FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jan 3, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #16,126 of 18,020
Yes, it happens on both mode..
The music will start like from 00:02 not from 00:00
It happened to me in firmware 3.09 and 3.1.1
I'm using FLAC and MP3 on both internal and external storage..

It' a great sounding DAP though.. it would be great if the bugs can be fixed

+1. I have the same issue.

Jan 3, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #16,127 of 18,020
Today, the worst thing happened to me.

I was walking down the street with the IEMs in my ears already.
I pulled out the X7 from my pocket and was very please that the latest feature works - I was able to resume the last playing track at the exact position  before I docked it in the K5.

So I hit a play button and I almost died. 
It started playing on FULL volume with HIGH gain. The display said volume "40". But it was clear that it's on 120.
I almost got a heart attacked with damaged eardrums. I tried to pull the volume down with the physical buttons. The value was lowering down all the way to 0 but track was still playing at the same full loudness level. Finally I've managed to pull the IEMs out of my ears - these were Shure 535 so it took few seconds.

I am surprised this didn't damage my IEMs and my ears and I am very relieved this didn't happen when I was on a crosswalk ...

Not sure what to tell you FiiO, but now your bugs are not only embarrassing but also dangerous.

Jan 3, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #16,128 of 18,020

I pulled out the X7 from my pocket and was very please that the latest feature works - I was able to resume the last playing track at the exact position  before I docked it in the K5.

It started playing on FULL volume with HIGH gain. The display said volume "40". But it was clear that it's on 120.
I almost got a heart attacked with damaged eardrums. I tried to pull the volume down with the physical buttons. The value was lowering down all the way to 0 but track was still playing at the same full loudness level. Finally I've managed to pull the IEMs out of my ears - these were Shure 535 so it took few seconds.

I am surprised this didn't damage my IEMs and my ears and I am very relieved this didn't happen when I wasn't on a crosswalk or anything...

Not sure what to tell you FiiO, but now your bugs are not only embarrassing but also dangerous.

wow. that's ******* up man.

I think what happened here is that the X7 played the line out signal, instead of the headphone out signal.

Jan 3, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #16,129 of 18,020
yep, it sounds like it. But I am positive that the IEMs were plugged in the heapdhones out and not line out. Moreover, I never actually pulled out the IEMs from the amp module, just from my ears. And after reboot everything was normal.

Jan 3, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #16,130 of 18,020
  yep, it sounds like it. But I am positive that the IEMs were plugged in the heapdhones out and not line out. Moreover, I never actually pulled out the IEMs from the amp module, just from my ears. And after reboot everything was normal.

I suspect these intermittent bugs are hard to track down and fix. I've had nothing quite as unpleasant as this on 3.1.1beta, but I have had (on several occasions) the exact opposite, where, after switching headphones, the FiiO music app plays but outputs total silence. Again, this only happens intermittently. Has anybody else noticed this behavior?

Jan 3, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #16,131 of 18,020
just update to fw3.1.1 and now I cannot play some of my music collection with stock fiio player, its just back to player home screen everytime I tap on a song on my library, some will play and some will not play. I am buying all of my music collection from itunes. Please any fix on this?

Quote:

Just find a fix for this, app reset by clearing the fiio music app data will fix this, and now I am in a happy place 
happy_face1.gif

Fiio music player on fw3.1.1 is BROKEN!!..yes I thought I have found a way to fix it by clearing the app data but I was WRONG!!. The problem still exists, I have tried to copy my music library to internal storage but it's still crash to home screen player when I tap a song. It will work at first after clearing the app data and scanning library, but after playing a couple of songs it will crash to fiio music player home screen and the song is not playing. It did not happen with a specific song but it's happened randomly, I hope this will get a fix on the next firmware.

Jan 3, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #16,132 of 18,020
FW 3.1.1.
Today I replaced the micro sd with another containing new songs, and since then Fiio Music started to give me problems that have not yet managed to solve.
In practice, the content scanning has become very slow, but what is most serious is that many, many files are no longer added to the library.
File until yesterday regularly recognized, today are not read.
In particular, some dsd albums can't be played, even navigating in folders.
I tried several times to delete the database, I also tried to delete app data, but it still does not work.
In Android mode, HiByMusic sees and regularly plays content.
Ok, it is a beta, but 2.0 was even worse!
Frankly I start to get nervous, a paperweight from 600 euro!

Jan 3, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #16,133 of 18,020

I am surprised this didn't damage my IEMs and my ears and I am very relieved this didn't happen when I was on a crosswalk ...

Just to clear, this happened after the X7 beeing connected to K5 ?

Regards

Jan 3, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #16,134 of 18,020

I dock my X7 with K5 every single day, and this never happened to me. Are you sure you didn't plug in your headphones into line-out port by mistake (they look identical from the top) ? I did that once, almost lost my head :wink: My experience was exactly as you described. I'm on AM3 and balanced cable now so no more risk for me :D

BTW 3.1.1 beta is the far most unstable X7 firmware I used. Music not playing, FiiO app dropping back to main menu, DAC skipping and popping (common for all 3.x betas, it will skip once every few minutes at random,  no matter if it's connected to USB 2 or 3 port, hub etc), DAC functionality braking (distortion, or no sound at all) after PC was powered down (S4 state - fastboot enabled) and powered back again with X7 connected (Windows 10 Anniversary Update) requires rebooting X7, sometimes multiple times. I hope that the DAC functionality will get back to FW2.0 level before this FW is released as stable.

Jan 3, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #16,135 of 18,020
  I dock my X7 with K5 every single day, and this never happened to me. Are you sure you didn't plug in your headphones into line-out port by mistake (they look identical from the top) ? I did that once, almost lost my head :wink: My experience was exactly as you described. I'm on AM3 and balanced cable now so no more risk for me :D

BTW 3.1.1 beta is the far most unstable X7 firmware I used. Music not playing, FiiO app dropping back to main menu, DAC skipping and popping (common for all 3.x betas, it will skip once every few minutes at random,  no matter if it's connected to USB 2 or 3 port, hub etc), DAC functionality braking (distortion, or no sound at all) after PC was powered down (S4 state - fastboot enabled) and powered back again with X7 connected (Windows 10 Anniversary Update) requires rebooting X7, sometimes multiple times. I hope that the DAC functionality will get back to FW2.0 level before this FW is rele""ased as stable.

"Music not playing, FiiO app dropping back to main menu" that is what happened to me...

Jan 3, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #16,136 of 18,020

"Music not playing, FiiO app dropping back to main menu" that is what happened to me...

Yes, I have the exact same problem you described. It usually starts for me when i try playing something from a playlist. Even with freshly cleared app data, 1-2 tracks from a playlist and it stops working.

Jan 3, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #16,137 of 18,020
Saw the last few comments - and just want to "balance the ledger" - simply to show that the issues some people are having may not necessarily be fw, or may not be happening to everyone.

3.1.1 beta
Cleared media library first
All my files are meticulously tagged - I have a single micro SD - just aac256 files - artwork is embedded (although I may change this and go to folder only if it helps further increase speed.
6650 tracks in library - 6650 tracks found
Scanning took just under 4 minutes - which personally I don't have an issue with - some may find it slow.
Neutron also scans and plays everything - gapless is perfect
Hiby scan was the quickest scanning (about a minute max), but missed around 40 tracks (I'll need to find what and why). Gapless works perfectly, 

With FiiO Music, no crashes so far.  Music plays. So far - everything seems to be working - including gapless (although there is the tiniest skip/pause [microsecond] between some tracks - mostly it isn't noticeable).  In Neutron and Hiby, it is completely seamless.

One bug in FiiO Music - very occasionally (usually from cold start) press play, music shows playing, no output from H/O.  Whenever this has happened - a single reboot fixes it.  Happens maybe 1/10.  Perhaps I'm simply lucky - but no other real issues.

DAC works - Linux - no drop outs / issues.

I wonder for those having issues, maybe first things to check are:
  • Re-download and re-flash firmware
  • Try a new Micro-SD, format inside the player before transferring files
  • Check tags on your music

For my part, I'll try loading multiple formats on a separate card as soon as I get some time - and see if I can reproduce some of the errors some are experiencing.  It would help FiiO (and others) to test if people could leave a little more info - eg:

What types of files you are using : eg if DSD, what type?
What size micro-SD, what brand?
Is music on both internal and external, external only, internal only?
Are there any specific files which are causing issues?
If not scanning everything - can you locate files which have not been scanned - are they specific types, bit-rates, resolutions?

And please be aware - I'm not trying to gloss over or marginalise any issues others have.  Just pointing out it may not be universal.  And before we automatically blame fw - I'd love to see if we can help FiiO narrow things down a bit more.  EG - if DAC issues are Windows only, is it happening to any particular version etc.  If scanning - does formatting inside the X7 universally fix? etc.

Jan 3, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #16,138 of 18,020

something similar happened to me

I had my fiio x7 connected to the fiio a5 which i use for headphone lsitening, after i finished from hearing the heapdphone, then I wanted to use my iem again from the HO of the fiio x7, so  i connected the iem to the single output of the x7 ( while the x7 is still connected to the a5 ) and no sound came so I unplugged the amp and sound then came from fiio x7 at full volume from the single HO of the fiio x7 and I was terrified.

So before I connect my iem to the x7 i always diconnect the fiio x7 form the amp and turn off the fiio x7 and then plug my iem to the x7 

that scenacrio was not on the 3.1.1 beta, i can not remember which beta it was , I do not know if this is still the situation in beta 3.1.1

Jan 3, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #16,140 of 18,020

BTW 3.1.1 beta is the far most unstable X7 firmware I used. Music not playing, FiiO app dropping back to main menu, DAC skipping and popping (common for all 3.x betas, it will skip once every few minutes at random,  no matter if it's connected to USB 2 or 3 port, hub etc), DAC functionality braking (distortion, or no sound at all) after PC was powered down (S4 state - fastboot enabled) and powered back again with X7 connected (Windows 10 Anniversary Update) requires rebooting X7, sometimes multiple times. I hope that the DAC functionality will get back to FW2.0 level before this FW is released as stable.

I am sure it was headphone out. I know because after device restart it behave as expected and I haven't unplugged it in the meantime (in the panic, I only managed to pull it out from my ears and not from the amp module).

I can also confirm "fiio music app stopped working and will be closed" error - which intermittently pops up, and then the fiio music app is restarted (all with 3.1)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back