FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jul 11, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #13,126 of 18,020
Hi, I can only find an explanation on a faulty AM3, it's not the cable, same SE cable tested on AM2 & AM3, balanced cable with worst results on AM3.
Btw, last firmware 2.0?

My AM3 is dark, it's not the difference in S/N ratio specs that could explain this, and then, SE and balanced are the same

My 2 cents
Yes, it's 2.0 firmware.

I checked on another crappy iems which are not so bright. Noise is still present but much lesser than on FLCs. When connecting AKG 550 noise was inaudible. It seems that FLCs are very, very sensitive. I can't find any other explanation above that this is a faulty unit. Which I really want to believe it's not :)

Even so, FLC are 93 dB, my IEMs are 117 dB/mW and the background I can ear in several tracks is due only to the tracks themselves.
Maybe there is another explanation other than a faulty unit (doesn't seem to me too) ? Some of the techie members here may have a clue...

But the way you described it, it looks bad.

Jul 11, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #13,128 of 18,020
Yes, it's 2.0 firmware.

I checked on another crappy iems which are not so bright. Noise is still present but much lesser than on FLCs. When connecting AKG 550 noise was inaudible. It seems that FLCs are very, very sensitive. I can't find any other explanation above that this is a faulty unit. Which I really want to believe it's not :)

I don' think my flc 8s is sensitive. It has noise cus of the cable. So just change the cable.

Jul 11, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #13,129 of 18,020
The same cable on AM2 gets almost no background noise. So I really can't change cable because:

a) it's original silver cable for FLC8s from LMUE
b) it works just fine with AM2.

I think I need to find someone in Poland with another AM3 and just compare units in some quiet place. Then I'll be sure if my AM3 is broken.

Jul 12, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #13,130 of 18,020
  Are there any instructions how to remove everything? I have seriously considered doing it?

if you don't know what you're doing, then don't do it.
I won't post any instructions either, as someone will get overzealous and make the operating system unusable.

Jul 12, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #13,131 of 18,020

What about gain level? Using high or low gain? Should be using low gain for lower noise

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 12, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #13,133 of 18,020
  The same cable on AM2 gets almost no background noise. So I really can't change cable because:

I think I need to find someone in Poland with another AM3 and just compare units in some quiet place. Then I'll be sure if my AM3 is broken.

Hi, Coyotex83.

When using the AM3, pls try to turn off the WiFi on the X7 firstly.
If you keep sliding the X7's screen, the same noise will still persist? Or the noise will disappear when you don't touch the X7's screen? 

Looking forward to your test result. 

Jul 12, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #13,134 of 18,020

Hi, Coyotex83.

When using the AM3, pls try to turn off the WiFi on the X7 firstly.
If you keep sliding the X7's screen, the same noise will still persist? Or the noise will disappear when you don't touch the X7's screen? 

Looking forward to your test result. 

Hello,

Yes, WiFi and BT are always disabled because I'm using Pure Music mode exclusively. After flashing FW 2.0 I didn't run X7 on Android mode even once.

And regarding the noise and screen corelation, indeed when screen is on and the progress bar is going onward with music progress the noise is more audible. When I turns screen off, and music plays, the noise is a little lesser, that is true, I noticed it yesterday. But again, On AM2 background is almost inaudible either with screen on and off.

Like I said I need to find another AM3 unit to compare.

Jul 12, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #13,135 of 18,020

Hello,

Yes, WiFi and BT are always disabled because I'm using Pure Music mode exclusively. After flashing FW 2.0 I didn't run X7 on Android mode even once.

And regarding the noise and screen corelation, indeed when screen is on and the progress bar is going onward with music progress the noise is more audible. When I turns screen off, and music plays, the noise is a little lesser, that is true, I noticed it yesterday. But again, On AM2 background is almost inaudible either with screen on and off.

Like I said I need to find another AM3 unit to compare.

One more thing that most probably has no impact but anyway someone suggested me and I've done after upgrading to FW2 was a Factory reset... just in case and to clear any doubt.

My 2 cents

Jul 12, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #13,136 of 18,020
Haven't tried pure music mode after updating to fw 2.0, just tried it and now it cant play my m3u playlist which is fine with fw 1.9.1. I tried to scan but no luck, it just did nothing

Anyone has this issue as well??

Jul 12, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #13,138 of 18,020

FLC8s are very sensitive - only 11 ohms

on my X7/AM3 with FLC8s with silver balanced cable (made by Jimmi Dragon PL): sometimes I can hear noise, but after reconecting cable it works fine - android mode and high gain :)

with AM1/AM2 FLC8s have no problems

Jul 12, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #13,139 of 18,020
Haven't tried pure music mode after updating to fw 2.0, just tried it and now it cant play my m3u playlist which is fine with fw 1.9.1. I tried to scan but no luck, it just did nothing

Anyone has this issue as well??

can you please upload the m3u file here? i will see if i can fix it. by now i'm an expert.

Jul 12, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #13,140 of 18,020
can you please upload the m3u file here? i will see if i can fix it. by now i'm an expert.

Yes i can once i have access to my laptop. But i dont think there's problem with my m3u files. Just before, with 1.9.1 i can use the same m3u in fiio music(both in pure music mode and android mode) and jetaudio. But now with 2.0 i only able to use it with jetaudio, in fiio music when i browse by folder and click the m3u file, then click the file name of the tracks listed, it just does nothing. Even if i rescan the files the result is still the same. Wondering why. It's wierd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back