FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Sep 6, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #1,516 of 6,207
The point of my speech is not the price itself, but the fact that I am sure that I have an AM3A module that I'm not going to use... And I want only the AM5 for example.
Take as example a car... If you want 17'' rim wheel, you have to buy also the default/stock 15'' rim wheels.

Sep 6, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #1,517 of 6,207
The point of my speech is not the price itself, but the fact that I am sure that I have an AM3A module that I'm not going to use... And I want only the AM5 for example.
Take as example a car... If you want 17'' rim wheel, you have to buy also the default/stock 15'' rim wheels.

I agree. There are obviously X7 owners out there that won't need the AM3A amp module.

FiiO - any plans to sell the X7 mark II body alone, as you did for the original X7?

Sep 6, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #1,518 of 6,207
I agree. There are obviously X7 owners out there that won't need the AM3A amp module.

FiiO - any plans to sell the X7 mark II body alone, as you did for the original X7?

Earlier in this thread FiiO indicated that the demand for the non module X7 mk1 was very low, seeming to indicate that they have no plans to release a module less X7 mkII.

Sep 6, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #1,519 of 6,207
Earlier in this thread FiiO indicated that the demand for the non module X7 mk1 was very low, seeming to indicate that they have no plans to release a module less X7 mkII.
Sure, this is also true, but my attention in focused on the fact that X7ii is not a budget audio player and this will cut a lot of possible buyers. For me, to be going to spend 699€ or 799€ is not a huge difference. The main concern is that I'm going to buy a new hardware AM3A which I cannot use anywhere and I am sure I will not use on my X7ii. Only this. The request for the standalone X7i could have been low for the reason that lot of users don't want to spend further money to find the best match/pairing between amp module and iem/cans. The research of the best for you is long and expensive. After spending 699€ someone thinks to have reached the best. This is not my approach :)

PS: For instance, the SE output of FiiO X5iii is far superior than the SE output of FiiO X7ii+AM3A. Details apart.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #1,520 of 6,207
I have the AM5 and it pushes my LCD-2's quite nicely.
I like the AM5 module with the X7 MKII. It drives a few of my full-sized headphones very well. I really like it with my Denon D7200's. But I like my B&W P9's with the AM3A module. I like the versatility of the interchangeable amp modules because I can match them with different headphones that have different sound signatures and pick which one I like best. I keep being impressed by the X7 MKII.

Sep 6, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #1,521 of 6,207
High gain. Anyway I would like to make a serious discussion about the matching of FiiO X7ii and Sennheiser IE800. I have IE800 and I don't like so much the pairing with the AM3A. @Slim1970 and I are experiencing this reality. I still don't know if other guys are expressing their opinion basing on their tries. Maybe they write words only according to the Sennheiser IE800 specifications since the IE800's are stated to have 16 Ohm of impendance, but I still feel that IE800's need a powerful power source. This is my opinion, by owner and after many hours of trying the FiiO X7ii. The 16Ohm parameter is not the only one to focus on, IMHO.
@George Dobrescu could write his experience once he gets in touch with the incoming X7ii since he owns IE800!

Will surely do! At the moment the package is somewhere with the Romanian postage, sorry to say, but they are not doing the best job...

Will let you know how it goes as soon as I manage to sort it out!

I had a Fiio X5I and ie800, perfectly happy with the pair. At a head-fi meet i borrowed a Hugo to pair with HD800 as couldnt get enough volume from X5. Just as an afterthought I plugged in my ie800s i had with me. The change was dramatic. Although I went to show with no thought of an external Dac/amp, the Fiio has been attached to Hugo ever since and took ie800 to a level i didn't think existed.

Indeed, adding Hugo will turn a new page for the sound! :smile_phones:

Sep 6, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #1,522 of 6,207
Some questions

2) I'm using spotify, I only sync a hundred songs and the storage is not enough ( I think I managed to sync only 1gb ). Not too sure if the internal memory is partitioned or not.
How do I utilise the rest of the storage memory?

Thanks

Does spotify have the option to save to different drives/cards? On/in some apps, the 55GB internal sd storage area may show up as an external card (Amazon Video shows the onboard 55GB space as the "SD Card").

Sep 6, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #1,523 of 6,207
Will surely do! At the moment the package is somewhere with the Romanian postage, sorry to say, but they are not doing the best job...

Cross fingers they don’t mix your package with my X7 1st, which I sent to Romania last week.

:gs1000smile:

Sep 6, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #1,524 of 6,207
That's because no one had any other product they could us the Amp modules with. Now there are a ton of X7 owners that probably already have several of the modules and don't need another one but FiiO refuses to sell just the DAP. I'm sure it's cost them plenty of sales because I know as a X7 owner I'm not upgrading unless they offer just the DAP.

Sep 6, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #1,525 of 6,207
Does spotify have the option to save to different drives/cards? On/in some apps, the 55GB internal sd storage area may show up as an external card (Amazon Video shows the onboard 55GB space as the "SD Card").

I installed a file explorer app it's saved at the bigger storage area BUT spotify is saved at the smaller one .
The option to move to the sd is grayed out. What gives ? I got a Pioneer dap previously no such issues :frowning2:

Sep 6, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #1,526 of 6,207
That's because no one had any other product they could us the Amp modules with. Now there are a ton of X7 owners that probably already have several of the modules and don't need another one but FiiO refuses to sell just the DAP. I'm sure it's cost them plenty of sales because I know as a X7 owner I'm not upgrading unless they offer just the DAP.

The way I read it from @JamesFiiO and previous comments is that they are assessing demand but it is not on their immediate roadmap because they are still trying to meet demand for the AMA3 bundle version. For example, it's still not available at all in most regions yet!

Sep 6, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #1,527 of 6,207
I'm not trying to start a DX200 vs X7ii battle here, just wondering...

iBasso just released the AMP3 module for the DX200 and, if I understand correctly, it implements balanced line out for the device. Could something similiar happen for the X7ii? I mean, could Fiio implement balanced line out with a new amp module for the X7ii?

http://www.ibasso.com/cp_xq_dy.php?id=5696#page3

Sep 6, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #1,528 of 6,207
I'm not trying to start a DX200 vs X7ii battle here, just wondering...

iBasso just released the AMP3 module for the DX200 and, if I understand correctly, it implements balanced line out for the device. Could something similiar happen for the X7ii? I mean, could Fiio implement balanced line out with a new amp module for the X7ii?

http://www.ibasso.com/cp_xq_dy.php?id=5696#page3
Isn't that what the new AM3A amp module is? It's a new amp module with a balanced out connection or am I missing something? The old vversion is just AM3.

Sep 6, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #1,530 of 6,207
It is a balanced headphone out, it is not a balanced line out, like in the DX200 module.
Ah, you're right. I misread the "line out" portion in your post.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back