FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jul 12, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #13,141 of 18,020
i removed a lot of system files, applications, put the device in airplane mode, and use it in pure music mode.

i uninstalled everything because they can still potentially run as background processes (especially GAPPS)

Can you tell me what you did mate?? I installed kingroot and also grenify, disable autostart for most of unneeded apps, and still the stand by time isnt so great, in approximately 12 hours it loses almost 10%. My phone could do better. Maybe there are system apps that keeps draining the battery even in stand by mode

Jul 12, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #13,142 of 18,020
Can you tell me what you did mate?? I installed kingroot and also grenify, disable autostart for most of unneeded apps, and still the stand by time isnt so great, in approximately 12 hours it loses almost 10%. My phone could do better. Maybe there are system apps that keeps draining the battery even in stand by mode

why exactly do you need 12+ hours of standby time?

also, i never said it increases battery life.

Jul 12, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #13,144 of 18,020
Its easier to wake it up than to turn it on, it takes time. Just like ipod. Im just wondering why it takes so much battery even when it does nothing. Maybe you can tell me which gapps that's safe to be uninstalled

the below images shows all apps and services i have not removed. if anything stops working on your device it is your own responsibility. not mine, not FiiO's either. (note: i can not show you from the uninstall app, as i removed kingroot, and the uninstall app itself)

Jul 12, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #13,145 of 18,020
If you don't want to remove apps from your rooted X7 you can use for example Titanium Backup to freeze apps. They are still there but won't run in the background then.

Jul 12, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #13,146 of 18,020
Its easier to wake it up than to turn it on, it takes time. Just like ipod. Im just wondering why it takes so much battery even when it does nothing. Maybe you can tell me which gapps that's safe to be uninstalled

Probably in standby the amp is still drawing power...

Jul 12, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #13,147 of 18,020
If you don't want to remove apps from your rooted X7 you can use for example Titanium Backup to freeze apps. They are still there but won't run in the background then.

That's nice suggestion, i'll try that. Thanks mate :D

Probably in standby the amp is still drawing power...

Yeah, and itsnt supposed to do so. Maybe fiio guys FiiO JamesFiiO can improve the firmware so there's no power drawing when in stand by mode. Opus implemented it that way, it has great hibernation. And i guess its not hard for fiio :D

Jul 12, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #13,148 of 18,020

the below images shows all apps and services i have not removed. if anything stops working on your device it is your own responsibility. not mine, not FiiO's either. (note: i can not show you from the uninstall app, as i removed kingroot, and the uninstall app itself)

You shouldn't have mentioned, what you did, if you didn't want to get questions. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 12, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #13,149 of 18,020
Hello all. Been searching this thread and have not seen anything about volume level changing on its own. Lately (after 2.0 upgrade) the first song I play after turning on the X7 seems to be playing just fine, then 2 min or so into the song, the volume goes up. Almost like it was being attenuated during the first half of a song. Its not drastic like when you unplug/plug in headphones. It goes up maybe 10-15 clicks. Anyone else see this? I am using AM2.
Cheers!

Jul 12, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #13,150 of 18,020
  Hello all. Been searching this thread and have not seen anything about volume level changing on its own. Lately (after 2.0 upgrade) the first song I play after turning on the X7 seems to be playing just fine, then 2 min or so into the song, the volume goes up. Almost like it was being attenuated during the first half of a song. Its not drastic like when you unplug/plug in headphones. It goes up maybe 10-15 clicks. Anyone else see this? I am using AM2.
Cheers!

Do you have any messenger or email apps installed? 

Jul 12, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #13,152 of 18,020
i have a question please

i got the am3 module, now i have two iems tralucent ref1 and an empire ears iem

the ref1 works great

now with the empire ears, i keep getting interference noise as if i am close to my mobile and someone wants to call me on my mobile and it gets picked up by the iem, but the strange thing is both the both wifi and bluetooth are off

how is that possible

Jul 12, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #13,153 of 18,020
  i have a question please

i got the am3 module, now i have two iems tralucent ref1 and an empire ears iem

the ref1 works great

now with the empire ears, i keep getting interference noise as if i am close to my mobile and someone wants to call me on my mobile and it gets picked up by the iem, but the strange thing is both the both wifi and bluetooth are off

how is that possible

the amplifier amplifies signals it receives. if you have a transmitting device on certain frequencies, this gets picked up by the device.

Jul 12, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #13,154 of 18,020

the amplifier amplifies signals it receives. if you have a transmitting device on certain frequencies, this gets picked up by the device.

now that sucks man, how can then one prevent that, as my mobile phone is far away from me, and this gets picked so much i am not able to enjoy music on my empire ears iems at all, and that is on low gain

Jul 12, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #13,155 of 18,020
now that sucks man, how can then one prevent that, as my mobile phone is far away from me, and this gets picked so much i am not able to enjoy music on my empire ears iems at all, and that is on low gain

It happens with cellular phones, and it's not just the X7. Heck, my powered subwoofer freaks out when my cel phone tries to aquire a signal from 3 ft away. That's the world we live in and you can't change physics. The only solution is to go in to airplane mode when using external devices around a cell phone, or move the cell phone even further away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back