FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Sep 7, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #1,561 of 6,207
Anyone feels that the leatherette is very difficult to be removed once installed.

I read this last week or 2 weeks ago and remembered the X5iii was super easy by pushing on the edge near the volume.

Tried the X7ii case which I never use. Was a definite stress event. Will probably never use it again. Like the rubber case anyway. love that cheap thing actually

Sep 7, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #1,562 of 6,207
so is fiio conceding defeat here?

Defeat to what? How can win or defeat exist here when you are talking about different people's preferences?

Sep 7, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #1,563 of 6,207
Warning? Thats it?

Nobody gets scared by those :)

On serious note, HBB's dislike for dx200 seems to be eternal. He jumps on every post mentioning it.

Its almost comparable to how much user xrelic likes mojo.

What's wrong with expressing his opinion? He is not forcing anyone to not like DX200 and like only the stuff he recommends.
It's good to have an argument as long as it does not cross limits.

Sep 7, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #1,564 of 6,207
Defeat to what? How can win or defeat exist here when you are talking about different people's preferences?

JamesFiio mentioned different price points. In my books anything priced higher should giver higher performance.

What's wrong with expressing his opinion? He is not forcing anyone to not like DX200 and like only the stuff he recommends.
It's good to have an argument as long as it does not cross limits.

Of course he can. I didnt said he cannot. He can do as he please. I am not a mod here , or his granny.

Sep 7, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #1,565 of 6,207
JamesFiio mentioned different price points. In my books anything priced higher should giver higher performance.

Common fallacy - assuming higher price = better performance does not always prove true in my books. And again a lot lies in individual preference.

Sep 7, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #1,566 of 6,207
I have to agree. higher price does NOT necessarily mean better performance. However at times it may be a coincidence that the higher priced product is better but definitely not as a rule.

Sep 7, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #1,569 of 6,207
common logic should be higher price = higher performance.

its not always true. eg to my ears fiio x7 classic and ak300 perform at roughly same level. in India ak is 2 times price of fiio.

i was expecting same situation with fiio x7 ii and ibasso dx200.

but Jamesfiio says both are different price points so cant be compared. now its upto reviewers to compare them i think.

Sep 7, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #1,570 of 6,207
Anyone feels that the leatherette is very difficult to be removed once installed.
It comes off easier with time as you take it off more and more, I've found. I'd stick the eraser end of a pencil into the hole where the line out is and push it out. Someone suggested putting a 3.5mm dust cap in there if you have one to protect the jack.

I don't think there any necessary to compare two different thing at different price range.
They are different price points, but here's how I look at it:

Going off Amazon, $919 can buy the DX200.

For comparable sound quality, $650 gets the FiiO X7 MKII.. leaving $269 to buy headphones to actually listen to the thing! :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #1,571 of 6,207
I think the DX sounds like an ipod. ...
... read the new amp specs and they were clear to mention it kept the musicality bull:poop:

I'm relieved to hear, Chris, that you are willing to at least consider DX200 as #2 :p

Sep 7, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #1,574 of 6,207
If the cable is wired to do so it should. A balanced cable usually doesn't have in line controls but some do i guess and no reason why it cannot if the termination is correct
On regular SE output it requires an additional sleeve or ring for control. I don't believe this is possible on the balanced side since it already uses all four for the audio.

Sep 7, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #1,575 of 6,207
On regular SE output it requires an additional sleeve or ring for control. I don't believe this is possible on the balanced side since it already uses all four for the audio.

Yeah, your correct 3 rings, tip sleeve v.s. 2 ring tip sleeve. Square peg round hole. I was thinking could v.s. can. You could ( Science ***ches!!) but you can't...design :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back