributing with your preference is Ok.

The parts in bold are not OK. That is a personal attack, and is a very narrow minded point of view. Some will agree with HBB, some won't. But telling him his ears and reviews are flawed is not tolerated here. Check our posting rules please

Any more of this sort of post, and next time it will be removed, along with the appropriate warning.

Sep 7, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #1,545 of 6,207
Warning? Thats it?

Nobody gets scared by those :)

On serious note, HBB's dislike for dx200 seems to be eternal. He jumps on every post mentioning it.

Its almost comparable to how much user xrelic likes mojo.

People are entitled to their opinions. HBB was just supplying a counter to someone else's critique. if he was doing ti in the DX200 thread unsolicited over and over, he'd be getting a message from me :wink:

And as far as warning go - we prefer to work through issues. If you get a warning it pays to take heed of it. if you start accumulating more than one it escalates. We don't like to escalate. The people on the rough end of it don't generally like it either.

Might pay to end this here though - we generally don't discuss Moderation either - for obvious reasons

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back