FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jan 3, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #16,141 of 18,020

One bug in FiiO Music - very occasionally (usually from cold start) press play, music shows playing, no output from H/O.  Whenever this has happened - a single reboot fixes it.  Happens maybe 1/10.  

Sounds like the same issue I've been having - except it also seems to happen (intermittently) after switching headphones. Re-booting has (so far) fixed the issue each time.  I didn't notice this problem with any of the previous 3.x.xbeta FWs. I've been using am2, mainly with 44/16 and 96/24 FLAC.

I'm pretty happy with the gapless playback situation now in the FiiO music app. As much as I like Neutron, I really love the clean interface and volume up/down slider in the FiiO music app. I'd love to get the FiiO music app on my phone. My attempts at porting the apk have so far failed, I assume because my phone lacks the DAC hardware it's expecting :frowning2: FiiO, I'd happily pay for an official version of this on the Google Play store?!

Jan 4, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #16,143 of 18,020
Dear users,

Thank you for all the feedback. We will report to the engineers and have more tests first.
We will keep you in touch if we need more information from you or have new progress.
Sorry if bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 4, 2017 at 4:32 AM Post #16,144 of 18,020
Today, the worst thing happened to me.

I was walking down the street with the IEMs in my ears already.
I pulled out the X7 from my pocket and was very please that the latest feature works - I was able to resume the last playing track at the exact position  before I docked it in the K5.

So I hit a play button and I almost died. 
It started playing on FULL volume with HIGH gain. The display said volume "40". But it was clear that it's on 120.
I almost got a heart attacked with damaged eardrums. I tried to pull the volume down with the physical buttons. The value was lowering down all the way to 0 but track was still playing at the same full loudness level. Finally I've managed to pull the IEMs out of my ears - these were Shure 535 so it took few seconds.

I am surprised this didn't damage my IEMs and my ears and I am very relieved this didn't happen when I was on a crosswalk ...

Not sure what to tell you FiiO, but now your bugs are not only embarrassing but also dangerous.

It's been a long time since I supported the X7 for FiiO but I can't help but notice that the headphone port is at the bottom of the X7 and should be blocked by the K5 you docked it to...? The line out, OTOH, is at the top. :confused:

Edit: nvm, saw your later comment where you clarified the order of events.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 4, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #16,145 of 18,020
It's been a long time since I supported the X7 for FiiO but I can't help but notice that the headphone port is at the bottom of the X7 and should be blocked by the K5 you docked it to...? The line out, OTOH, is at the top.
confused.gif

yes, that is right, but I am not sure what is your point.
I had X7 docked. I pulled it out - I plugged my IEMs at the bottom. Hour later I hit play button.

Jan 4, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #16,146 of 18,020
  yes, that is right, but I am not sure what is your point.
I had X7 docked. I pulled it out - I plugged my IEMs at the bottom. Hour later I hit play button.

the same things happened to me, as I wrote few posts above, its scary

so if i dock the x7 to an amp, i must turn the x7 off before i plug an iem to the HO of the x7

Jan 4, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #16,148 of 18,020
Guys, I don't know if anyone have this issue at this point, but probably [probably] I found cause of X7 suddenly stopping playing music at unexpected times. I didn't connect dots until now. But first let me tell you about how my X7 was stopping playing music. It was always outside my home. In example in metro on certain point of my daily travel to work, but not always. Also in my new workplace where we have doors with Id cards and electric locks. I thought that my X7 is free from that issue and it's only on certain places that is misbehaving, so generally my X7 was "free". But then again I started to use X7 in my work and it came to my attention that almost every time when the room door is opened or closed X7 stops playing music. Well I got used to it but again it's something that should not happen anyway. I think that this issue is caused by electromagnetic pulse caused by almost every electrical equipment we have in our homes, workplaces, well everywhere. In my case by the door lock or metro powerline sparks (or maybe somewhere on the way there is some equipment generating strong electro-mag field. I can only speculate that either X7 electronics in X7 is so screw**g sensitive to outside electro-mag waves or it's not enough shielded from it. I'm sorry if someone else mentioned it earlier and this is known. But check it out for yourself when your X7 is stopping to play maybe someone powered something up or powered off. Maybe this is the issue that can't be easily fixed by FiiO and their sofware.

Peace out.

Jan 4, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #16,149 of 18,020
Jan 4, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #16,150 of 18,020
  That's is a great case!  Where did you get it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tuff-Luv-Faux-Leather-Case-Cover-for-FiiO-X7-E12-Amp-Inc-Screen-Prot-Black-/141933179063?hash=item210be070b7:g:Xy8AAOSwD2pXFTQS

Jan 4, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #16,151 of 18,020
  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tuff-Luv-Faux-Leather-Case-Cover-for-FiiO-X7-E12-Amp-Inc-Screen-Prot-Black-/141933179063?hash=item210be070b7:g:Xy8AAOSwD2pXFTQS

Thanks!!!

Jan 4, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #16,152 of 18,020
  Guys, I don't know if anyone have this issue at this point, but probably [probably] I found cause of X7 suddenly stopping playing music at unexpected times. I didn't connect dots until now. But first let me tell you about how my X7 was stopping playing music. It was always outside my home. In example in metro on certain point of my daily travel to work, but not always. Also in my new workplace where we have doors with Id cards and electric locks. I thought that my X7 is free from that issue and it's only on certain places that is misbehaving, so generally my X7 was "free". But then again I started to use X7 in my work and it came to my attention that almost every time when the room door is opened or closed X7 stops playing music. Well I got used to it but again it's something that should not happen anyway. I think that this issue is caused by electromagnetic pulse caused by almost every electrical equipment we have in our homes, workplaces, well everywhere. In my case by the door lock or metro powerline sparks (or maybe somewhere on the way there is some equipment generating strong electro-mag field. I can only speculate that either X7 electronics in X7 is so screw**g sensitive to outside electro-mag waves or it's not enough shielded from it. I'm sorry if someone else mentioned it earlier and this is known. But check it out for yourself when your X7 is stopping to play maybe someone powered something up or powered off. Maybe this is the issue that can't be easily fixed by FiiO and their sofware.

Peace out.

wow, that's some real sci-fi going on here :-D I've experienced the intermittent stopping of playback with FW 2.0 rather often, but I don't recall it with the latest 3.0.11 or 3.1.x firmwares.

Jan 4, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #16,153 of 18,020
Sci-Fi or not xD, I'm at work right now and when people are going in and out of the room, my X7 is stopping to play. So I don't know, maybe your case is different. I can only tell that this is the case with my X7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back