FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Nov 23, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #15,316 of 18,020
that's it for me as well, I am done with Fiio

when it comes to big issues we see no response from them as if we were talking to not the company

how come a device that is sold with an official firmware suddenly becomes not usable, and Fiio simply ignores to even to shed some light or at least say they are looking into it

I simply do not want my dap to be on this beta firmware

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #15,317 of 18,020

when it comes to big issues we see no response from them as if we were talking to not the company

how come a device that is sold with an official firmware suddenly becomes not usable, and Fiio simply ignores to even to shed some light or at least say they are looking into it

your player has problems in operation?

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #15,318 of 18,020
  your player has problems in operation?

​well one firmware 2 nothing works anymore this google error message keeps popping up every dam second

i tired reseting it, and clearing dalvik cache an everything else you can think of

i am not a newbie when it comes to android but this google error defeated me

Nov 23, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #15,320 of 18,020

I solved my google play services issue, fw 2 works ok now. Not sure why you can't solve the issue.

That being said, when my X7 is done and it is time to buy a new player, Fiio will not be on my short list.

Nov 23, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #15,321 of 18,020
I only want fiio X7 for music so I installed spotify manually (downloaded the .apk to the internal memory) avoiding the google play store and the google services problem. 

So far I have had these dap's: 

Fiio X3 original: The most unusable button interface ever conceived
iBasso DX90: random drop outs (common problem)
Fiio X3 II: No problems
iBasso DX80: battery drain problem, sent to repair (common problem)
Fiio X7: google services error (common problem) 

mad.gif

Nov 23, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #15,322 of 18,020
  I solved my google play services issue, fw 2 works ok now. Not sure why you can't solve the issue.

That being said, when my X7 is done and it is time to buy a new player, Fiio will not be on my short list.

​well it started when I updated neutron and other music apps from playstore and that was on firmware 2 and the dap went nuts

so I tried every possible solution to fix google error but nothing worked, so I said lets try beta firmware and then I downgrade from there, but that did not work either

I am speechless now as to how this is happening, as I was happy on firmware 2 and having v4a and neutron

Nov 23, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #15,323 of 18,020

​well it started when I updated neutron and other music apps from playstore and that was on firmware 2 and the dap went nuts

so I tried every possible solution to fix google error but nothing worked, so I said lets try beta firmware and then I downgrade from there, but that did not work either

I am speechless now as to how this is happening, as I was happy on firmware 2 and having v4a and neutron

I disabled and/or uninstalled everything google play related. Seems to have worked for me. Also might consider getting neutron through the marketplace, which I don't think will use play services.

Nov 23, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #15,324 of 18,020
  I disabled and/or uninstalled everything google play related. Seems to have worked for me. Also might consider getting neutron through the marketplace, which I don't think will use play services.

But that's not really solution, is it? It means you can't use any app located in the google store... it was a feature advertised by FiiO to work. And it doesn't. And it's been a year now..

Nov 23, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #15,325 of 18,020
FiiO beta testers, you that know more than most of people here (like me), please drop a few words of encouragement...

You guys know I'm the unrealistic optimist, even so my faith shakes when I realize latest beta firmware is unable to play songs properly from 0:00 second... I believe a lot of beautiful things are being done, please don't loose focus on what's essential.

December is almost here and I find my "lack of faith disturbing" (Darth Vader) :)

Nov 23, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #15,326 of 18,020

neutron in fiio store is trial version I assume

Nov 23, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #15,327 of 18,020
Hello ALL !!!

Recently purchased the X7 combination with the AM5  , sounds absolutely supreme with my   AH-D600  . One of the threads on the player itself was missing , so having to return the whole thing . Also was not happy with playtime with AM5  .
Has anyone tried the X7 with the new A5 amp ???????? Any and all thoughts would be really appreciated !!!!

frank

I just got my AM5 too! Haha no problems removing the screws. I'm absolutely loving the sound and clarity. With the AM1 my th-x00's were a bit lacking in the mid range but surprisingly it's brought it forward, I didn't expect that. Very happy :)

One thing though, does anyone using their x7 in DAC mode find that they're battery % is falling??

I plugged mine in at 50% in DAC and after a few hours it's at 25%

Nov 23, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #15,328 of 18,020
Hello ALL !!!

Has anyone tried the X7 with the new A5 amp(not the AM5) ???????? Any and all thoughts would be really appreciated !!!!

frank

PS., would be using the little no amping module .

Thank you !

Nov 23, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #15,329 of 18,020
Hey again !

You know , using a separate amp like the new A5 , would give you the longest playback with both !

Buying the am5 or the a5 for 20 dollars more ...

Installing the no amp module that is smaller means also that the x7 stacks perfectly with the a5 , using velcro over stickers !

So..... Thoughts ? 

Nov 23, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #15,330 of 18,020
FiiO beta testers, you that know more than most of people here (like me), please drop a few words of encouragement...

You guys know I'm the unrealistic optimist, even so my faith shakes when I realize latest beta firmware is unable to play songs properly from 0:00 second... I believe a lot of beautiful things are being done, please don't loose focus on what's essential.

December is almost here and I find my "lack of faith disturbing" (Darth Vader) :)

Remeber a couple months back Fiio saying fw upgrade to fix problems in 30 days? I piped up saying we have already heard that 2 or 3 times from them. Then Fiio promised it would be 30 days. Well, nothing so far and it must be at least 2 or 3 months later. I am guessing Fiio bit off more than they can chew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back