FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Sep 7, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #1,576 of 6,207
I'm relieved to hear, Chris, that you are willing to at least consider DX200 as #2 :p

Nah, OPUS #2 is better as well IMO.

giphy.gif

20170907_210846[1].jpg

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #1,577 of 6,207
Nah, OPUS #2 is better as well IMO.

giphy.gif

Hmm, I thought you said Opus#2 was garbage too, and Cayin, and others :wink: But hey, I know you are very passionate about FiiO, and I respect that! For real, man, and I loved your cameo in their 10th anniversary celebration video, it was dope!!!

For others who get upset about Chris's rather vocal bashing of DX200, everybody is entitled to their own opinion. That's what head-fi is about, so we can express what we like and don't like, and be passionate about it, of course, in a civilized way, doesn't matter if it's an opinion of one person or a group.

I personally find DX200 w/amp3 to be superior in sound quality to LPG, Opus#2, and Plenue 2, and probably will have a little write up about sound comparison between DX200 and X7ii prior to X7ii full review. I only spend time analyzing in depth Fiio's am3a vs am3 (I liked am3a and wrote about it here), but so far I can say that just purely on sound quality DX is ahead of X7ii. But again, it's my personal opinion, no reason to get salty about it. We just hear things differently, use different headphones, have preferences for different music styles, thus it's quite normal to disagree, and it's actually healthy to have a different opinion :)

Sep 7, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #1,578 of 6,207
Hmm, I thought you said Opus#2 was garbage too, and Cayin, and others :wink: But hey, I know you are very passionate about FiiO, and I respect that! For real, man, and I loved your cameo in their 10th anniversary celebration video, it was dope!!!

For others who get upset about Chris's rather vocal bashing of DX200, everybody is entitled to their own opinion. That's what head-fi is about, so we can express what we like and don't like, and be passionate about it, of course, in a civilized way, doesn't matter if it's an opinion of one person or a group.

I personally find DX200 w/amp3 to be superior in sound quality to LPG, Opus#2, and Plenue 2, and probably will have a little write up about sound comparison between DX200 and X7ii prior to X7ii full review. I only spend time analyzing in depth Fiio's am3a vs am3 (I liked am3a and wrote about it here), but so far I can say that just purely on sound quality DX is ahead of X7ii. But again, it's my personal opinion, no reason to get salty about it. We just hear things differently, use different headphones, have preferences for different music styles, thus it's quite normal to disagree, and it's actually healthy to have a different opinion :)

Yeah, figured you might be in there since you get a Free FiiO DAP every time they make one.
Considering the flex you have...not sure why?

https://www.similarweb.com/website/twister6.com

I know why Headfonia gets free stuff

https://www.similarweb.com/website/headfonia.com#overview

I don't cruise the DX thread and make folks feel bad, uncomfortable or anything. You don't need to explain me to anyone. I am pretty wide open :wink:

20170907_212057_001[1].jpg

DSD files purring like a kitten on Neutron.

If the FiiO player had an EQ like Neutron...THAT...would be awesome!

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #1,581 of 6,207
Yeah, figured you might be in there since you get a Free FiiO DAP every time they make one.
Considering the flex you have...not sure why?

https://www.similarweb.com/website/twister6.com

I know why Headfonia gets free stuff

https://www.similarweb.com/website/headfonia.com#overview

I don't cruise the DX thread and make folks feel bad, uncomfortable or anything. You don't need to explain me to anyone. I am pretty wide open :wink:

I have been reviewing and supporting FiiO for the last 3+ years and received every product they released over that period of time, so I do have a history with FiiO, and know that James and Sunny are good sport to take criticism because they like honest reviews, and I can say they really stepped it up with X7ii, though the latest amp3 module with dx200 is something else, pushing the sound quality of that combo ahead of many other DAPs.

Regarding similar web, they are not accurate, more like a guesstimate, since I know my blog traffic based on internal WP analytics tools (and it's on average about 5k higher a month). But it doesn't matter. I don't make it a secret that i receive all my review samples free of charge, and put it as the first line of my every review. But, I think the reason many of these companies send review samples to me, you, Paul, and other reviewers because they respect our opinion, because we cover the product from different perspective, because we compare it to different products, and describe different pair up scenarios, etc. It has nothing to do with a blog traffic or YT channel subscribers or the amount of Likes received on head-fi. Don't you agree? At least I want to believe that lol!!!!

I know we are getting a bit off topic here, and I gotta give you credit for opening a can of worms with dx200 vs x7ii discussion lol!!!

Ok, back to a regularly scheduled X7ii program!!! :)

Sep 7, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #1,582 of 6,207
I have been reviewing and supporting FiiO for the last 3+ years and received every product they released over that period of time, so I do have a history with FiiO, and know that James and Sunny are good sport to take criticism because they like honest reviews, and I can say they really stepped it up with X7ii, though the latest amp3 module with dx200 is something else, pushing the sound quality of that combo ahead of many other DAPs.

Regarding similar web, they are not accurate, more like a guesstimate, since I know my blog traffic based on internal WP analytics tools (and it's on average about 5k higher a month). But it doesn't matter. I don't make it a secret that i receive all my review samples free of charge, and put it as the first line of my every review. But, I think the reason many of these companies send review samples to me, you, Paul, and other reviewers because they respect our opinion, because we cover the product from different perspective, because we compare it to different products, and describe different pair up scenarios, etc. It has nothing to do with a blog traffic or YT channel subscribers or the amount of Likes received on head-fi. Don't you agree? At least I want to believe that lol!!!!

I know we are getting a bit off topic here, and I gotta give you credit for opening a can of worms with dx200 vs x7ii discussion lol!!!

Ok, back to a regularly scheduled X7ii program!!! :)

I thought you were trolling me bruh :wink:

I think the public needs You and Paul and the like. I just snuck in somehow like a 15 year old kid with a fake I.D. into a strip club.

I really do stay out of DX thread for the express purpose to keep my fat yap shut. If folks are there they wanna get or wanna know. My opinion is beating a dead horse. Like I am doing now.

You and Anakchan and Curry like the DX a lot so I know it's really just a matter of taste.

I am leaving the DX talk...and walking away. Everybody enjoy...bring on the strippers...My I.D. worked!! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO :)

Sep 7, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #1,583 of 6,207

I agree with everything you said here, personal opinions...etc...especially the part where DX200+amp3 is better than Opus #2 ! I agree to that Dx200+amp3 is something extraordinary....! So...count me in for another fan of Ibasso and their Dx200 :D

Sep 7, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #1,584 of 6,207
I agree with everything you said here, personal opinions...etc...especially the part where DX200+amp3 is better than Opus #2 ! I agree to that Dx200+amp3 is something extraordinary....! So...count me in for another fan of Ibasso and their Dx200 :D

This is the X7II thread.

Brooko just pointed out how if my opinion was repeatedly in the DX thread THAT would be an issue which I already know. So I don't.

Opinions aside, respect the thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 15, Guests: 17)

More visitors than members as I type this and they probably came to read about the X7II?

20170907_211101_001[1].jpg

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #1,585 of 6,207
Roger that sir, I know that this is my only time that I "praised" the Dx200 here. So please, allow me for once, to express it as a posible competition to X7 MKii. I think you know that I have been trailing both players for a while. In fact I did not buy Dx200 initially as I was waiting to see what Fiio was about with the new MKII.

When it was announced, I was surprised by using 1 single ES9028Pro. As skeptical as I am, and aware of implementation matter. I fell for dual DAC marketing :) and bought DX200. I have no chance to audition and A/B both...so...

However, feel free to remove any opinion regarding possible competitions, if the thread must be "dedicated and only be for" X7 MKii.

Now, my question about X7 here, can it do Native DSD digital transport into a desktop DAC ?

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #1,586 of 6,207
Brooko just pointed out how if my opinion was repeatedly in the DX thread THAT would be an issue which I already know. So I don't.

One would hope, if we were stating our opinions respectfully, this shouldn't be an issue on any thread. I cringe at those reviews (I'm not going to mention any names) on this site that are nothing but glowing praise each and every time; there's usually not much to learn from these. If there's a potential problem, I want to know.

Like @Hawaiibadboy, I found the DX200 sterile and boring to listen to. It lacks the top-end sparkle and detail of my QP1R and lacks sub-bass slam and rumble (any other Kannon owners out there?!). It may be subtle on some headphones that have a weak sub-bass, but it's there. I was in touch with Paul from iBasso about this and we compared their own measurements to mine:

DX200.png

I also had some issues with the DX200 software - there was (when I owned it) no Google Play support, which meant no Google Play Music, unless you installed a WindowsX 3rd party ROM, which lost you gapless playback, unless you wanted to pay extra $$$s for a purist ROM, which would then lag in updates, etc. Too many issues for me. I'm still surprised that the X7 Mark II is using the same DAC chipset, because the X7 Mark II sounds really good to my ears, with none of the issues I heard on the DX200.

P.S. Here's a link in case anybody thinks I'm a shill that never really owned a DX200: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ibasso-dx200-reference-dap.846774/

Sep 7, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #1,590 of 6,207
The Neutron app exists for this reason! It's far superior ij terms of sound quality... No match.

I'm coming out of lurker mode to ask, have you tried comparing the Neutron app with the app for Foobar2000? If so, do you find Neutron superior to that as well? I just discovered Foobar had an android app and have been using it instead of "Pure Music" mode as the mode seems to have a hard time listing artists alphabetically, and I didn't want to jump into paying for Neutron. I'm quite happy with Foobar2000 on the PC, but I've had very little time with the app and already ran out a trial on Neutron before I was able to compare the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back