FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Nov 23, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #15,331 of 18,019
FiiO beta testers, you that know more than most of people here (like me), please drop a few words of encouragement...

You guys know I'm the unrealistic optimist, even so my faith shakes when I realize latest beta firmware is unable to play songs properly from 0:00 second... I believe a lot of beautiful things are being done, please don't loose focus on what's essential.

December is almost here and I find my "lack of faith disturbing" (Darth Vader) :)

Remeber a couple months back Fiio saying fw upgrade to fix problems in 30 days? I piped up saying we have already heard that 2 or 3 times from them. Then Fiio promised it would be 30 days. Well, nothing so far and it must be at least 2 or 3 months later. I am guessing Fiio bit off more than they can chew.

I would think even the most ardent of FiiO supporters would have to concede to that last statement by now.

Nov 23, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #15,332 of 18,019
I'm surprised that Fiio's participation, in this thread, has significantly decreased. Maybe they're working on the X7 2nd gen and making believe that this is all just a bad dream.
blink.gif
Step it up Fiio, you're losing a lot of the credibility. 

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #15,333 of 18,019
  Hey again !

You know , using a separate amp like the new A5 , would give you the longest playback with both !

Buying the am5 or the a5 for 20 dollars more ...

Installing the no amp module that is smaller means also that the x7 stacks perfectly with the a5 , using velcro over stickers !

So..... Thoughts ? 

I use AM3. It sounds great but yesterday I tried LO to E12, and found it sounds absolutely gorgeous especially the sound stage. Now I am hesitating in returning my AM3 module if they accepts my return. This makes me wonder why bother purchasing those amping modules. The benefits I see are integration and balanced out when compared with E12.

Nov 24, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #15,334 of 18,019

I use AM3. It sounds great but yesterday I tried LO to E12, and found it sounds absolutely gorgeous especially the sound stage. Now I am hesitating in returning my AM3 module if they accepts my return. This makes me wonder why bother purchasing those amping modules. The benefits I see are integration and balanced out when compared with E12.

If I'm not mistaken I was listening E12 or E18 in the shop, and I made A\B comparison with ALO Rx (last iem nickel version). Alo beats it easily hands down as well as many other amps. I had no chance to audition AM modules, but you kind of make me calmed down))
Though, it is not very comfortable to have sandwich, but sound is the priority, so it is fine) 

Nov 24, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #15,335 of 18,019
Thank you Joseph and Ru !

I can buy the no amp module package with the x7 , which I will get .
Wondering if my e12 that I bought to go with my old x5 will be on par with the new A5 ? I've heard something about the sound signature of the E12 to some people is prefered over the A5  , I should compare for myself , to thine own self be true , right ?!!

Again if it sounds great and looks good stacked , the playtime will be fantastic !

On a different note , I understand Fiio's thinking of the power input and headphone out through the modules , which was never an obligation but a marketing scheme ....

Well , whatever , the sound is out of this world with the X7 , even with google play problems , which I do hope they straighten out , but I'm still getting it !

So , E12 or A5 ? ..... Thoughts ?

Nov 24, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #15,337 of 18,019
  I'm surprised that Fiio's participation, in this thread, has significantly decreased. Maybe they're working on the X7 2nd gen and making believe that this is all just a bad dream.
blink.gif
Step it up Fiio, you're losing a lot of the credibility. 

Untill now I didn't really agree with the complaints as I was happy with the way the X7 functioned for me and I had faith that Fiio would solve the software issues that I thought were not so important to me. I've had the Google Play thing in FW2 and I've tried all the betas, but the software isn't getting any better (artwork comes and goes
confused.gif
) and now I'm worried if they can manage to solve this. Besides this I'm enjoying the sound qualitity of the X7 every day, so I'm hoping for the best. A comforting word from Fiio would be welcome though....

Nov 24, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #15,338 of 18,019
Untill now I didn't really agree with the complaints as I was happy with the way the X7 functioned for me and I had faith that Fiio would solve the software issues that I thought were not so important to me. I've had the Google Play thing in FW2 and I've tried all the betas, but the software isn't getting any better (artwork comes and goes :confused: ) and now I'm worried if they can manage to solve this. Besides this I'm enjoying the sound qualitity of the X7 every day, so I'm hoping for the best. A comforting word from Fiio would be welcome though....

I absolutely agree, some FiiO comment is really expected. There is no meaningful FiiO posting on here or on the official FiiO.net forum where not even a blatant advertisement for iPhone 6s cases is challenged by the moderators. We seemed to have moved a long way from the days when insightful and regular updates from Joe Bloggs were the norm.

Nov 24, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #15,339 of 18,019
  Thank you Joseph and Ru !

I can buy the no amp module package with the x7 , which I will get .
Wondering if my e12 that I bought to go with my old x5 will be on par with the new A5 ? I've heard something about the sound signature of the E12 to some people is prefered over the A5  , I should compare for myself , to thine own self be true , right ?!!

Again if it sounds great and looks good stacked , the playtime will be fantastic !

On a different note , I understand Fiio's thinking of the power input and headphone out through the modules , which was never an obligation but a marketing scheme ....

Well , whatever , the sound is out of this world with the X7 , even with google play problems , which I do hope they straighten out , but I'm still getting it !

So , E12 or A5 ? ..... Thoughts ?

I have both the e12 and the A5.

I think it would depend on a few things as to why you might want one over the other.
With headphones that are on the warm and thicker side of things I would suggest the E12.
If on the other hand you have brighter cans or evenly balanced, then the A5 might suit that situation better.

Because of the e12’s lean signature it can seem faster and more punchy.
With big power hungry cans I feel the E12 could be a better choice because of the previous thought and slightly more power.
The E12’s bass boost is more useable than the over the top A5’s.
It could be partly because the E12 response rolls slightly down at the bass end of things and I believe the boost is less pronounced on the e12, so that means less bloat overall.

Having said all that - the A5 is among the best amps I have heard. Clean and quiet, balanced and it gets out of the way.

It does outclass the E12 with iems and having the ability to switch between lo and hi gain without some implement is a beautiful thing.
It plays well with my 400i  and Dunu 2000 and any others I throw at it.
But the bass boost is useless for me - not that I would want to boost the Dunu but the E12 pushing the 400i is really nice with the boost on quite a lot of material.

Fit and finish ..eh well I prefer the E12. The knob from the E12 is on the A5 until I find something better.

If I had to choose one - the A5 wins because it plays very well with both iems and larger power hungry cans…and it has the exposed hi lo switch.
Since I listen through that rig with both iems and over ears its an easy choice.
I keep it attached to the X7 (ampless module), with double sided clear tape.

Nov 24, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #15,340 of 18,019
I absolutely agree, some FiiO comment is really expected. There is no meaningful FiiO posting on here or on the official FiiO.net forum where not even a blatant advertisement for iPhone 6s cases is challenged by the moderators. We seemed to have moved a long way from the days when insightful and regular updates from Joe Bloggs were the norm.

Your are right! Come back, Joe!
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #15,341 of 18,019

Your are right! Come back, Joe!:D

I can't say anything on their behalf anymore since I'm no longer part of the team :frowning2:

C'mon "FiiO USA" there are more urgent matters here to tend to than the Black Friday sale unless you'll be selling them at the price of paperweights :frowning2:

At least I can go sound the alarm at my former coworkers? :blink:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 24, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #15,342 of 18,019
keep pushing out products fiio and ignore all our complains. that is just amazing

I wish to read one post addressing the real issue, Honestly I wish i can make a paypal claim now.

you sold a device that on its original firmware does not work anymore, and not one word from you to hint at least you are addressing this

Nov 24, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #15,343 of 18,019
FiiO X7 MP4 32GB Titanium - MP3/MP4 players (MP4, Flash-media, Titanium, USB 2.0, Android, TFT) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017HEJSYK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_37TnybD83NTQZ

Anybody in the UK? Quick quick lightning deal £353 for the X7!

Nov 24, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #15,344 of 18,019
https://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-X7-MP4-32GB-Titanium/dp/B017HEJSYK/ref=gbps_tit_m-8_0379_87f7818c?smid=A3OX2K9JAC8M3M&pf_rd_p=da377d28-33c6-480f-ab54-dc9e18a60379&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=161428031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=QS8CFXYSRCCD16H0PAK8

Amazon UK Black Friday bargain.  Only 22 minutes left.  85% claimed

£353 reduced from £499

Users who are viewing this thread

Back