FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
May 13, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #11,791 of 18,020
  @FiiO What is the pinout / specs for the AM3 Balanced Module? Thanks!

Unless something has changed since last mention, it will be based on A&K 2.5mm TRRS balanced.

May 13, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #11,794 of 18,020
hi guys...i'm considering getting my first dap...and this might be the one.
is there some new module coming out soon, that would be better to await for? or buy used?
mostly would be for my apple itunes and streaming...and yes I am trying to look into better
flac sources (bandcamp etc).

seems A&R is coming out with one this yr (offering streaming) as well as the imminent Echobox.

it was either this: or look into the dragonfly red with my nexus 5 (LG) phone...or the
HTC 10 (has a separate dac/amp not part of the 820 chip) 

May 13, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #11,795 of 18,020
Hey,

Im considering getting the AM3 balanced module for my 64 Audio U6s. What effect on tbe sound can i expect going balanced? Are the gains similar to going balanced with full sized headphones?

May 13, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #11,796 of 18,020
Hey,

Im considering getting the AM3 balanced module for my 64 Audio U6s. What effect on tbe sound can i expect going balanced? Are the gains similar to going balanced with full sized headphones?

Screw it, retracted why get this started. Cheers.

May 13, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #11,798 of 18,020
Haha fair enough. Im a bit dubious about the benefits for an iem in regards to balanced output. Just curious to try it cos im investing in my lortavle setup atm.

You know, sometimes it is simply worth it just for the experience of trying. Whether we trick ourselves into hearing a difference or not, I guess it doesn't matter, as long as it is enjoyable and helps you enjoy the hobby what is the harm?

May 14, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #11,799 of 18,020
You know, sometimes it is simply worth it just for the experience of trying. Whether we trick ourselves into hearing a difference or not, I guess it doesn't matter, as long as it is enjoyable and helps you enjoy the hobby what is the harm?

Thats mainly why i want to do it as i havent experienced it. I was going to buy a different cable anyway so might as well go balanced.

May 14, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #11,800 of 18,020
Crap, sorry wrong player, I disabled in neutron not the fiio app.

that explains why i could not find the option, lol.

May 14, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #11,801 of 18,020
Thats mainly why i want to do it as i havent experienced it. I was going to buy a different cable anyway so might as well go balanced.

Absolutely, I did the same thing when I had a DP-X1 and a PM3, went balanced. No regrets, and it sounded great so I am darn sure the X7 with your IEM will sound fantastic.

May 15, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #11,802 of 18,020
Hi all,

It has been a while since I've looked at this thread so have missed heaps and a search doesn't help....

Has the issue where you could not store Tidal tracks on the SD card been solved? I'm looking for a player to use primarily for Tidal and the X7 is on my short list (the dock has pushed it towards the top of the list).

Thanks for any help

May 15, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #11,805 of 18,020
No.
FiiO is still working on it.

Why do you think this is the case? This was mentioned as being known by FiiO months ago now and since then they have come out with at least 2 updates if not 3 and this is still an issue. I'm not positive about this, but I had read somewhere when researching DAPs that the ability to store app content to a internal micro SD was Android version dependent. Again, I am not 100% certain of this, but if it is true it might explain why FiiO is unable to achieve this functionality with the X7. I would bet you will see it with X7ii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back