FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jan 5, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #16,186 of 18,020
Can I ask to those who suffer from issues on the latest fw if they used the OTA or the upgrade tool?

And what their previous version was?

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #16,187 of 18,020
  Can I ask to those who suffer from issues on the latest fw if they used the OTA or the upgrade tool?

I'm on 3.1.1 from the last update the week before, downloaded to pc then the players update tool, the Fiio player is quite stable aside fom the known issues, however, Neutron is now very unstable. Unfortunate as its my alternate player app when Fiio will not play an album.

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #16,188 of 18,020
Have you connected X7 to an external amp or dock before that? I hope this issue is not so "random", full volume on my IEM can get nasty...

Nope, don't use a dock. Playing along just fine, then full volume without any input for me (instant full volume) and down volume turned it off, needed a reboot.

My x7 is so buggy it is nearly unusable at this point. I know Brooko commented that his is working well, but mine is just horrible. I find 3.1 much less stable than all the other 3.0.x fw.

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #16,189 of 18,020

I upgraded from 3.0.13 I think (might be wrong) by downloading from my x7 (drop box) and then local update.

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #16,190 of 18,020
I bet my x7 has become unresponsive 1-3 times a day since I upgraded to 3.1.1. Not only that, but between the music app and tidal nothing seems to do what I expect. Fiio app will start playing when tidal is playing or vice versa. Playing Fiio app, press pause and the tidal app starts to play. Then a crash, or the fiio app reboots itself and starts playing a random song I played the first time I tried the 3.1.1 update!

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #16,191 of 18,020
so far i'm more lucky with 3.1.1.
no crashes, no random stops of music
the DAC won't crash anymore when you try to play something it doesn't like (now my computer just pauses play)

Speaking of that last point, @Brooko, could I send you a file, and ask you to play that on your Linux device?
also please tell me what you use exactly to play your music (alsa/pulseaudio, the actual program on top of these, kernel version, etcetera?)

Jan 5, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #16,192 of 18,020
Speaking of that last point, @Brooko, could I send you a file, and ask you to play that on your Linux device?
also please tell me what you use exactly to play your music (alsa/pulseaudio, the actual program on top of these, kernel version, etcetera?)

Sure thing - PM the link to download.  I use Mint KDE - so usual alsa/pulseaudio combo.  I tend to default everything to 16/48 (works better for measurement software I use), and for actual listening I use JRiver's Media Center 21for Linux (paid copy).  Works brilliantly - and I liked the ease of use better than most native solutions.

Many moons ago I used to run a bare bones Debian build, with kernel and a lot of the programmes self-compiled.  Nowadays I don't have the time - so reverted to something more vanilla.

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #16,193 of 18,020

Sure thing - PM the link to download.  I use Mint KDE - so usual alsa/pulseaudio combo.  I tend to default everything to 16/48 (works better for measurement software I use), and for actual listening I use JRiver's Media Center 21for Linux (paid copy).  Works brilliantly - and I liked the ease of use better than most native solutions.

Many moons ago I used to run a bare bones Debian build, with kernel and a lot of the programmes self-compiled.  Nowadays I don't have the time - so reverted to something more vanilla.

what version of the linux kernel do you run? I believe `uname -r` can show you that.
I will now send you a link to them, thanks :)

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #16,194 of 18,020
  what version of the linux kernel do you run? I believe `uname -r` can show you that.
I will now send you a link to them, thanks :)

I'm running a fairly old stable kernel - 3.19.0-32-generic

Jan 6, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #16,196 of 18,020
Jan 6, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #16,198 of 18,020
Jan 6, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #16,199 of 18,020
Hey, I'm back with "magick" X7 who sniffs all the waves an vibes in the world.

As we were talking about some tests I made a couple. Also worth mentioning, my daily basis headphones for music are Meze 99 Classics with In-line remote on the cable.

-X7 has enabled [In-line remote] but it's disconnected from USB port. The result is that it did not pause when people were using the electro-magnet lock in the door. But also I must say that there were a lot less of these "usings" as 2 of my colleagues were working from home.

-X7 has disabled [In-line remote] and it is connected to USB port for charging purposes. The result is that also did not pause playing when people were going in and out of the room engaging e-m lock. But again, I don't know how reliable is this test because like I said there were much less test instances.

I will monitor that and if anything come to clear I will let you know, of course if you are interested.

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #16,200 of 18,020
  Hey, I'm back with "magick" X7 who sniffs all the waves an vibes in the world.

As we were talking about some tests I made a couple. Also worth mentioning, my daily basis headphones for music are Meze 99 Classics with In-line remote on the cable.

-X7 has enabled [In-line remote] but it's disconnected from USB port. The result is that it did not pause when people were using the electro-magnet lock in the door. But also I must say that there were a lot less of these "usings" as 2 of my colleagues were working from home.

-X7 has disabled [In-line remote] and it is connected to USB port for charging purposes. The result is that also did not pause playing when people were going in and out of the room engaging e-m lock. But again, I don't know how reliable is this test because like I said there were much less test instances.

I will monitor that and if anything come to clear I will let you know, of course if you are interested.

X7 was in a "Yes Day" on the unpredictable mystical world of electro-magnetism. I once said X7 has a will of its own, we must agree its everything less "boring", right? 
smile.gif

For now working great and no (major) issues with latest beta 3.1.1, only had the problem of FiiO app crashing once, fixed with a factory reset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back