FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jul 13, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #13,171 of 18,020
Sorry quoted the wrong person
tongue.gif

Have you tried putting the leather case on?? In opus thread there are people who had RF interference, use the leather case seems solved the problem

Ah ah ... That also occurred me but I was afraid of posting ... 
redface.gif
 ... I have the leather case and no interferences, everything helps I guess.

Regards

Jul 13, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #13,172 of 18,020
i tired 75Ω Ohm Convertor adapter with my empire ears and am3 but it changed how my empire ears sounded negatively

it reduced the rf interference a bit

Jul 13, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #13,173 of 18,020

Hello,

Yes, WiFi and BT are always disabled because I'm using Pure Music mode exclusively. After flashing FW 2.0 I didn't run X7 on Android mode even once.

And regarding the noise and screen corelation, indeed when screen is on and the progress bar is going onward with music progress the noise is more audible. When I turns screen off, and music plays, the noise is a little lesser, that is true, I noticed it yesterday. But again, On AM2 background is almost inaudible either with screen on and off.

Like I said I need to find another AM3 unit to compare.

Hi, Coyotex83.

Firstly thanks for your sharing the test result about your AM3 with us.

Kindly be noted that, the IC used on the module AM3 more easily gets EMI interference from wireless devices,such as the router or your phone. But based on the advantage brought by the OPA1611, we can not find other chip to replace it temporarily. Because it will influence the whole sound style. Therefore, we decide to keep using OPA1611 for the AM3. 

Actully, we already took some mensure to improve the interference noise. And now, the noise level drops to about 10uV.
Ok, we have to admit that, the noise level on the AM2 is lower, and about 6uV.  However, pls be noted that, the ouptut level of the AM3 is about 4.5V, which is higher than AM2( about 3.1V).  It is not easy to get the low noise level when the ouptut level is comparatively high. 

Anyway, we will also keep making more tests, and hope find a better way to lower the interference noise on the AM3 further. 

If there is any feedback, pls let us know. 
normal_smile .gif

Jul 13, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #13,175 of 18,020

Hi, Coyotex83.

Firstly thanks for your sharing the test result about your AM3 with us.

Kindly be noted that, the IC used on the module AM3 more easily gets EMI interference from wireless devices,such as the router or your phone. But based on the advantage brought by the OPA1611, we can not find other chip to replace it temporarily. Because it will influence the whole sound style. Therefore, we decide to keep using OPA1611 for the AM3. 

Actully, we already took some mensure to improve the interference noise. And now, the noise level drops to about 10uV.
Ok, we have to admit that, the noise level on the AM2 is lower, and about 6uV.  However, pls be noted that, the ouptut level of the AM3 is about 4.5V, which is higher than AM2( about 3.1V).  It is not easy to get the low noise level when the ouptut level is comparatively high. 

Anyway, we will also keep making more tests, and hope find a better way to lower the interference noise on the AM3 further. 

If there is any feedback, pls let us know. 
normal_smile%20.gif

i respect FIIO as a company, and seriously if you can test maybe some cases or design your own case that can lower the RF interference it would be awesome

also please try to help us with google error message as what you posted as a solution is not working

Jul 13, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #13,178 of 18,020
  Hi

What module would be best for a set of Audioquest Nighthawk headphones? I have the AM1 at the moment.

Regards

Darren

The AM2 would work well. It delivers on the bass, transparency and power. A good even amp. 

Jul 13, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #13,179 of 18,020
Gapless play doesn't work after fw 2.0 update. What the…? Oh come on Fiio! Give us an update which fixes bugs, not adds ones. Honestly I don't understand why 2.0 firmware came out as it is so poor. I have more troubles with X7 now than I had before. Hope Fiio is aware of gapless play issue.

Jul 13, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #13,180 of 18,020
  Gapless play doesn't work after fw 2.0 update. What the…? Oh come on Fiio! Give us an update which fixes bugs, not adds ones. Honestly I don't understand why 2.0 firmware came out as it is so poor. I have more troubles with X7 now than I had before. Hope Fiio is aware of gapless play issue.

Try going into settings and turning it back on.  The fw upgrade probably set the gapless playback to off again.  Turn it on - and it works - or at least it is working perfectly here.

PS - before making a big call about FiiO breaking something like this - I always find it best to troubleshoot first - as its often something simple.  If you're not sure how to turn the feature on - let me know and I can walk you through it. ​

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #13,182 of 18,020
I have gapless on too and I am pretty sure it is doing nothing.

I have this problem too, but it seems to be intermittent. Turning gapless off and on again (and rebooting) hasn't fixed it. I suspect it's some kind of buffer issue, because if I rewind by going back to the last 10 s of the previous track that was just played, most of the time it will then run seamlessly into the next track. Otherwise, I get a gap.

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #13,183 of 18,020
I should add - I'm using aac256 files (I can check with FLAC later) - Pink Floyd - gapless is working seamlessly.

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #13,185 of 18,020
  Get 50% off of FiiO X7 modules.

To show our appreciation to our loyal customers who purchased the X7(with AM1 version), our flagship digital audio player, we will provide them a chance to buy one of the currently released FiiO X7 amp modules at 50% off the retail price.
wink_face.gif

Please kindly note this promotion is not available for all the users all over the world, it is only available in these country so far:United States, Canada, Poland, Romania, The Republic of Belarus, South Korea, Netherlands, Malaysia, Indonesia, France, Sweden, Denmark, United Kingdom, Mexico, New Zealand, Czech Republic,Chile, Brazil,
Belgium,Portugal,Australia,Columbia.

We are still consulting with our local sales agents on the local laws in other countries; Update will be added here from time to time.

Please kindly understand that not all the countries will be involved, different country has its own laws, regulations and national conditions.Please kindly understand we FiiO should respect our local sales channels, laws and regulations, and the opinion of our local sales agent etc. To run such activity, we should listen to the opinions of local sales agent and its resellers. If it might bring inconveniences to their marketing system, we do respect their decision. So if it’s not available to your country, we hope you can show some understanding to us, thanks in advance.

How does one qualify for this special discount?
---- As long as you have bought one X7 (bundling with the AM1) at local sales agents in above mentioned countries/areas.

If you are qualified, you can kindly email the following information to market@fiio.net

1. Your X7’s Anti-counterfeiting code (on the Package)
Or the Photo of Serial Number on your X7
  1. Your desired amp module
  2. Shipping information including your full address, full name, phone number and your paypal contact address.

After we checked your info, we will send you a direct Paypal Invoice to facilitate the transaction.

Conditions:
  • This promotion is only available for X7 with AM1 version’s customers.
  • Please kindly note the modules will be arranged for you from China within one week. Canadian users 's order will be handled by our local sole distributor directly.
  • For those models are out of stock ,we will collect your information first ,once it is ready for shipping , we will send you a direct Paypal Invoice to finish the order.
  • FiiO will notify you your tracking number within one week.
  • The Paypal method of purchasing will be used temporarily and in the event we find a better method to facilitate transactions, we may alter the promotion rules. Please like our FiiO Facebook page to keep track of latest news and updates.
  • X7 Customers are limited to purchasing one module for each X7 (as identified by your serial number)
  • For the users would like to purchase or have purchased the modules, your order will be sent out to you via parcel post which will probably cost you 15-30 days.
  • FiiO reserves the right to amend and change the rules of this promotion at any time.

AM2,AM3,AM5 and AM0 are available for the "Get 50% off of FiiO X7 modules."

For the users would like to purchase or have purchased the modules, your order will be sent out to you via parcel post which will probably cost you 15-30 days.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back