FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jul 13, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #13,188 of 18,020
New issue. Plug the power in when playing, my X7 shuts off. Anyone have this? Don't recall it happening on older FW.

Are you talking about plugging into a lap-top / PC or into a walwart (USB adaptor)?

I just tried it with mine.  Its working properly. 

Jul 13, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #13,189 of 18,020
I have gapless on too and I am pretty sure it is doing nothing.

Quote:
  Gapless play doesn't work after fw 2.0 update. What the…? Oh come on Fiio! Give us an update which fixes bugs, not adds ones. Honestly I don't understand why 2.0 firmware came out as it is so poor. I have more troubles with X7 now than I had before. Hope Fiio is aware of gapless play issue.

Hi. 

Actually, we didn't make any changes on Gapless feature for latest firmware FW2.0.
The same files can be played seamlessly on the previous firmware FW1.8 or FW1.91? Could you please send some relevant files to us for testing? We just want to confirm the problem firstly. If you are convenient, you may provide the download link for files for me by the private message. :)

We will fix it by future update if the this issue indeed exists. So pls don't worry. 

Jul 14, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #13,190 of 18,020
Hi. 

Actually, we didn't make any changes on Gapless feature for latest firmware FW2.0.
The same files can be played seamlessly on the previous firmware FW1.8 or FW1.91? Could you please send some relevant files to us for testing? We just want to confirm the problem firstly. If you are convenient, you may provide the download link for files for me by the private message. :)

We will fix it by future update if the this issue indeed exists. So pls don't worry. 

Hi Fiio,

I also have the same problem with gapless. But in my experience it seems to be worse with apple lossless and wav is fine. Can you try some ALAC to see if you can replicate the issue.

Cheers

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #13,191 of 18,020
is there a reason gapless isn't on by default? (on 1.81) the setting resets to default (gapless off) after reboot or restart of app. don't know if this happens on 2.0 as of yet, for the simple reason that right now i have no reason to upgrade.

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #13,192 of 18,020
  i respect FIIO as a company, and seriously if you can test maybe some cases or design your own case that can lower the RF interference it would be awesome

also please try to help us with google error message as what you posted as a solution is not working

Hi, Sound Eq.

As for the Google service error message, you already tried the following steps?
1) Go to Settings->Apps then swipe left to the "All" list
2) Locate and click the "Google Play Store"
3) Click the "Force Stop" button then the "Clear data" button
4) Restart the X7

Or you also have tried to wipe the data & cache following the instructions from this link: click here, but it still can not help?

Looking forward to your feedback. 

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #13,193 of 18,020
  Hi. 

Hi Fiio-Shadow,

yes the same files worked well on previous FWs. Using AIFF files but as I see from other posts other formats are efected as well. I tried turn gapless play on/off (many times) and did factory reset. Still doesn't work...

Jul 14, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #13,194 of 18,020
Hi, Sound Eq.

4) Restart the X7

Or you also have tried to wipe the data & cache following the instructions from this link: click here, but it still can not help?

I have tried both solutions repeatedly without any success.

Jul 14, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #13,195 of 18,020

Hi, Sound Eq.

4) Restart the X7

Greetings

Yes I tried both solutions many many times and still the error message pops up

Jul 14, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #13,196 of 18,020
i have audeze sine and with x7+AM2 its loud enough, for me i play it at vol 90 high gain. and based on this spec, the audeze sine will run optimal with 500mW-1W output power. and the question is, do i have to switch to AM5?? has anyone tried with sine?? eventhough its portable on ear in fact its kinda hard to drive. due to the battery life im still considering getting the AM5

here's the spec of sine
Transducer size80 x 70mm
Max power handling6W
Sound pressure level>120dB
Frequency response10Hz – 50kHz
THD<1% full spectrum @ 100dB
Impedance20 ohms
Optimal power requirement500mW – 1W

Jul 14, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #13,197 of 18,020
i have audeze sine and with x7+AM2 its loud enough, for me i play it at vol 90 high gain. and based on this spec, the audeze sine will run optimal with 500mW-1W output power. and the question is, do i have to switch to AM5?? has anyone tried with sine?? eventhough its portable on ear in fact its kinda hard to drive. due to the battery life im still considering getting the AM5

here's the spec of sine

Transducer size80 x 70mm
Max power handling6W
Impedance20 ohms
[tr] [/tr]

Dude, 90/120 on high gain with sine is insanely loud.

Jul 14, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #13,198 of 18,020

here's the spec of sine
Transducer size80 x 70mm
Max power handling6W
Impedance20 ohms

I have the Sine and AM5 and it sounds pretty optimal to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back