FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jul 14, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #13,202 of 18,019
Hi. 

Actually, we didn't make any changes on Gapless feature for latest firmware FW2.0.
The same files can be played seamlessly on the previous firmware FW1.8 or FW1.91? Could you please send some relevant files to us for testing? We just want to confirm the problem firstly. If you are convenient, you may provide the download link for files for me by the private message. :)

We will fix it by future update if the this issue indeed exists. So pls don't worry. 

Gapless playback doesn't work for me 90% of the time - with any of the files in my nearly 200 Gb collection. These are mostly redbook FLAC, some AAC, some MP3, some hi-res FLAC. All of my music has embedded artwork and/or a cover.jpg file in the FLAC directories. Could that be an issue? Please pm me if you'd like some sample files to show this problem and I'll send you a Dropbox link.

I really like the volume control in the FiiO music app (and now find myself trying to swipe up and down on the right side of the screen while using Rocket Player!). Unfortunately, the FiiO music app seems to be pretty fussy about file and directory formats. It can't handle Mac OS X hidden files. It can't handle periods after track numbers:

It also manages to lose the track number display during play back:

Rocket Player has none of these issues - no special restrictions on files, no volume jump 10 s after plugging in your headphones, and gapless playback works properly 100% of the time. It would be great if we could get these issues fixed in the FiiO music app?!

P.S. One more thing! When using Rocket Player, the cover art displays on the lock screen :)

Jul 14, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #13,203 of 18,019
What kind of charging adapter are you using? And could you try to charge the X7 with the computer via USB and see if the problem will still happen? 

Ok. I'll try and report back.

Are you talking about plugging into a lap-top / PC or into a walwart (USB adaptor)?

I just tried it with mine.  Its working properly. 

Walwart. Same one I always use.

Jul 14, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #13,204 of 18,019
Have you tried it with AM2?? Im still considering AM5, should i get AM5 or stick with AM2

I though you answered your own question here:
  i have audeze sine and with x7+AM2 its loud enough

I never used AM2, only AM1 and I went straight to AM5, so I don't know much about AM2. However, if you feel you need more power get AM5.

Jul 14, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #13,205 of 18,019
Does anyone have issue with side button?? I use default button mapping. It happened 3 times already. When i press play button to pause the track, suddenly it shows only black screen. I can do nothing, press play nothing changes. I wait for a minute, press power button for about 3 secs, then the blackscreen shows backlight only, no fiio splash screen just like when boot up. And then i can access it again. Im on android mode and using jetaudio

Jul 14, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #13,206 of 18,019
I though you answered your own question here:

I never used AM2, only AM1 and I went straight to AM5, so I don't know much about AM2. However, if you feel you need more power get AM5.

Yeah its loud enough, thats why im asking. Because the audeze says the optimal power requirement for sine is 500mW-1W. Maybe anyone here has tried sine both with AM2 ad AM5

Jul 14, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #13,207 of 18,019
Really?? That's how i listen my sine with lol
And on what volume do you listen to sine?? What module do you use?? Im currently using AM2

Can't recall with the sine - haven't used it in a while. With AM5 I am about 75 with my T1.2, 50 with LCDXC, and 60 with LCD2. AM2 numbers were a tad higher - maybe an extra 5-10 ticks at most. I bet you are in the 90-100 dB range with your sines at 90, with peaks even higher!

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #13,209 of 18,019
Gapless playback doesn't work for me 90% of the time - with any of the files in my nearly 200 Gb collection. These are mostly redbook FLAC, some AAC, some MP3, some hi-res FLAC. All of my music has embedded artwork and/or a cover.jpg file in the FLAC directories. Could that be an issue? Please pm me if you'd like some sample files to show this problem and I'll send you a Dropbox link.

I really like the volume control in the FiiO music app (and now find myself trying to swipe up and down on the right side of the screen while using Rocket Player!). Unfortunately, the FiiO music app seems to be pretty fussy about file and directory formats. It can't handle Mac OS X hidden files. It can't handle periods after track numbers:

Rocket Player has none of these issues - no special restrictions on files, no volume jump 10 s after plugging in your headphones, and gapless playback works properly 100% of the time. It would be great if we could get these issues fixed in the FiiO music app?!

P.S. One more thing! When using Rocket Player, the cover art displays on the lock screen :)

I play directly from playlist, and i have this issue too:

BONUS: (#EXT3MU showing up as a track, of course unplayable)

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #13,210 of 18,019
Can't recall with the sine - haven't used it in a while. With AM5 I am about 75 with my T1.2, 50 with LCDXC, and 60 with LCD2. AM2 numbers were a tad higher - maybe an extra 5-10 ticks at most. I bet you are in the 90-100 dB range with your sines at 90, with peaks even higher!

Yeah i guess i like it loud lol. And btw how's the battery life with am5??

Tried rocketplayer, i guess its perfect for me. Tagged lyrics(checked), m3u support(checked), nice ui(checked), album artwork on lockscreen(checked), dynamic playlist(checked), resume when left off after reboot(checked). Its great app :D

Jul 14, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #13,211 of 18,019
Noticed another bug since I upgraded to 2.0. In addition to my volume jumping up ~2-3 min into the first song I play after powering up (almost as if going from low to high gain), I noticed today that the last song I listened to before powering up, started playing in the background of the current song I am listening to. I am in Pure Music mode, so its not another app playing the music. If I scroll the top of the screen down, it displays the album art for the song playing in the background. Anyone seen either of these bugs?
Cheers!

Jul 14, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #13,212 of 18,019
Anyone tried DSD 128 with the new FW? Does it work now?

I have some dsd 128 tracks it plays, some it doesn't. Nothing changed in FW 2.0 on that.

So I wonder if it's related more with the tracks than with X7, I give FiiO the benefit of doubt...

But one thing I can say, X7 is a great sounding player overall, in HD tracks it's terrific!

Jul 15, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #13,215 of 18,019

Hi, haiku.

To be honest, we already found a few DSD128 files (just some, not all the DSD128) can not play properly on the X7 running FW2.0, and they may stutter when playing. 
Sorry for this bug, and we will try to fix it as soon as possible. 

Okay. Thanks for the update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back