FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jan 5, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #16,171 of 18,020
  Has anybody figured out a way to get the Android headphone remote volume up/down to work on the X7? I just figured out that my X1 2nd gen can do this!

I would love to know that so I can change the volume with my wired Momentum 2 (android version)

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:40 AM Post #16,172 of 18,020

Good catch - sorry - card was originally formatted inside another FiiO (X5ii) player.  Actually I have no clue how to format from within the X7.  Should probably be something you should be able to do within FiiO Music.

You have to go into android settings under storage and erase the sd card.  That will format it as well.

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #16,173 of 18,020
  You have to go into android settings under storage and erase the sd card.  That will format it as well.

Thanks - I did just try that on a new arrival. Didn't realise it was formatting, although a quick format is the easiest method of "erase all" I guess
smile.gif

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #16,174 of 18,020
  Ok, so when I charge my X7 turned off with the AM1, it charges much quicker with the AM5 also charging and turned off..

anyone else experiencing this??

Dear fezzyness,

So did you charge the X7 when it is out of power at both time? How long is the difference?   

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 5, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #16,175 of 18,020
Yes, it happens on both mode..
The music will start like from 00:02 not from 00:00
It happened to me in firmware 3.09 and 3.1.1
I'm using FLAC and MP3 on both internal and external storage..

It' a great sounding DAP though.. it would be great if the bugs can be fixed

do you personally feel the difference between FLAC and MP3 player on the x7?

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #16,176 of 18,020

Good catch - sorry - card was originally formatted inside another FiiO (X5ii) player.  Actually I have no clue how to format from within the X7.  Should probably be something you should be able to do within FiiO Music.

mine was formatted in the original X5. and I too have no problems with anything SD card related.

meanwhile i have seen numerous reports of people who do have issues when formatting in the X7 itself.

now i wonder if there's different fat16(or was it fat32?) versions (or whatever you may call this).

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #16,177 of 18,020

mine was formatted in the original X5. and I too have no problems with anything SD card related.

meanwhile i have seen numerous reports of people who do have issues when formatting in the X7 itself.

now i wonder if there's different fat16(or was it fat32?) versions (or whatever you may call this).

in what format must be micro SD? in order for the player to see it.

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #16,178 of 18,020
  in what format must be micro SD? in order for the player to see it.

I believe fat16/32 and NTFS work.
don't know about others, I might test it.

Jan 5, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #16,179 of 18,020
[ATTACHMENT=3908]IMG_1004.JPG (1,524k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]
Dear fezzyness,

So did you charge the X7 when it is out of power at both time? How long is the difference?   

Best regards

Yes I did both, the difference is about a few hours, especially when it comes to the last 15% of the charge. This has happened to me multiple times and caused me to switch back to my AM1. I thought it might have been fixed with this firmware but no dice.

Jan 5, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #16,181 of 18,020

We have a something like RFID cards to open our doors. Just getting it near reader opens the lock. And I think you're right about electromagnet lock. In the video X7 stops playing a very little just before the door is open and that is just when electromagnet lock is engaged.

Just mind boggling as to how it causes it to pause... does it cause it to play when paused?

I'm beginning to think it shorts out the connection to the headphone jack maybe?

Hi all, Yes our electromagnetic swipe door releses can also stop the player but only from about a meter
confused.gif
Sorry no photo or video not allowed to take photos where I work
cool.gif

Jan 5, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #16,182 of 18,020
I am finding the fiio music app on most recent fw very unstable. It freezes, stops playing, reboots, locks, whenever it wants to. This morning I also, randomly, got the sudden full volume issue. Now I am warry about using it again....

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #16,183 of 18,020
  ...This morning I also, randomly, got the sudden full volume issue...

Have you connected X7 to an external amp or dock before that? I hope this issue is not so "random", full volume on my IEM can get nasty...

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #16,184 of 18,020

Have you connected X7 to an external amp or dock before that? I hope this issue is not so "random", full volume on my IEM can get nasty...

i think its worth that fiio mentions this as a warning that after you dock your fiio x7 to an amp and then remove it, do not insert an iem immediately to the HO of the x7 otherwise you will be hit with full volume, and that you should restart the dap before  

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #16,185 of 18,020
I am receiving all kinds of odd behavior too. I've already shared my story of full volume. Today I removed the X7 from K5 and on the contrary, the volume was so low it was barely audible..

it got back to normal after I hit +- volume buttons couple of times...so weird..

Also, when I dock X7 into K5, it's usually not recognized on the first attempt as USB DAC. I have to undock and dock again, then it works fine..

*please* give us stable FW already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back